Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Thank You' Hack is Back

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The Thank You hack has been re-enabled, but not as it was before.

For those that don't know what the 'Thank You hack' is, it's a peice of code installed in the NZB section that makes it so leechers must post in a thread (with a thank you) before they can download the NZB within it.

There are some new rules for the hack now:
    • In threads less than 48 hours old, Thank You's are required from everyone before being able to grab an NZB
    • A leecher (see next point) must post a Thank You in any thread before they are able to grab the NZB
    • Those labelled as leechers are those with an NZB Grab:Post ratio greater than 20:1. (for every 20 grabs you make, 1 NZB should be posted).

Also, the bug that stopped members with zero posts from grabbing NZB files is now fixed. (They'll be taken to the posting page).
    Last edited by tesco; 01-30-2006 at 04:12 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Sounds nice. Maybe we get more NZB posts

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    what sort of nzb's are we looking for?

do you just want people to post say every movie or tv show that appears in alt.bin.divx or alt.bin.tv ?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play

do you just want people to post say every movie or tv show that appears in alt.bin.divx or alt.bin.tv ?
    Nono, preferably you should download the file first to make sure it's real, and works.
    I guess stuff from big groups like reloaded doesn't need to be tested, it should work.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    The Thank You hack has been re-enabled, but not as it was before.

For those that don't know what the 'Thank You hack' is, it's a peice of code installed in the NZB section that makes it so leechers must post in a thread (with a thank you) before they can download the NZB within it.

There are some new rules for the hack now:
    • In threads less than 48 hours old, Thank You's are required from everyone before being able to grab an NZB
    • A leecher (see next point) must post a Thank You in any thread before they are able to grab the NZB
    • Those labelled as leechers are those with an NZB Grab:Post ratio greater than 20:1. (for every 20 grabs you make, 1 NZB should be posted).
    Very nice...

Last edited by RealitY; 01-31-2006 at 08:03 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play

Nono, preferably you should download the file first to make sure it's real, and works.
    I guess stuff from big groups like reloaded doesn't need to be tested, it should work.
    And when it comes to pc games for example there are MANY games that never gets it here so it would be nice to have this place somewhat more "reliable" when it comes to getting new stuff etc. if you know what I mean.
    I think this forum is very good and easy to use, so it just needs a bit more content really. We have good admins and users so I think this place will be better and better over time.

When it comes to the tv series, maybe it is possible to upload several NZB's in on post or something so that we can have one for Stargate and one for Joey etc?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by multiforce
    And when it comes to pc games for example there are MANY games that never gets it here so it would be nice to have this place somewhat more "reliable" when it comes to getting new stuff etc. if you know what I mean.
    I think this forum is very good and easy to use, so it just needs a bit more content really. We have good admins and users so I think this place will be better and better over time.
    We currently have a small team of FST NZB Posters and would like to have more for those that are interested though established members preferably. Of course anyone is more than welcome to post something that hasnt been already as the more input the more growth for the section.

When it comes to the tv series, maybe it is possible to upload several NZB's in on post or something so that we can have one for Stargate and one for Joey etc?
    Currently when an ep is posted it is then merged to the main post by those that are on the team as they have the abilty to merge posts and delete duplicates as well. For now that seems to work and if you notice that something like this dosent get done you can pm any of the FST NZB Posters or Moderators to let them know...
    Last edited by RealitY; 01-31-2006 at 08:54 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Thanks Rossco, cool idea on the Thanks hack. Actually, I never even knew it was disabled.

Currently when an ep is posted it is then merged to the main post by those that are on the team as they have the abilty to merge posts and delete duplicates as well. For now that seems to work and if you notice that something like this dosent get done you can pm any of the FST NZB Posters or Moderators to let them know...
    Yeah I've noticed a few episodes posted lately that could be added to a running TV Episode thread, but some of the threads that have these older episodes in them are really old. I wouldn't want to add a new TV EP to a thread that has like 8 expired NZB's. Maybe in threads like this, I should remove NZB's that are too old, just to cut down on the 1 post noobs that are like "I downloaded this NZB and it download a whole bunch of text files". Would certainly save a lot threads that chalk up to retention problems.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 01-31-2006 at 09:27 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Yeah I've noticed a few episodes posted lately that could be added to a running TV Episode thread, but some of the threads that have these older episodes in them are really old. I wouldn't want to add a new TV EP to a thread that has like 8 expired NZB's. Maybe in threads like this, I should remove NZB's that are too old, just to cut down on the 1 post noobs that are like "I downloaded this NZB and it download a whole bunch of text files". Would certainly save a lot threads that chalk up to retention problems.
    Files older than 50 days are now removed (this started a few weeks ago) from the server, when someone goes to download one of these removed files they get an error saying the file's been removed already.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    how about adding it so you cant bump a thread once its over a certain age. Its caught me out a few times already.

The dave chappel dvd thats months old that just got bumped for instance.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast