Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robo Cop

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    The original is a goddamn masterpiece.

... I refuse to even give this new remake a chance if it doesn't have the "I'd buy that for a dollar" creep.
    Agreed!

('nuff said.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    haven't seen it yet but looks pretty cool.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    One can accuse the new edition that it is far less snappy or hard as the original "RoboCop", but the comparisons to the classics are not really the big problem of Padilhas film. Rather, the fact that this is a fairly interchangeable sci-fi actioner with pale protagonist, partially weak staged shoot-and half-baked drama. The entry into the film is strong, but convince the further course in the first place, only the vicious talk show scenes and the shoot-Vallon in hiding. After all: Better than "RoboCop 3" and the totaly gone wrong "Total Recall" from the year 2012, the remake is already, but that's only a small consolation.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by freebird View Post
    haven't seen it yet but looks pretty cool.
    Good point.Now go play with some hippos because from pictures they look kinda cute and comical in a non-threatening sort of way.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I read the screenplay and apparently the writer of the new one thought it would be a good idea to remove everything that was good about the original movie.

I'm surprised that he was too dim to understand the Christ allegory basically hitting you in the face from the original though.
    That and the new robo doesn't have to fight to regain his humanity or doesn't lose his family or anything so trivial.

All that said,if I were in charge of the remake I too would be damn sure that the FX were brilliant so the monkeys in the audience were distracted from how empty and humourless my movie was.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I think it was pretty clear from practically any trailer that the director had no intention of including any plot in this movie.

I was watching a preview in a movie theater a while back and for about 30 seconds thought it was a really bad ripoff of Iron Man.
    Last edited by Rart; 02-12-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    And honestly, my respect for Samuel L. Jackson has gone down a notch for associating himself with this.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    They're slowly chipping away at my childhood.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dvq View Post
    They're slowly chipping away at my childhood.
    1. Firmly shout STOP at your perpetrator.
    2. Get away from him/them as soon, and safely as possible.
    3. Tell an adult you trust about all the "icky" things that had been done/put inside of you.

4. Most importantly, post the most humiliating episodes here. FST will totally keep your secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    At least the people involved in this blasphemy can take solace in the fact that Robo Cop won't even be the worst remake of recent history. Because from what I hear the Old Boy remake is an absolute embarrassment. Of course I don't intend to see for myself in either case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast