PDA

View Full Version : Get A Full Computer Diagnostic

TheGamingSummers76
04-12-2003, 05:32 PM
PC PitStop (http://www.pcpitstop.com)

I just did it and got my internet config and tips on how to optimize it, got my processor clock speed and general speed and got video stats for my comp. It also gives you a comparisons to other computers tested nationwide (kinda like SAT scores, like 79 percentile or whatever) It's totally safe too. Enjoy!

P.S. pardon for bad spelling or bad grammar, I'm in a rush.

:D

Luca_Snipes
04-12-2003, 06:43 PM
it's OK except you have to install plugins to use with Netscape or Opera :angry:

firefox
04-12-2003, 07:16 PM
seems cool, but I do not normally like installing things on my computer that come from the internet like plug ins without fully testing them for bugs and viruses. This is a good way to get a virus from some web site. But it does look like a good web site.

kAb
04-12-2003, 07:30 PM
yeah. it is a nice site. it notified me of the realplayer spyware that my spyware program didn't catch.

edit: thanks for reminding me about this site, its helping solve my slow computer problem :D

Nightwolf
04-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Yes, PC PitStop is a great site. It advised me to change one line in my system.ini file, and now my system runs slightly faster. And you don't need to worry about viruses - I think if they were giving them out to everyone who visits their website, the government would have shut them down by now. :rolleyes:

Bowen747x
04-13-2003, 12:33 AM
i went 2 PC Pit Stop but it didnt help me out any, i did all the tests and all it said was 2 defrag &clean out my cookies
and by the way i have winxp so i analyzed my harddrive and it told me i didnt have 2 defrag, i do it every week or so
so i dont really trust this site

Schuler
04-13-2003, 02:12 PM
I the defragger that comes with Windows XP is a waste. Try downloading diskeeper 7 by executive software it will really defrag your computer.