Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liberals and Democrats Announce Rejection of ACTA

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
    What ever, Again i dont care what you say
    Kinda limits the reason anyone would reply to one of your posts then, doesn't it, Sweet Tooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    newsgroupie
    It seems that in many forums, any topic that does not fit neatly into any other sections is considered "lounge" material by default. (and a lot of lounge sections may be highly moderated - often to the extreme) Sometimes they create another section that allows inane topics or anything-goes type posts, it might be called "The Asylum" or "the Torture Chamber" or something like that, to distinguish it from the typically more conservative, family-friendly 'lounge' section.

There is a section here called "the Drawing Room" but with topics like "Why is Mary a paedophile?" - it might seem at first glance to be a bit of a cesspool (and it was for some reason placed at the very bottom of the "other Discussions" division, as if to serve as a drainage bilge) so I can understand why people might be turned off.
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

3. Lounge   -   #23
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    There is a section here called "the Drawing Room" but with topics like "Why is Mary a paedophile?" - it might seem at first glance to be a bit of a cesspool (and it was for some reason placed at the very bottom of the "other Discussions" division, as if to serve as a drainage bilge) so I can understand why people might be turned off.
    Anyone worthy of a "deep" discussion would look past the thread title, and give the OP a read. Once they did, they would realize that there was a fair amount of thought put into the topic, and one could actually have a real discussion on free speech limitations- including ones that strike the VAST majority as "dark" or offensive in nature. A worthwhile exploration if someone wished to go there. It is also the kind of "controversial" topic that has potential (it failed to do so) to add some new life to a now slow section.

You have shown yourself to be quite a capable thinker, zot. Hopefully, you will find some topics that you wish to make a stand on and the section can reboot from there.

As for The Lounge becoming an "appropriate" place to throw all the dregs of forumular waste, that's been tried. I'll give you a guess as to how well that was received...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Perhaps next time you may actually say something with your post instead of simply copy & pasting some article you found. If that is what you wish to do, take it to the front page "news" section, or if you want real discussion, take it to the Drawing Room.

Basically, you've stepped into a lion's den with a lollipop in one hand, and a newspaper in the other. Instead of lecturing people who have years more time here than you on how they should respond to you c&p and/or good gumdrops, try READING a bit from each section along with the site rules- these things will tell you what's up so that others don't have to pat you on the bum, or bite your fucking head off.

Got it yet, sugar plum?
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    It seems that in many forums, any topic that does not fit neatly into any other sections is considered "lounge" material by default. (and a lot of lounge sections may be highly moderated - often to the extreme) Sometimes they create another section that allows inane topics or anything-goes type posts, it might be called "The Asylum" or "the Torture Chamber" or something like that, to distinguish it from the typically more conservative, family-friendly 'lounge' section.

@sonic
    I'll have a serious discussion anywhere, I'll also goof off in any section. But a poorly formatted wall of text... not for me. I have a hard enough time being able to read sentences in one go, let alone keep a line count on a tartan pattern.

Edit: I was only quoting for context, not implicating either of you. I should have put an @ up there... you know what, that's what I'll do.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 04-29-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123