Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best unlimited usenet providers?

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetDude View Post
    I use Eweka (dutch usenet) http://www.eweka.nl/en/home/ for my main.

For backup Block account http://perm.ly/dmca Because they have this:

We combine a multitude of different Usenet providers into one single, easy to use service to ensure that your articles and completion rates are up to scratch - nothing but the best is good enough. We are the only Usenet provider in the world having this unique feature and it ensures that we are able to retrieve your articles, even when they may have been removed or DMCAed at other providers.

Dont use high speed account because you dont get full speed! 20mbit is fine or block account.

Eeweka is a highwinds company. You'd be better off using a local reseller of theirs as at least you'd get better speeds. But I'd definitely recommend moving away from highwinds or their resellers altogether

2. Newsgroups   -   #52
    Poster
    usenet server=Highwinds

3. Newsgroups   -   #53
    SO what are the current recommended servers to get?

4. Newsgroups   -   #54
    anyone tried Thunder News?

www.thundernews.com

5. Newsgroups   -   #55
    I like NewsDemon. $12/mon for unlimited.

6. Newsgroups   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by DngrMs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hn66 View Post

Since you've disabled pm, could you offer any additional clues? Search results aren't turning up much.
    I've highlighted the important part of my post above. If I need to be explicit I'd follow the advice in many, many threads here and get an Astraweb unlimited account and a Tweaknews (or similar) block account to set as backup. It's not exactly what I use but close enough (I also have a tertiary block provider but as quoted above it's not normally required).

If you can't get what you want then I'd post specific questions about specific NZB's because the above combo will service 99% of the needs of 99% of the population (and I know this with statistical certainty because I know everything).
    I'm happy with Astraweb EU and TweakNews just as described above. Tweaknews as fill and it's been working fine for over a year now.

7. Newsgroups   -   #57
    What is easynews like?

8. Newsgroups   -   #58
    Poster
    Using Eweka which was great up to 6 months ago and now I'm seeing a lot of takedowns similar to Astraweb.
    Can anyone suggest an alternative?

9. Newsgroups   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by g1za View Post
    Using Eweka which was great up to 6 months ago and now I'm seeing a lot of takedowns similar to Astraweb.
    Can anyone suggest an alternative?
    Complain to the posters for being so obvious that they DO get taken down (but most are relying on 'auto-downloaders' to quickly distribute); either that, or perhaps give up on pro-wrestling/organized crime kinda stuff.

Like a lot of folks, I use Astra/Blocknews 'combo' and haven't run into anything 'taken down' in years; and I post almost 24/7 (~20TB+ per year) and have NEVER had anything targeted (and it all still exists back to AUG08/day zero), even 'stuff' that had been nailed every which way from Sunday just a week or two previously.
    Last edited by Beck38; 01-29-2015 at 07:02 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #60
    easynews is good but you need to track thing you like everyday

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast