Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone keeps on about America

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJude™
    You write shit about America we write shit back, you write shit about the Middle East and people come and kill you.
    Thats it, right there.

@Dan .... I know what your sig is, I was just using it as an example to help me explain my point and what is their belief? that the world is a better place without the US and the UK and anyone who does'nt believe in their god.
    It's all religion and being backed up with bibles and such shit which like I said state no where that they must hunt and kill people for their cause.

@Lynx ...... Thats fine, but they say you are as bad, you walk into certain places in the middle east and say you dissagree with them, what do you think would happen? Stoned to death? Beheaded? Burnt? , America simply "Says" things, it does'nt murder people for having a different belief.

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #32
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I beg to differ over the america simply says things part

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Ok could you give me an example please?

Where the US have gone gung ho over something that has been "Said".
    Also since when have they gone into war because someone dissagree's?
    They went into Iraq for the reason that like it or not, no one can deny that Saddam Hussien was a threat to the world, maybe not at the time they invaded, but what should they have done? Wait for him to flatten a country before acting? Let him build up a military capable of putting up a real fight?.
    Same with many others.

I think a lot of the Iraq thing was frustration from not finding Bin Laden, someone had to pay type of thing, but it was going to happen sooner or later and needed to be done.

Remember one thing, the Us and UK did not start this, we did'nt waltz into their country and start blowing things up cos they don't believe in our god.

If someone just walked upto you in a pub and punched you, would you punch him back? or say Sorry and walk away?

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #34
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    jon.

I appreciate your point, but could it be because of the fact that what the USA does affects more on an international scale than many others that do far worse things.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    @Lynx ...... Thats fine, but they say you are as bad, you walk into certain places in the middle east and say you dissagree with them, what do you think would happen? Stoned to death? Beheaded? Burnt? , America simply "Says" things, it does'nt murder people for having a different belief.
    The big difference is that these other countries aren't holding themselves up as paragons of virtue.

Peace in the Middle East could probably have been achieved a long time ago, or at least been much closer than it is today if US policy about UN resolutions had at least been consistent.

Thousands of people are dying in Iraq because the US and UK decided they were going to uphold certain resolutions (which did not allow for use of force), a little more than just "saying things". Yet when anyone suggests upholding equally strong resolutions against Israel the US immediately blocks it with a veto. Then, with the next breath Bush denounces the UN as a useless talking shop. Seems he wants it all ways. Not surprisingly there are those who see this as unjust, and that some of them are willing to fight for a what they regard as justice. You or I might do the same under similar circumstances.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Yes quite possibly

I'm not saying the US is wonderful, no Nation is free of guilt, I just wonder why no one ever mentions any other countries

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #37
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    I just wonder why no one ever mentions any other countries

Jonno
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie izzard to a NEW York audience
    " do you even know there's other countries ?
    . . . .

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    All I have to say (without reading this thread) is that it's a huge difference in responsibility between individuals and goverments (see the israel - palestinian conflict as an example)

You can't influence these sick individuals, but you can (one hopes) influence goverments.

And when unjustice is done, in this case from america, you have a responsibility as a human beeing to speak up instead of acting like an opressed twat (regardless of you beeing one or not)!
    Last edited by Barky; 11-12-2004 at 04:06 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    @Lynx . Yes I do understand that My point is we are forever thumping the US, I'm English the US has very little bearing on my life, what Bush does and does'nt do does not relly effect me, but when a bomb goes off in a major city in My country of origin it worries me and DOES have an effect on my life.
    The US does'nt kill my fellow English people.
    The US is on our side, the fight against those who are trying to eradicate anyone who does not believe in their god.

In short, The US and UK retaliated not started.
    What would have happend if the UK did'nt retaliate against Hitler?, we went in long before he hurt an Englishman, personally I think the thing with Iraq was the same, except they caught it before it got out of hand.

@Vidcc ... I'm sorry I don't understand your post

Jonno

10. Lounge   -   #40
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I wasn't aware that there had been any bombs by Islamic fanatics in the UK

What Bush does and doesn't do does effect on your life though Jonno

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast