PDA

View Full Version : No One Ever Uploads From Me

Ricey
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey guys,

Here's the deal. I use Ares, have browze library enabled and have my uploads maximum as high as it'll go (35). I'm also sharing 566 files. The thing is, there's almost ALWAYS NO ONE downloading from me. Is there a particular reason for this? I'm using Peerguardian and was wondering if that has anything to do with it? I've had Ares on for three hours and only four files have been taken from me. :(

Any way to boost my uploads?

Thanks,
Ricey

Santa
08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
maybe you don't have interesting files for people to upload
if you have the latest etc etc people will dig in

Ricey
08-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I thought about that - but I DO have popular files. :-S

It doesn't make sense at all. Is it pruely the fact that no ones looking for the files I have? Or COULD it be something else?

RealitY
08-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Do you have a router by any chance...

wit_
08-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe people can't get in to your shares because of NAT or firewall?
Have you routed your ports on your router/firewall/nat/etc?

triso
08-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Perhaps it its because your upload speed is too low. If you have a 56K modem, you are limited to about 3 KB/s and with DSL or cable, you can do about 20 KB/s.

Ares seems to favor faster connections.

FischBaum
08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
same here. no uploads, slow connection or router.

Ricey
08-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I have 1mb atm ... and a router. But I don't see why my router would interfere with ares? I don't think my router blocks anything

orcutt989
08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
You arent really sharing that many files. I have over 1000 files shared in Soulseek, which isnt considered that much compared to the folks with 15000 files or more, and I rarely get downloaded from. I would figure its the same with Ares.

DanB
08-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I have 161.7Gb shared on DC++

Always have a huge upload queue for some reason :huh:

terance
10-11-2005, 12:30 PM
...more band-width for you...

Healing-Force
03-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey guys,

Here's the deal. I use Ares, have browze library enabled and have my uploads maximum as high as it'll go (35). I'm also sharing 566 files. The thing is, there's almost ALWAYS NO ONE downloading from me. Is there a particular reason for this? I'm using Peerguardian and was wondering if that has anything to do with it? I've had Ares on for three hours and only four files have been taken from me. :(

Thanks,
Ricey
i have same problem 1500ks/256 adsl 700 shared very slow upload speeds lots of cancels solution! Use winmx to share your files( only) ares much faster for downloading Bandwidth upload setting unticked i get 30 or 40 uploads when left on all night and upload speed up to 35 kbs my max upload speed
let me know by email if this helps you as it did me.

David Garden
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
hi there what u got if you've got eagles elvis country pop etc I will download from you please email me [email protected]

Barbarossa
03-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Ricey

If you share teh pr0n, they will come :naughty:

Skiz
03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I have the same problem on uTorrent. For example: I just switched to uTorrent and I've only downloaded 4 things:

The latsest LOST episode
2 most recent Family Guy episode
Season 5 of the Sapranos

I've been seeding these for at least 18 hrs/day for four days now, and I'm just now up to 1:1 ratio, yet it only took me less than an hour to download the Lost and 2 Family Guys. I don't know why it's like that, but it sucks.

thewizeard
04-01-2006, 04:35 PM
[quote=Ricey]Hey guys,

If you share teh pr0n, they will come :naughty:

...in more ways than one :)

twisterX
04-02-2006, 03:05 AM
I have the same problem on uTorrent. For example: I just switched to uTorrent and I've only downloaded 4 things:

The latsest LOST episode
2 most recent Family Guy episode
Season 5 of the Sapranos

I've been seeding these for at least 18 hrs/day for four days now, and I'm just now up to 1:1 ratio, yet it only took me less than an hour to download the Lost and 2 Family Guys. I don't know why it's like that, but it sucks.

Are you downloading from like a private tracker? Its becuase everyone is sharing on those trackers and there is barely anyone downloading.

Try it on a public tracker.