Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice But That, Its My Site

h1
    SH, I know several greyhat hackers.

No really, you should take some steps to protect your site. I mean, total protection is and always will be impossible, but you can take steps to stop idiots using HTTrack or SpiderZilla. I've had my site stolen before, but this was when I was a minor and had no legal standing, and I know how terrible it feels.

I recommend HTML Guardian. It can also do a good job protecting server-side data and data that is generated server-side.

And I would just like to add that Triadcool is a fucking bitch ass biter. Stupid little shit can't even remove the copyright notice by himself. People like him need to hung by their nuts from a ceiling fan while being [use your imagination, lol]

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    BANNED
    well i'm happy i'm not the only one saying it, i had the site protected with html protector, it is one of the best ones i have seen and for somebody like triadcool, (who is a moran) is perfect, because you can't even view it off line, but it was slowing the site down just a bit and for some reason sh could not even load it from where he is at, none of us on this board had the problem but for some damn reason(which not sharedholder's fault) he could not even load the site, ( i think it was his net speed) any ways so no we have a minimum protection which from 2 month ago i said was not enough. i will talk to sh again and see if that problem still exists. our "feedback.html" in the "feedback" section is still protected by the html protector, check it out you will see its different than the rest of the site and not easy to get the source code for it or view it off line( for idiots like triadcool, its imposible)

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    h1
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@28 January 2004 - 00:18
    well i'm happy i'm not the only one saying it, i had the site protected with html protector, it is one of the best ones i have seen and for somebody like triadcool, (who is a moran) is perfect, because you can't even view it off line, but it was slowing the site down just a bit and for some reason sh could not even load it from where he is at, none of us on this board had the problem but for some damn reason(which not sharedholder's fault) he could not even load the site, ( i think it was his net speed) any ways so no we have a minimum protection which from 2 month ago i said was not enough. i will talk to sh again and see if that problem still exists. our "feedback.html" in the "feedback" section is still protected by the html protector, check it out you will see its different than the rest of the site and not easy to get the source code for it or view it off line( for idiots like triadcool, its imposible)
    Your feedback page isn't protected.

HTML Guardian actually compresses the code too, reducing server load.

About crashing, there is an option for all browsers, and another for IE 5.5+. If you are using the IE version (which uses JScript.Encode), other browsers might die. But when encrypted with the generic algorithm, it works in all browsers for me except Lynx, for obvious reasons.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789+27 January 2004 - 19:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 &#064; 27 January 2004 - 19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@28 January 2004 - 00:18
    well i&#39;m happy i&#39;m not the only one saying it, i had the site protected with html protector, it is one of the best ones i have seen and for somebody like triadcool, (who is a moran) is perfect, because you can&#39;t even view it off line, but it was slowing the site down just a bit and for some reason sh could not even load it from where he is at, none of us on this board had the problem but for some damn reason(which not sharedholder&#39;s fault) he could not even load the site, ( i think it was his net speed) any ways so no we have a minimum protection which from 2 month ago i said was not enough. i will talk to sh again and see if that problem still exists. our "feedback.html" in the "feedback" section is still protected by the html protector, check it out you will see its different than the rest of the site and not easy to get the source code for it or view it off line( for idiots like triadcool, its imposible)
    Your feedback page isn&#39;t protected.

HTML Guardian actually compresses the code too, reducing server load.

About crashing, there is an option for all browsers, and another for IE 5.5+. If you are using the IE version (which uses JScript.Encode), other browsers might die. But when encrypted with the generic algorithm, it works in all browsers for me except Lynx, for obvious reasons. [/b][/quote]
    can you show me the source code for the feedback.html??

EDIT EDIT : SORRY I MEANT SUBMIT.HTML YOU ARE RIGHT THE FEEDBACK IS NOT
    I MADE A MISTAKE I MENT SUBMIT.HTML

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    h1
    That&#39;s not HTML Guardian. It&#39;s a cheap ripoff called HTML Protector by Mini HTTP Server. That protection is quite honestly crap and took me around 5 seconds to defeat... and you can do it with the change of one function call.

I don&#39;t have a sample of HTML Guardian, but this is how it password protects pages.

And I just saw TC&#39;s page on Topcities... damn, he took off the copyright and the logo...

Not to mention everything server-side since he&#39;s not intelligent enough to get a free submit script from somewhere.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    BANNED
    yes but that protection is not ment for you and me, its ment for idiots like triadcool.

and i didn&#39;t understand the password protection, what do you use that for??

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@27 January 2004 - 17:25
    yes but that protection is not ment for you and me, its ment for idiots like triadcool.

and i didn&#39;t understand the password protection, what do you use that for??
    he meant that the script for password protection is sort encoded through HTML Guardian (its also mentioned if you go and see in the webdev under "How to hide your source" towards the end)

Source done similarly be encoded. As he said its impossible to protect it fully, but you can get stupid people like triadcool and others not to use it. But if you have copyright notice, you shouldnt really care unless your code is start of the art design, which it is not really. Back-end isn&#39;t extraordinary, what the visitors see is quite nice.
    So i dont really think a reason to go about protecting so much. Copyright notice should be enough to ripoff people like triadcool completely.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12