PDA

View Full Version : post bumping in news section

BawA
08-10-2005, 12:38 PM
hey admin's can u disable bumping posts in news section, some new posts dont get replys and they go down with one reply to older posts. many time i visit that section and i see old posts r on top and think there arent any new's. also when ur on forum main page ull see older news on forum heading.

Peerzy
08-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Whats the point? It means people can't discuss the news because you don't want to have to scroll down and look to see what other threads there are. Maybe we should disable posting in all the forums so Bawa can find the newest topics the fastest and the newest questions.

tesco
08-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Just look on the home page and you will see the news in order

BawA
08-10-2005, 06:00 PM
hardly i visit start page, i just drop directly into forums.
it just that some times when i visit the news section i see some NEW posts but placed at bottom cuz they didnt get any replies.

peat moss
08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Sometimes its just old news ,or people read it but have nothing to add. I'v posted what I thought was earth shattering news expecting a few comments or feed back but nope . :lol: Hey consider it a service our fine board provides ,I wont stop posting or reading but think I get your point bawa . :)

tesco
08-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Well, there isn't an option to just stop bumping in a single forum, and don't really think it's worth spending to the time to make a mod/hack for, so if you want to view the news in order of post date just go to the portal. :blink:

peat moss
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, there isn't an option to just stop bumping in a single forum, and don't really think it's worth spending to the time to make a mod/hack for, so if you want to view the news in order of post date just go to the portal. :blink:

Ross you work too hard I was being facetious, nothing wrong with the headers the way they are . I like the way its set up I changed my bookmark to news . I just wish more people would take the time to post not just the mods all the time, or a few members . It is important is n't it what most google hits link to ?

BawA
08-10-2005, 06:44 PM

if there isnt any option then its fine after all it was just an opinion.
thanks anyway

closed?

RealitY
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
don't really think it's worth spending to the time to make a mod/hack for, so if you want to view the news in order of post date just go to the portal. :blink:
I thnik I have to agree on that...