Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Pix Getting Too Big?

Originally posted by titey@17 December 2003 - 13:39
    An' if'n someone does post an oversized image, I usually just move on to another thread unless I really want to see it.
    You meant unless its in "Sexies Lady" Thread.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by titey@17 December 2003 - 09:39

That&#39;s why I&#39;ve turned off signatures.... I don&#39;t need to see the same images over an&#39; over, an&#39; it helps a lot.
    An&#39; if&#39;n someone does post an oversized image, I usually just move on to another thread unless I really want to see it.
    Wow, you&#39;re right&#33; Thanks for the suggestion. I&#39;ll turn off sigs also, they too are getting a little out of hand...shameless self-promotional plugs usually...lol

Also, to put it in a nutshell...we have certain controls (My Controls), options and choices we can make and don&#39;t need to be at the mercy of the whims of other&#39;s.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@17 December 2003 - 09:54

You meant unless its in "Sexies Lady" Thread.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    LOL...there are exceptions to every rule.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@17 December 2003 - 09:54
    i don&#39;t think limiting the size of pictures posted is a good idea, seems a bit too much like you&#39;re limiting the freedom of speech
    I wholeheartedly agree 100% DarthInsinuate&#33;
    I may not agree with how people might compose their posts but will defend to the death
    (well, maybe a paper-cut) their right to do it.

mrlessk

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    muchspl2
    I think my grandmother uses 800x600

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    surely there&#39;s an auto-resize hack/mod for IPB, eh?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I totally agree
    Learn photoshop and learn to
    goto-edit-image-resize
    (this info was given without any costs)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by titey@18 December 2003 - 03:51
    It&#39;s not the pixel size that bothers me wif those large images, I don&#39;t mind scrolling....
    • ....it&#39;s the time it takes to download wif my crappy dial-up connection.
    But I think most people here are broadband users, an&#39; so my inconvenience isn&#39;t important.
    ill 2nd that when I was on dial up yes it was a pain in ass if your in the sexy woman thread it would take 10 minutes to load big as images

I remember walking away and getting something to drink waiting each time

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sparsely@17 December 2003 - 17:23
    surely there&#39;s an auto-resize hack/mod for IPB, eh?
    There is. Not a mod or hack though, it&#39;s in the config.

They just haven&#39;t set a limit yet.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Thanks everyone,
    It&#39;s been a couple of days since the posting of this thread and the feedback has been very interesting and varied.. It was never intended as a "Poll" but I found the replies of interest and worthy of note. A wide spectrum of opinions indicates, to me anyway, that there is an issue of freedom of choice vs. courtesy vs. practicality.

The responses pretty much became a "pros" and "cons" on the subject of whether or not to control (voluntarily or otherwise) the size of posted images within these Forums.

Here are a few chosen quotes from you folks that pretty much covers all the bases:

"It&#39;s not the pixel size that bothers me....
    ....it&#39;s the time it takes to download with my crappy dial-up connection"
    "You are absolutely right about the size of the images and its a little annoying to me as well."
    "Wherever external hot linking is allowed, people just copy the image address and paste it here."
    "People really should resize images to a maximum 800x600* before posting them on a topic. Not because of the size of the files, but because having horizontal scroll bars on a page is f****** annoying."

The...you&#39;re not gonna tell ME what to do quote....
    "i&#39;ll post whatever size images i like, and there&#39;s nothing you can do to stop me"

The...biggest argument against quote...
    "don&#39;t think limiting the size of pictures posted is a good idea, seems a bit too much like you&#39;re limiting the freedom of speech"
    The...possible future solution quote....
    "It&#39;s being discussed as an amendment to the rules, so yes there will be something that can be done about.................still in the discussion stages.........."
    The...practical suggestion quote....
    "Learn photoshop and learn to goto-edit-image-resize"
    The...I did this to help speedup page loading (I have dialup) quote....
    "That&#39;s why I&#39;ve turned off signatures.... I don&#39;t need to see the same images over an&#39; over, an&#39; it helps a lot."
    The...Ultimate solution? quote.....

(surely there&#39;s an auto-resize hack/mod for IPB, eh?) "There is. Not a mod or hack though, it&#39;s in the config. They just haven&#39;t set a limit yet."
    I&#39;ve found visiting the KL Forums interesting, informative, entertaining and lots of fun. Listening to voices from around the world and how we feel on certain issues is very satisfying.

This issue on the size of a posted image was simply brought on by, what I considered, "going too far in one direction" and maybe it was time to raise attention to it (just my opinion, I could be wrong).
    Ultimately the KL Board will do what it feels is best for all and whatever it decides to do is fine with me.

In the meantime, you the people have spoken&#33;

Happy Holidays everyone&#33;....:newyear:

Regards,
    mrlessk :beerchug:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast