Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Be Wrong.

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Lamsey+15 March 2004 - 01:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 15 March 2004 - 01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@15 March 2004 - 00:32
    Life is about learning, I am content to modify or retract ideas (even apologise if clearly in error) in the light of something better. However, I do expect the "something better" to be robust and coherent.

I am rather unmoved by 1) long diatribes 2) short insults 3) any permutation of 1 and 2 - the rest I take as I find.
    Oy&#33; Those were my words, you went and stole them outta my mouth&#33; Gimme them back&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :-"

Oops, sorry&#33; Didn&#39;t think you were using them. You can have them back - they are still ok, you would hardly know they had been used.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Biggles+15 March 2004 - 00:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 15 March 2004 - 00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@15 March 2004 - 01:36
    Oy&#33; Those were my words, you went and stole them outta my mouth&#33; Gimme them back&#33;

Oops, sorry&#33; Didn&#39;t think you were using them. You can have them back - they are still ok, you would hardly know they had been used. [/b][/quote]
    Eeeew... they reek of apple. I think J&#39;Pol&#39;s been at them :x

3. Lounge   -   #23
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Biggles+15 March 2004 - 01:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 15 March 2004 - 01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lamsey@15 March 2004 - 01:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles
    @15 March 2004 - 00:32
    Life is about learning, I am content to modify or retract ideas (even apologise if clearly in error) in the light of something better. However, I do expect the "something better" to be robust and coherent.

I am rather unmoved by 1) long diatribes 2) short insults 3) any permutation of 1 and 2 - the rest I take as I find.

Oy&#33; Those were my words, you went and stole them outta my mouth&#33; Gimme them back&#33;

Oops, sorry&#33; Didn&#39;t think you were using them. You can have them back - they are still ok, you would hardly know they had been used. [/b][/quote]
    It is too late you have used them. This has been like a prequel to plagiarism. Lamsey will have to have a prequel to your prequel to get them back. I think it is getting near my pill time.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Of course it&#39;s okay to wrong.....just look at lamsey, he&#39;s doing fine

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by bigboab+15 March 2004 - 00:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 15 March 2004 - 00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Biggles@15 March 2004 - 01:38
    Originally posted by Lamsey@15 March 2004 - 01:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles
    @15 March 2004 - 00:32

Oops, sorry&#33; Didn&#39;t think you were using them. You can have them back - they are still ok, you would hardly know they had been used.
    It is too late you have used them. This has been like a prequel to plagiarism. Lamsey will have to have a prequel to your prequel to get them back. I think it is getting near my pill time. [/b][/quote]
    You have given me a great idea bigboab my friend.

See the third post in this thread

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+15 March 2004 - 02:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 15 March 2004 - 02:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@15 March 2004 - 00:00
    I have noticed a tendancy that when someone is successfully refuted or shown to be wrong, they just disappear.
    If that were true 4th gen would have left about 3 accounts ago

Anyway, on topic now... In my own words:

B) [/b][/quote]
    Long diatribes - has the board suddenly become tautological to it&#39;s core.

Is hobbesianism contagious at all.

I congratulate Liam on being the worlds first retrospective plagiarist. Who said time travel was improbable ?

Having said that, he does attend a Poly and buys Peach "Cider" from a Swedish furniture emporium. This must surely cancel out any positive aspect he has demonstrated.

This, allied to the fact that he feels Lorne sausage, fried in vegetable oil represents a vegetarian meal, must surely cast doubt on his sincerity.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by bigboab+15 March 2004 - 01:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 15 March 2004 - 01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@15 March 2004 - 01:25
    I&#39;m right now prove me wrong........
    If you are right, then I can&#39;t prove you wrong. B) Ergo you are wrong in asking me to prove you wrong. [/b][/quote]
    Can you prove it?

I&#39;m right, therefore, you are wrong in claiming that i am wrong for asking you to prove me wrong. It would be right for you to try and prove me wrong and you have every right, however, as i am right, you are wrong in saying i am wrong about being right or wrong. Capish.
    Wiz.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    You work from the premise that "everything is right until proven wrong".

The premise is flawed. Everything is unproven, until proven correct would be more accurate.

As such it is not for others to prove you wrong, it is for you to prove yourself right.

Your argument is specious and smacks of sophistry. (Hi hobbes )

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 March 2004 - 02:10
    You work from the premise that "everything is right until proven wrong".

The premise is flawed. Everything is unproven, until proven correct would be more accurate.

As such it is not for others to prove you wrong, it is for you to prove yourself right.

Your argument is specious and smacks of sophistry. (Hi hobbes )
    Nope, your wrong, i&#39;m right end of story.
    Wiz.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast