Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to a fellow Louisiana native

manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm not subscribing to your religion. Scars and talking?
    I'm sticking with my fundamental Islamic god.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I'm not subscribing to your religion. Scars and talking?
    I'm sticking with my fundamental Islamic god.
    Heathen.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    I've been contacted as a possible replacement.details are still coming in.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfMadeMMAn View Post
    but I know that it is not gonna stop the uneducated from disgracing a tragedy
    One man's tragedy is another man's meh.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

If you want an American tragedy how about the 37 million homeless people you have, over 10% of the population, that is a national tragedy.
    Not trying to be an ass, & homelessness is definitely a big problem in the US, but where did you get those numbers? Maybe 3.7 million, not 37. and even 3.7 is probably high. The whole estimated population of the US is 313,666,387.
    According to estimates by the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty (NLCHP) , the number of "homeless" people in the United States at any one time could be between 700,000 and 3 million.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Yeah, 10 % is really high. I know a town where the homeless population is 10 %, and it's mind boggling. However, I would find it believable that far greater than 10 % are living below poverty level.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Phew.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Phew.
    Well that's a relief.

Tsk tsk tsk faulty memory, I plucked that one out of a half remembered Oprah show on homelessness in America without checking current statistics: Which are kind of creepy, since although the amount of people who are homeless is static the number of homeless children is increasing markedly.

But you are right Phew, 2.5 million is a great deal better than 37 million. That's still alot of people though, and I know some of the U.S. is temperate so being homeless isn't such a hassle, but screw that in the northern states around January. I can't see being homeless as being a great idea in Spokane, Washington in January, there might be a few popsicles for the police to tag and bag right about then.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Et tu's Avatar Poster
    It's only like half the population of a small country

Norway.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I can't see being homeless as being a great idea in Spokane, Washington in January, there might be a few popsicles for the police to tag and bag right about then.
    At the age of 19, I had a split with my mother that left me sleeping in the front of my 1980 Datsun Pickup for just over a week. This was in the Seattle/Everett area in very early spring. I remember a light snow accumulating on the windshield (fairly uncommon for that area) one morning. After a rough, cold night I got up and poured concrete.

Fortunately, I got paid and was able to get into a decent apartment with the help of a very kind leasing agent who gave me (19 y/o kid) a chance- she did not require me to come up with the normal first/last month and damage deposit. Only required me to pay the first month. Not many in my situation find an angel like that.

Starting out with nothing and no family or friends in a new area is hard. Very fucking hard. Guys like 9's will NEVER understand what that's like.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-08-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Changed no to not. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast