Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeropaid, A Big Fake

ES5 is run by the mob and we all know that.

Steve Cohen made hundreds of millions of dollars by exploiting huge domain names like Sex.com and Ras Kabair is a middle eastern billionaire oil baron.

But those guys at ES5 only exploit p2p. They lie about their user stats but they do offer free ftp and free movie streaming and they do it at their own cost. I dont care that ES5 lies about how many users they have cause they dont rip anybody off. They dont have any spyware or adware in es5. I'd say that ES5 has about 1 million users. No way do they have 20 million.

Funny thing is es5 doesnt take prisoners. They even took over the domain http://kazaaforums.com and http://p2pforum.com and http://p2pforum.net and take over anybody who says anything bad about them. ZP & Slyck is now afraid to even mention anything bad about them. God knows how many times ZP and Slyck have been hacked over the last month.

We all belong to this mafia called P2P. So I dont judge ES5 cause at least they have proven they dont work for the RIAA. ES5 is just a very wealthy mafia type operation whos grown popular.

Sharepro threatening Random Nut only made SP more popular. I mean everybody likes that guy so Im not going to get flamed here for saying anything bad about him.

On one hand, we cannot say that ES5 is not pro p2p. I mean they do everything that we all wish we could do and they do it for free without spyware, adware or popups. So the baddest thing I can say is that ES5 is run by the mob. But since its only natural that the mob would be involved (afterall, P2P is illegal) I find that it can be a useful thing to be run by the mob. I mean the mob has lots of cash for resources that can be poured into p2p.

But it now makes sense why congress says "P2P is now being run by the mafia"

Zeropaid on the other hand is full of cheats. ZP sells everybody out and in my opinion is a very big danger. They work with the dark forces. You should report Zeropaid.com to peerguardian.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Hacktown@26 January 2004 - 16:00
    ES5 is run by the mob and we all know that.

Steve Cohen made hundreds of millions of dollars by exploiting huge domain names like Sex.com and Ras Kabair is a middle eastern billionaire oil baron.

But those guys at ES5 only exploit p2p. They lie about their user stats but they do offer free ftp and free movie streaming and they do it at their own cost. I dont care that ES5 lies about how many users they have cause they dont rip anybody off. They dont have any spyware or adware in es5. I'd say that ES5 has about 1 million users. No way do they have 20 million.
    They don't even have 1 million and you know it.
    If they do please post a screenshot proofing so.

And I have no doubt in my mind that the guys behind ES5 will sell out just as alleged easily as Zeropaid.

Go post your mob-loving texts somewhere else.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Yes well zp is trying to sell Digital Rights Management (DRM) to content holders to make a buck, something anyone can do with windows media encoder and a shared folder.
    Oh the irony, when they started to show off their DRM techno savy and said they would make a weekly video of the top stories of the week in DRM protected files.
    Within a few hours of the first one being posted on ZP, it was on p2p in UN-DRMmed format, free of all copy protection.

Needless to say they discontinued releasing the news in DRM format after that.

And Here it is in all it's UN-DRMmed glory

PS Please stick it in your shared folder as a reminder to all those that think DRM is a way to force us to pay for their content.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Vargas@26 January 2004 - 08:15
    Yes well zp is trying to sell Digital Rights Management (DRM) to content holders to make a buck, something anyone can do with windows media encoder and a shared folder.
    Oh the irony, when they started to show off their DRM techno savy and said they would make a weekly video of the top stories of the week in DRM protected files.
    Within a few hours of the first one being posted on ZP, it was on p2p in UN-DRMmed format, free of all copy protection.

Needless to say they discontinued releasing the news in DRM format after that.

And Here it is in all it's UN-DRMmed glory

PS Please stick it in your shared folder as a reminder to all those that think DRM is a way to force us to pay for their content.
    but now, as you may know, drm is being to used on microsoft, napster, and other music services to prevent putting the song on mp3 players or burning it more than once.

even for napster this is bullshit because you pay for the music and can't do with it what you want.

btw: personally I think Steve Cohen won't do shit for es5. He is going against their whole idea of being a free open forum.

I don't know the numbers, and i'm sure they're inflated quite a bit, but es5 DOES offer a lot more than other p2p programs will ever consider offering.

Hacktown's quote:

Christopher Hedgecock, executive vice president of EmpireDRM (www.empiredrm.com), recommended Webmasters visit sites like ZeroPaid.com and subscribe to newsletters like DRMDaily (www.drmdaily.com) to familiarize themselves with the concepts behind P2P networks and their popularity, and then begin transforming their content into material that will promote their businesses and make them money even if it's stolen and traded on the big commercial networks. By flooding P2P networks with DRM-protected content that forces out the illegal "free" stuff, Webmasters can head off file swappers at the pass, creating a sort of "pay-to-peer" network,
    Is a real quote, and he was a co-creator of zeropaid. THAT IS WHAT ZEROPAID IS FOR. If you visit zeropaid.com, you are becoming a labrat. They are familiarizing themselves with you.

When Chris Hedgecock went to the es5 forum to defend himself against SharePro's discovery that he and zeropaid were against p2p, he couldn't. He was slammed with interrogative questions on why he was using zeropaid to get info on users and use DRM tactics to destroy p2p networks. He began ignoring questions and finally began to break down. His posts became irratic, and he began using capslock and just plain flaming. Just check out his posts on the slyck forum (if they haven't deleted the thread yet) I'll look for them. He eventually dissappeared, and who knows, he's probably in a mental hospital right now.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Napster, Itunes, and the others who are selling music online are no different than Tower Records - but then they dont claim to be pro p2p. They are fucking online retail commerce and were built to be that way.

Zeropaid.com on the other hand claims to be into P2P. So there is a difference when ZP is involved with Digital Rights Management.

Why the fuck do we have a "p2p community" if the so-called leaders are taking us into pay 2 peer? Isnt that fucking queer?

Zeropaid has said in various DRM interviews that they want to creat PAY 2 PEER NETWORKS. Dude, what part of that dont you understand? That is what this is about. Who gives a rats ass how many people ES5 has or doesnt have.

Is pay 2 peer what you really think p2p should be?

Is gathering peoples ip addresses, demographical information, browser activity and using it to sue 12 year old little girls what you think is right? If so, then maybe your not a real p2p'r. Great thing about p2p is getting music and files for free. Hell, how many 16 year olds have credit cards to pay for the music online anyway?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    dont use em duh

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Reality check!!

Are we forgetting who the REAL bad guys are here?!?!?!

It's guys behind ES5. They've done far worse things than selling DRM.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@26 January 2004 - 19:09
    Reality check!!

Are we forgetting who the REAL bad guys are here?!?!?!

It's guys behind ES5. They've done far worse things than selling DRM.
    ... like?

an efficient DRM will be the end of p2p as we know it.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by kAb+27 January 2004 - 02:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb &#064; 27 January 2004 - 02:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NotoriousBIC@26 January 2004 - 19:09
    Reality check&#33;&#33;

Are we forgetting who the REAL bad guys are here?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

It&#39;s guys behind ES5. They&#39;ve done far worse things than selling DRM.
    ... like?
    [/b][/quote]
    like screwing with random nut when he exposed thier code to be exploitable ON PURPOSE Link

an efficient DRM will be the end of p2p as we know it.
    DRM is meant to be cracked, see my prior post.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BANNED
    Reality check&#33;&#33;

Are we forgetting who the REAL bad guys are here?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

It&#39;s guys behind ES5. They&#39;ve done far worse things than selling DRM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast