Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need Help Complete Newbie

skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Someone changed the extension to .exe so when you searched for programs on K-lite it would show up on the search.

doesn't have the correct properties of an actual executable file? Is that what it means?
    Correct.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    oh I get it ok now I have to shut down and reboot to change the file to iso( file in use message)
    thank you
    I'll be back

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Someone changed the extension to .exe so when you searched for programs on K-lite it would show up on the search.
    I just learned how to do that quote thing. And for this reason
    It's a freakin trial version which is missing some file to install.
    u guys are probably giggling to yourselves!! It's Ok I learned something. Any way Winrar would not open the file I chose add to Quickbooks.rar then after playing around with it VIEW and selected the executable.

BTW for future ref. which file types should I seek for a smoother download and install experience????

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Still have problem,,,, can't find uninstall ,,,,, can't delete bullsh.. program!!!
    please help?????

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    If the uninstaller isn't in add/remove, goto your program files and find the installation file and look in there for the uninstaller.
    Normally its best to get image files such as .BIN; .ISO etc
    Bitt.; Emule; IRC and Newsgroups are the places to get most goodies.
    And no one is laughing, everyone has done it at sometime in their P2P life

Edit:sp and sometimes the trial fixer is included in a subfolder or needs to be unpacked as well and then read any text file or .NFO file to get the instructions on how to apply the fix.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    I'll look for an uninstaller again. It's definately not in add/remove. though maybe either the quickbooks web site might have info,, orrrr adware??? Thanks for the kind words I felt kinda stupid.

Actually it never installed, (support files missing??)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234