Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisexual?

brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@18 June 2004 - 22:48
    Do you think its fair or right that a bisexual man like Todd in coronation street (UK) should have to admit to his wife that hes gay, as far as I was concerned he was having a perfectly healthy relationship with his missus its just that he fancied blokes aswell, which made every1 force his hand and admit he was gay,this was wrong and although I'm not a soap watcher I found myself disgusted by how his character was protrayed as a liar and forced to admit that he was gay even though as long as he never strayed away there was nothing wrong with his thinking, would there have been the same situation if it was other women he was fancying? would ppl make you admit to your wife that u fancy other women even if you did'nt see other women? I think on this occasion homosexuals have overstepped the mark and been hetrophobic by assuming that all men that fancy blokes are gay and that sooner or later they will sleep with 1, anyway just something I noticed

Big Fu@king BTW. I'm not gay
    I don't watch Coronation Street because its shit, but I am in agreement with you on this whole - not-a-problem-looking-at-same-sex-tottie - debate. However if he (Todd) cheated on his wife, then he should die for his sins
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    There's Cornation Street in Canada too
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by Keikan@19 June 2004 - 02:13
    There's Cornation Street in Canada too
    Shudder Guess what there a esat end of london in south africa and why not..

most 40 year old men go gay to try it out and 40 seems the age men go sick for k stuff strange age so beware mid life or what

4. Lounge   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by brenda+19 June 2004 - 01:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brenda @ 19 June 2004 - 01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-keyser_soze@18 June 2004 - 22:48
    Do you think its fair or right that a bisexual man like Todd in coronation street (UK) should have to admit to his wife that hes gay, as far as I was concerned he was having a perfectly healthy relationship with his missus its just that he fancied blokes aswell, which made every1 force his hand and admit he was gay,this was wrong and although I&#39;m not a soap watcher I found myself disgusted by how his character was protrayed as a liar and forced to admit that he was gay even though as long as he never strayed away there was nothing wrong with his thinking, would there have been the same situation if it was other women he was fancying? would ppl make you admit to your wife that u fancy other women even if you did&#39;nt see other women? I think on this occasion homosexuals have overstepped the mark and been hetrophobic by assuming that all men that fancy blokes are gay and that sooner or later they will sleep with 1, anyway just something I noticed&nbsp;

Big Fu@king BTW. I&#39;m not gay&nbsp;
    I don&#39;t watch Coronation Street because its shit, but I am in agreement with you on this whole - not-a-problem-looking-at-same-sex-tottie - debate. However if he (Todd) cheated on his wife, then he should die for his sins [/b][/quote]
    homosexuals have overstepped the mark and been hetrophobic by assuming that all men that fancy blokes are gay and that sooner or later they will sleep with 1, anyway just something I noticed
    i agree&#33;&#33;,m8 ,i can see if a guys attractive&#33;.,handsome is handsome,male&#33;&#33; or female,it dosnt mean i fancy&#33; him...i have no sexual feeling&#33;&#33; toward men,&#33;&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I just wish to say....
    If you truly are bisexual then it&#39;s quite difficult to supress the urge to sleep with someone of your own sex as well. It&#39;s like something you need your own partner can&#39;t give you

6. Lounge   -   #16
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I have mixed feelings on this one...

On the one hand, there is the requirement (set down by society&#39;s moral dictum) that couples should expect total sexual faithfulness within the relationship. This I believe is based on the idea that if you love someone, they are the only people you should ever have sex with. Therefore, as our society has decided monogomy is the way forward, it is deemed unacceptable for people to have sexual relations with anyone else........therefore Todd is a bastard...

But......

It is also true to say that sexual urges, preferences etc are not so simple as one person and no other. Some people may have urges that cannot be satisfied by one person, or within a purely heterosexual relationship. The moral dilemma aside (socially constructed remember), if adequate precautions are taken, and (critically) it is not made into a public spectacle (this requires an understanding by all parties) is kept discrete and of course safe then, provided it is nothing more than sex, I see no problem. After all, it is often the &#39;love&#39; and the &#39;lies&#39; that get most people upset. If there is honesty and other sexual partners are not in competition for &#39;love&#39; I think Todd should be allowed to fulfill his urges. If he is bisexual then fair enough, its not a disease&#33; (Oh and maybe his wife should lighten up and join in&#33;&#33;&#33; lmfao)

I know this is not a mainstream view....but I never said I was mainstream.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by sara5564@19 June 2004 - 11:11
    It is also true to say that sexual urges, preferences etc are not so simple as one person and no other. Some people may have urges that cannot be satisfied by one person, or within a purely heterosexual relationship. The moral dilemma aside (socially constructed remember), if adequate precautions are taken, and (critically) it is not made into a public spectacle (this requires an understanding by all parties) is kept discrete and of course safe then, provided it is nothing more than sex, I see no problem. After all, it is often the &#39;love&#39; and the &#39;lies&#39; that get most people upset. If there is honesty and other sexual partners are not in competition for &#39;love&#39; I think Todd should be allowed to fulfill his urges. If he is bisexual then fair enough, its not a disease&#33; (Oh and maybe his wife should lighten up and join in&#33;&#33;&#33; lmfao)

I am in agreement with this, provided of cause that all parties involved are happy with the situation but there is alway the danger that the power of social ideologies with eventually get to at least one person involved and they will begin to crave the percieved stability of a monogamous relationship. I&#39;d like to say that I would be open minded enough to deal with it but I think that if I actually found myself in that situation I&#39;d find it very difficult if not impossible to deal with without suffering somewhat.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

8. Lounge   -   #18
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Originally posted by sara5564@19 June 2004 - 11:11
    I have mixed feelings on this one...

On the one hand, there is the requirement (set down by society&#39;s moral dictum) that couples should expect total sexual faithfulness within the relationship. This I believe is based on the idea that if you love someone, they are the only people you should ever have sex with. Therefore, as our society has decided monogomy is the way forward, it is deemed unacceptable for people to have sexual relations with anyone else........therefore Todd is a bastard...

But......

why should being a fruit make any difference?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by GepperRankins@19 June 2004 - 14:17
    why should being a fruit make any difference?
    I don&#39;t think it does make a diff, I think its quite acceptable for heterosexuals to engage in polygamous relationships too but the same thing applies - everyone involved has to aggree and respecting other peoples feeling is paramount. I do believe that monogamy is a social construction but I is one to which I conform, I like my partner to be my partner and no-one elses, and when I&#39;m in a relationship with someone I don&#39;t feel the need to suppliment that relationship. However if someone is in a realtionship that is not fulfilling them in some way - physically/mentally/spiritually whatever - then I can understand why they would look elsewhere, in this circumstance (as I presume the character Todd is) then being honest with ones partner is the only way to move forward.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    He does&#39;nt have to admit anything, he&#39;s Bi, therefore he says "I&#39;m Bi-sexual" what a stupid question

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast