Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent Electrical Help Required

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Depends what kinda of feed you have, if your shower is run from the hot water tank then I would say you prolly need a new switch, if it's a self heating shower (never runs out of hot water) then it should be (by law) on a seperate trip switch, I would say you switch has tripped and it needs switching on again

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Electric shower, eh?

never heard of that before, lol.

go to your fuse box, either flick the switch for your electric shower or unscrew the fuse if u have that kind.
    then open up that box have a quick look see if u can see any problems in there (loose wire, damaged pull cord thingy, etc.)

Think you should call in an electrician, plumber, or a friend\family member who knows how to fix this kinda stuff.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Bet you a fiver it's a trip switch

But agree with Rossco, you should get someone who knows what their doing, there's a lot of amps go thru a shower unit, remember, it's not voltage that kills, it's amps and you're dealing with some serious power

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #14
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Thank you people I have decided to wait until tomorrow when its daylight to fix it so that I can turn the lekky off.

@ Jonno - its a self heating shower

@ danb - I think you might be right

@ ROSSCO - I phone my dad tomorrow
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ok Brenda, how old is the shower? Ish, I mean is it like less than 10 years old?

I still say it's the trip on the shower box, all you gotta do is switch it on
    Will probably seperate or well marked "Shower" , just look to see if it's on

Got sod all to do with other electrics
    But don't take it to bits yourself unless you know what you're doing, we don't wanna see ya's hurt

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #16
    muchspl2
    who the fuck has an ELECTRIC fucking shower
    double tee eff

7. Lounge   -   #17
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by muchspl2@22 July 2004 - 00:27
    double tee eff
    Is there another sort?
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Only those ones which you plug onto your taps

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #19
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by brenda+21 July 2004 - 19:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brenda @ 21 July 2004 - 19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@22 July 2004 - 00:27
    double tee eff
    Is there another sort? [/b][/quote]
    in my country, its not recommended to have any electronics near our showers/bath tubs unless your trying to kill yourself
    then by all means take the hairdryer or a toaster with your next bath

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I dunno in europe there&#39;s a whole lot of little thing you pull and switch before you can get power like ever watched Mr. Bean where he had to put a coin in the box before the lights went on?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast