Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Thank You' Hack is Back

muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    it works
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    Poster
    the bottom line is how does a noob like me improve his ratio as i like to contribute but am not sure how re NZBs is there a forum thread specific to the subject

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    there is at least one stickied thread detailing how to make nzbs most newsreaders now seem to have the capability it just depends which software you're using to download try highlighting posts and right-clicking to see what context menu options there are or check out the program's menus just one more thing why not try adding punctuation to your posts it makes them so much easier to read
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    Sites like Binsearch can create NZB files or apps which can read about at...
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=91764

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Cool

Mind you this maybe an outdated thread but I must comment on the thank you hack.

It blows and should have never been implemente. I should't have to post and thank you to get an nzb.

And I've been trying to keep up with any and every scene release.

P.S. - I've been peeved about the nzb file size limit. It makes it hard to upload HD-DVD's and even some regular DVD's. Could this be taken off at least for FST NZB POSTERS.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by satansraiser View Post
    Mind you this maybe an outdated thread but I must comment on the thank you hack.

It blows and should have never been implemente. I should't have to post and thank you to get an nzb.

P.S. - I've been peeved about the nzb file size limit. It makes it hard to upload HD-DVD's and even some regular DVD's. Could this be taken off at least for FST NZB POSTERS.
    The idea is good, but the method needs work.

I hate having to scroll down, post "thanks", wait for page to load, click 1 to go back to first page, wait again, then download.

How about a system like Supertorrents uses, where a button is pushed and a thanks is added?

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

The idea is good, but the method needs work.

I hate having to scroll down, post "thanks", wait for page to load, click 1 to go back to first page, wait again, then download.

How about a system like Supertorrents uses, where a button is pushed and a thanks is added?

I PM'ed an admin a few weeks ago and asked for the same thing but it was too much work.
    It also kills the ability to discuss or ask questions about a release when you have to have all those "thank you" posts.

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    Hopefully everyone caught the joke I was making about the Thank You Hack. I was speaking sarcasticly on the subject. The thank you hack makes no difference to a user like myself but MultiForce does bring up a good point.
    It does kill the ability to discuss or ask questions about a release when you have to have all those "thank you" posts.
    I like to check on my posts to make sure none of the users are having problems with it but the thank you hack does make it difficult and time consuming.

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Hopefully everyone caught the joke I was making about the Thank You Hack. I was speaking sarcasticly on the subject. The thank you hack makes no difference to a user like myself but MultiForce does bring up a good point.
    It does kill the ability to discuss or ask questions about a release when you have to have all those "thank you" posts.
    I like to check on my posts to make sure none of the users are having problems with it but the thank you hack does make it difficult and time consuming.
    I don't mean to dismiss being able to add commentary, I think it's vital that downloaders are able to do so. But look at the current system - Does anyone read the commentary like they do at a tracker? Of course not. I always read a bit of the commentary of a torrent to see if there are any problems with it, etc.

My suggestion was not to remove the comments in lieu of a different "thanks" hack, but to add it.

For example:

yo

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    My suggestion was not to remove the comments in lieu of a different "thanks" hack, but to add it.
    That sounds perfect to me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast