Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Overnet Lite

Try to ask the developer , Tmpj .

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by timfromspaced@1 January 2004 - 22:53
    anyone else getting "overnet has caused an error in pro.dll"
    I'm here!

Hmmm, wiered problem m8! I tryed both of my "Lite" versions on my own PC (Windows XP), and my own home server (Quite guys, Windows 2003 ) and it worked fine. Incl. I had some friends test it too.

Could you tell me what OS you're using?

I must say that this little Pro.dll is not legal!
    But who cares, its just this version (0.52) it'll work for, I'm confident that it won't for the next one (0.53) !

The solution for timfromspaced is in fact pretty easy.

1. Make sure that Overnet Lite is not running.
    2. Download this file: http://members.lycos.co.uk/overnetlite/fixes/fix.reg and import it to the registry.
    3. Go to installation folder of your Overnet Lite (Could be: C:\Program Files\Overnet Lite) and open the Plugins folder.
    4. Delete the Pro.dll file.

Done!

You should now be able to run Overnet, though you&#39;ll see the banner in the top of the application since we&#39;ve removed the registration faker (<-- My favourite feature ).

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Thanks, I&#39;ll try that
    Windows ME btw

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by timfromspaced@2 January 2004 - 04:56
    Thanks, I&#39;ll try that
    Windows ME btw
    No Problem m8&#33;
    I havn&#39;t tested it on Windows 98/ME/2000, but since 2000 is a lot like XP I&#39;m 99% sure that it works on it.
    Windows 98/ME is pretty much a whole universe different than 2000 & XP so I&#39;m not sure there.

I also forgot to tell you that even though Overnet is showing you a banner you don&#39;t get ANY sort of spyware installed, I don&#39;t know if you wanna call this adware, but since it doesn&#39;t give ya popups I think it doesn&#39;t matter that much.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I just got Overnet today, and i am very impressed. I got connected fast, got search results bigger & faster, and the download started right then. I think this is my favorite P2P app now.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    im not seeing a banner
    Also, the reg file wouldn&#39;t merge, it said it wasn&#39;t a valid reg file
    I tried to enter details manually but I am unsure if it worked. I still see the "register" button :helpsmile:

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    open the registration file and change 5 to 4

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by timfromspaced@2 January 2004 - 05:15
    im not seeing a banner
    Also, the reg file wouldn&#39;t merge, it said it wasn&#39;t a valid reg file
    I tried to enter details manually but I am unsure if it worked. I still see the "register" button :helpsmile:
    1. Hmm, Strange.
    2. My fault, I forgot that it was made with the Windows XP registry editor.
    3. If you don&#39;t get the error you said you got, then it worked. Incl. the "Register" button is there because it is not registered (Overnet Pro) without the Pro.dll file, but Overnet will still work 100% fine without it.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    ty all

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by cpumaster1@2 January 2004 - 05:20
    open the registration file and change 5 to 4
    Thanks, I can use that myself&#33;

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast