Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13 Reasons To Use Firefox

Poster
    Also use this program to speed it up more.

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=101853

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I joined the Mozilla/Firefox forum to ask about mouse gestures like in Opera. They gave me a little proggie that gives me the same. Last couple days FF has been my main browser!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@27 February 2004 - 23:54
    Also use this program to speed it up more.

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=101853
    Thanks for the program
    here a direct link to it so you dont have to go thru 20 pages to find it

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/softw...imizer/?url=498

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    OK, I've installed and am using it, but how the fuck do I sort hundreds of bookmarks?
    I've moved them out of the patronising 'imported ie favourites' folder but they're all out of order and it'll take me fucking ages to find anything.

Also - how do I move the cursor in this box? It sits over the last letter typed, whic is really pissing me off already - opnly five minutesd into the fucker!
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    shit, lookit that! I can't see what I'm typing! No wonder there's so many fucking speeeeelin mostaikls in thud forin
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    <sigh>

This thing has potentia.l
    But it&#39;s fucking annoying.
    OK, I founds a plugin for sorting the bookmarks, but this poxy text box shit is piossing me off. Royally.
    I have a resolutio set to 1280x1024 and everythings easy to read in IE, but e3verything in this is hard. I mean hard to read.
    Why?
    Perhaps I should make a 13 imdicators Firefox is a long way from, finished thread.

Eugh&#33; I have to click out of a text box before scrolling with the wheel. How long has this been tested? How can everyone rave about it so much
    &#39;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I did not need an extention to sort my bookmarks. The bookmarks manager does that fine without an extention.

Firebird is more less for people who tend to pay attention to what they are doing. Maybe it is not for you

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@28 February 2004 - 22:49
    I did not need an extention to sort my bookmarks. The bookmarks manager does that fine without an extention.

Firebird is more less for people who tend to pay attention to what they are doing. Maybe it is not for you
    Well, I have folders within folders and I can tell you they don&#39;t sort using the bookmark manager in v0.8 on my XPSP1 machine.
    There&#39;s a plugin for it - only works on v0.8 and above. What a daft idea - plugin for sorting bookmarks? Sheesh.
    I got that installed now and my bookmarks sorted automatically, saving me about an hour of pissing around.
    How about using the start menu&#39;s favourites to open in a new window. It doesn&#39;t, not even a new tab, you lose the page you were on. I know you can open a new window then open the bookmark but that&#39;s just daft.

Surely this isn&#39;t only aimed at experienced puter users? Even then, there&#39;s more workarounds than benefits for me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Hehe... my cablemodem page comes upo but when I try and connect to the router firefox just dumbly stays put and says &#39;Done&#39;.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Smurfette@28 February 2004 - 17:40
    Hehe... my cablemodem page comes upo but when I try and connect to the router firefox just dumbly stays put and says &#39;Done&#39;.
    Thats one of the reasons I think myie2 sucks. It cant connect to my web based router admin console and I was forced to use telnet.

I suppose every browser serves it&#39;s own purpose for the user. Firefox just serves more purposes than others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast