Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Avast 5.00 like these days ?

I was using avast 4.8 now upgraded to 5, like it works fine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    +1 to avira

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Thanks Guys

So half of you like it and half don't !
    What color is your Adkaf ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    suz5cam's Avatar Member
    I ended up paying for Cyberdefender about a year and half ago and although I got one or two pop-ups saying it blocked some malware.

I can't tell you how much memory it uses though, but I think my system is running fast enough for that it can't be too much.
    I compute, therefore I think. Right?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Until very recently I had been using Avast because it's free so I can put it on peoples and friends PCs that I fix
    and that way they wont have to worry at all about the application expiring and not getting the updates.
    And in the year or so that I used Avast I never felt that it bloated the performance of my computer in any way,
    but then I have enough RAM and CPU, not the newest but enough I think.
    SO I agree with the guys, ESET Nod32 is the best option since you have an older laptop,
    It's fingerprint in your system is seamless and still it is a killer Antivirus, arguably the best there is.
    My brother also uses it on his older XP laptop for that same reasons, and I'm back to using it too.

The only drawback I've found is that no patch (for the downloadable version out there) seems to be quite definitive,
    one has to re-set the user-pass every now and then, but if the comp is yours, that shouldn't be more than
    a minor annoyance in exchange of great security.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12