Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building My First Machine..

SInce amd have a 64bit cpu, does pentium ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by neattairoski@22 November 2003 - 18:58
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/200...lon_64-22.html

Oh, and Thread Author, if you have the money, then go for the 64 bit chips now, or after christmas when the prices come down a bit. If your looking long term, 64bit is indeed the future, and like someone quoted, it would be about
    450 Minimum for the processor,
    150+ for motherboard,
    80+ for ram (its 400Mhz {3200} I believe)

And the rest is just normal pricing for things as far as im concered, so you could easily spend only say

100 On HD and CD Drive, then maybe
    200 On case/powersupply , keyboard, mouse and monitor.

And then however much you want to spend on a video card.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+23 November 2003 - 03:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ &#064; 23 November 2003 - 03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neattairoski@22 November 2003 - 18:58

Oh, and Thread Author, if you have the money, then go for the 64 bit chips now, or after christmas when the prices come down a bit. If your looking long term, 64bit is indeed the future, and like someone quoted, it would be about
    150+ for motherboard,

And the rest is just normal pricing for things as far as im concered, so you could easily spend only say

And then however much you want to spend on a video card. [/b][/quote]
    Thats what I was thinking... None of this will be done b4 xmas.. and I dont plan on getting it all at one time.. get a couple of parts at a time then save a little more..I thought about getting something like a allenware machine but that is to much.

I was thinking of doing this over the next 6 months... Looking at some of the programs out the biggest upgrades comming out now look like work on the 64 bit tech..

As far as money goes I can spend 4 or 5 hundard on a part a lot easier than 2 or 3 thousand at one time ...And it might be fun to try and build a machine...

I thoought about what VB said, But if I built a 32 bit machine and the technolagy goes to all 64 bit stuff I will have a new machine just built that cant run the new software..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by ricochet+23 November 2003 - 04:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ricochet @ 23 November 2003 - 04:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@23 November 2003 - 03:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-neattairoski
    @22 November 2003 - 18:58

150+ for motherboard,

And then however much you want to spend on a video card.
    Thats what I was thinking... None of this will be done b4 xmas.. and I dont plan on getting it all at one time.. get a couple of parts at a time then save a little more..I thought about getting something like a allenware machine but that is to much.

I was thinking of doing this over the next 6 months... Looking at some of the programs out the biggest upgrades comming out now look like work on the 64 bit tech..

As far as money goes I can spend 4 or 5 hundard on a part a lot easier than 2 or 3 thousand at one time ...And it might be fun to try and build a machine...

I thoought about what VB said, But if I built a 32 bit machine and the technolagy goes to all 64 bit stuff I will have a new machine just built that cant run the new software.. [/b][/quote]
    wow 4 or 4 grand on a single machine....i envy u

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    lol come on poeple, an investment that we will be laffing at ourselfs for hesitating investing... sad... looks good, just make sure you don&#39;t get caught when they make a better revision of the 64 bit cpu ... that would suck... (ie you might get the proccesor and the mobo at the same time...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12