PDA

View Full Version : A Man Apart

AmenDraco14
04-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Okay, what the hell do I need to do to get this daarn thing started. 8 Mile worked with no problems. I downloaded Kazaa Lite's Codec and still won't work. Any resolutions? :o

Darth Sushi
04-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by AmenDraco14@12 April 2003 - 17:55
Okay, what the hell do I need to do to get this daarn thing started. 8 Mile worked with no problems. I downloaded Kazaa Lite's Codec and still won't work. Any resolutions? :o
Use G-spot to check what codecs the movie is encoded with. Use a different player other than WMP. But if K-Lite Codec pack failed, I see no hope. It could also be a fake movie.

AmenDraco14
04-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Okay can you help me out here. With G-Spot I opened up the movie and the Codec
4CC: MP43
Name: S-Mpeg 4 version 3

Now what do I do?

Darth Sushi
04-12-2003, 05:46 PM
The movie is in mpeg, which is a codec that comes with windows. Is this a VCD/S-VCD or a file? What's the file size?

Wizzandabe
04-12-2003, 06:33 PM
uninstall all other codecs an then try.

LetMeGetThatOutChu105
04-21-2003, 06:59 PM
I can understand your frusteration at this!!!

I have DL'd 7 different versions, types and different sizes of the following movie "A.Man.Apart".

everyone of them have been blank (no sound, no visuals) when I played them on Windows media player.

None would play in Divx Player, or REal Player or my DvD player software.

I tried to mess with the .ext name because in the past I have known people to miss name there files for other stuff, (ex. like a year ago I found a file for PeterPan movie.avi , which was actually a LEGO RACER.zip file). So I tried to rename them and when ever I renamed the A.man.apart.avi file to a .rar or .tar file (using PowerDesk) It would open up into a .txt file.

than it spit up a bunch of jibberish.

I dont know if that helps any, but that was my experience with trying to get this movie off of K-Lite.

My advice if you really want a movie, go to mIRC, IRC, Excursion and get on one of the channels that get down with that sort of stuff. I hope this is enough Info to either help you with your question or atleast lead you in the right direction as to where you ll be able to find some things out for yourself.

Holla!!!

:lol:

Duo
04-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Try VideoLAN at http://www.videolan.org

It's said to play movies even without the proper codecs.