Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allmusic.com Pwned By Musicmatch!

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 April 2004 - 12:14
    Just wait untell June.....

The Super Bible!
    ?...Tell me more.

Long Live Music!

Peace brotherdoobie

2. Music   -   #12
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@20 April 2004 - 17:31
    but still, AMG is far from being owned....
    do an artist search, the results are about the same
    it is another option, but it wont replace AMG, not IMO
    but it is nice to have another source to use B)

-edit- @ slick nick....you dont work for music match do ya?
    the artist search results are the same but as i'm saying for a third time here they have allmusic licked in the genre search. if you just want to look up artist you can use either but if you want to find EVERY grunge, funk metal, industrial metal band, etc musicmatch is the way to go. until allmusic does this i'm done using their site. i don't work for music,match either

unless allmusic does something like that i don't see what they can come back in june with to top that.

3. Music   -   #13
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    When you Download an Album and want to make sure the Times are right.You go to the Bible.You want to Read about that Album.....you go to the Bible.

In June they are going to have over 5 million Song clips.Every Song to every Album on their Site just about.Amazon does not even have this.

* Ohhh my bad.This is about genres.Well you better have a MOD change the Title of this Thread. *

4. Music   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Linda why can't you access AMG?

5. Music   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@21 April 2004 - 19:22
    When you Download an Album and want to make sure the Times are right.You go to the Bible.You want to Read about that Album.....you go to the Bible.

In June they are going to have over 5 million Song clips.Every Song to every Album on their Site just about.Amazon does not even have this.

* Ohhh my bad.This is about genres.Well you better have a MOD change the Title of this Thread. *
    woah looking forward to that

6. Music   -   #16
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@21 April 2004 - 10:22

i download an album i don't bother checking out the track times at allmusic IF they do even have them. i download an album it's free so i don't bother reading the reviews i'll decide for myself how good or bad it is IF it even has a review. I downloaded 2 4 to 4 1/2 starred dinosaur jr albums and they were amongst the worst shit i'd ever heard.

shit man you must have a lot of free time on your hands to be doing all that shit.

problems with amg is a) they don't always have every album by artist listed there, B) they don't always have track listings for albums c) for some artist they don't anything asides a a page with their name. it's a good site but they seriously need to make it so when you click a genre everyone labeled that genre comes up. now after i find out about the artist on musicmatch i'll check out sound samples if i intend to buy it, at amg. assuming they do it for lesser known bands, which being able to find every band who falls under "x" genre exposes one to.

7. Music   -   #17
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by slick nick@21 April 2004 - 09:59
    i download an album i don't bother checking out the track times
    problems with amg is a) they don't always have every album by artist listed there
    so you just assume that the d/l is correct?

and try clicking the "show more" button
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

8. Music   -   #18
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Ok.Let me see a List of your so called hard to find Albums.I mean you must have the Rarest Collection of Music out there.

Look around MusicWorld and you will find where me and a few others have said allmusic.com does not have every Album out there and they tend to only go for American and British acts.

But allmusic.com is the best out there overall.

If you want something to change and their Genres to be better organized then you tell them that.You E-Mail them...sign up as an Insider.Do whatever you think can make things better.

But coming on here dogging what we call "The Music Bible" is not doing none of us any good.

9. Music   -   #19
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Allmusic is the most accurate and up to date guide on the net..christ i am from a small Canadian town and a group who i use to go watch every Friday is listed at Allmusic...oh yeah by the way that was back in 1968...and i do like the fact that the track times are listed...there is so much shit floating around...incomplete songs ...short versions...when i download i want to know that i am getting the correct version of the tune...i like to keep my download albums as close to the originals as can be
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

10. Music   -   #20
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@21 April 2004 - 19:13
    so you just assume that the d/l is correct?

and try clicking the "show more" button
    yeah usually it's in the persons complete folder or i already know how many tracks are on it. i've never come across a song whihc wasn't the full song.

and i know you are kidding about that show more crap. i mean they literally don't have all releases by some artist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast