Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This Worth It ?

Double Agent
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@7 May 2004 - 02:16
    9600xt certainly is not the best card for gaming but it's economical and affordable for medium range gamers.

The machines looks ok, although I think it's overpriced a bit, see if you can convince the seller to part with it for a grand.
    like i said, if seller wont part with it for a grand just walk away....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I checked out newegg and came out with about 1,100 usd. the hdd was over 200 and the cpu was 275...

I also found this one . What do you think is better ???

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    They 2nd one looks better. But i would stick with finding the individual parts yourself on ebay. Its pretty easy, it will save you money, plus you will know exactly what you are getting. Just make sure you try to stick with people with high/good feedback.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by ricochet@7 May 2004 - 10:41
    I checked out newegg and came out with about 1,100 usd. the hdd was over 200 and the cpu was 275...

I also found this one . What do you think is better ???
    holy fucking shit

this one you can buy

kick ass shit

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    ok you can't trust ebay people but can you trust a ebay store?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@7 May 2004 - 09:48
    This is what he payed for that system:

Ram - 90
    HDD - 160
    DVD+RW - 54.50
    9600XT - 125
    CPU - 200
    (About 55 shipping total for these items)

Thats all that I could check on what he spent, everything else he got more then 3 month ago. But is an estimate for the other stuff.
    Case + PSU - 70
    56k modem - 3
    Floppy - 8
    Motherboard - 100
    (About 25 shipping for these items)

Thats around 810
    Plus there shipping on individual items

So I wouldnt pay more then 900 for that. Its still a nice system.
    Some of your price estimates seem a little whack to me....I don't think you'll find that case and PSU anywhere for $70.

Also, everyone seems to be completely ignoring the fact that this PC is complete and running.
    I don't know how you guys would value your machines ( assuming you built them yourselves), but I would certainly place a higher price on Sprocket than just the cost of the individual parts.
    There is a lot of time involved above and beyond just slamming the components into the case.
    I also guess that everyone here got their OS's for free too, as no one has factored that into the equation.
    I don't know if I would buy it, but his asking price doesn't seem that outrageous to me...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Im not going to get this .I dont like the wiring job. He makes me think he wants to slap it toghter.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by ricochet@9 May 2004 - 13:53
    Im not going to get this .I dont like the wiring job. He makes me think he wants to slap it toghter.

your not getting it because of a wiring job???
    odd...
    that would just give you something to do!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Personally i would buy each part and build yourself. Idf you have the time that is, its fun and you get what you want, not what someone else thinks is good looking . And one the second one the graphics card is a FX5700, now seing as your looking for top of the range, i would either wait for the next gen of cards or at least get a 9800 Pro there only £125 english so whast that in USD?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@9 May 2004 - 10:13
    Personally i would buy each part and build yourself. Idf you have the time that is, its fun and you get what you want, not what someone else thinks is good looking . And one the second one the graphics card is a FX5700, now seing as your looking for top of the range, i would either wait for the next gen of cards or at least get a 9800 Pro there only £125 english so whast that in USD?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast