Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Windows XP Genuine Advange MUST READ!

Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator View Post
    I FOUND it!!!!!!!

LOL otay otay let me link up: Just go to torrentz.com or typhoontorrent.com(Whatever the exact link is ><)

And serach for 'Windows Genuine' and yeah dl whatever since they all same pretty much, and unzip/rar/etc... and put the file in BOTH c:/Windows/System32(OverWrite) AND this is important AND in the following location: c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\6c4788c9549d437e76e1773a7639582a\

I didn't put it there and the nagging continued but was otay on main screen.

I hope that helps a little.
    Last edited by stickysicky; 04-11-2007 at 11:34 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    iKnow BT Rep: +1
    Why not get student release, they've got some real good xp torrents on demonoid..been using one for a couple of months now, no problems whatsoever.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Ezura's Avatar Member
    What to do?! What to do?!
    I already installed its updates and my wallpaper keep disappearing into black background after sometimes (like after 20-30 min after changing wallpaper). I installed the updates before i know bout this problem and before i found this site!
    Then I tried to check the folder c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\6c4788c9549d437e76e1773a7639582a\ ....... I can't find it! I can't find the folder "6c4788c9549d437e76e1773a7639582a".
    PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!
    I NEED IT SO DESPERATELY!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You could make that folder yourself.

Not quite clear on why you'd want it there, though.

It's my understanding that everything in the softwaredistribution\downloads folder is used in conjunction with automatic updates, not sure why GA'd need it.

I tend to wipe the folder on a regular basis, along with update uninstallers in system32. Just don't mess with $hfmig$, like.

Not quite sure why it'd be needed there at all. And that folder name looks like a checksum, or similar. Might be they are coded after the version, in which case it might be called something else for you.

Try searching for the file to see if it's present in any subfolder, if it's indeed necessary for what you need it for.

EDit: Probably won't solve anything at all, though, as you'd noticed if you'd read the whole thread.

Also, I dunno how messing with GA will solve your wallpaper issues.
    Last edited by Snee; 11-05-2008 at 11:30 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Ezura's Avatar Member
    I'm not quite sure nor understand! I asked about that folder cause it seems like every one talked about it. so I thought it suppose to be there.

anything else you can help? (this problem already gives a lot of headache! need to solve this before my dad finds out! XP)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    Well, if you've got a very recent system restore point, that might be an option. Generally speaking I don't recommend using system restore if it can be avoided.

As for your specific problem, I've never had it, so I can't really go into detail into how to solve it.

If I were you I'd try to figure out exactly what went in when you last updated. I s'pose it might be some other update screwing you over.

As for me, I don't really know what's going on with your system anyhow. I mean, is it a pirated version of XP, or a legit one? And so forth. Bit lacking in detail, innit? I'd try and define the problem better, tbh. maybe start a thread of your own if you can't find something more specific in another thread on here.

I'll run a couple of searches on a couple of sites if I have the time later, to see whether there's a solution out there.
    Last edited by Snee; 11-05-2008 at 12:27 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    Ezura's Avatar Member
    Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! at the end i just did the system restore! but some application i recently installed got 'deleted' together with the setUp.

It's ok now! Hehe. Thanks for the big help! >_<
    ^_^~
    Last edited by Ezura; 11-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    Glad you could work it out.

The stuff that got lost got wiped from the registry, I think. That should, hopefully, be easy enough to reinstall.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    Ezura's Avatar Member
    If i hadn't found this site, I could have been so guilty! Cos I do not know much in computing (since I quit my computer studies 4 years ago!).

Now, what I have to to is to reinstall them. LOL!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456