PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a PDA, pocket pc including russian to french translation software

leonidas
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm going to ukraine next month to improve my russian ( unlike most americans who go there for other reasons).

Do you know any model? shall I buy a second hand one?

thanks in advance for your advice.

edit: could be translation software, but it's even better if it's a dictionary
I've seen a model with sensitive screen, (you can actualy, tip the screen with a pen), but I don't know which model it was.

silent h3ro
08-11-2005, 09:52 PM
U can tap the screen with almost all PDA's, am I wrong??

lynx
08-12-2005, 12:40 AM
There are several French-Russian Dictionaries for Palm OS.

Google (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&hs=KLh&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=palm+french+russian+translation&spell=1)

I'll see if I can get my brother to try some of them on his Palm ????? to check if any of them are any good.

I think Gam3guy is right about the touch sensitive screen, but you normally use a stylus rather than a pen.

prince-cecil
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I am in love with the Siemens SX66 (see it here (http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,us_en_0_76051_rArNrNrNrN,00.html)). It's probably really not what you're looking for though, and it has quite the price tag on it and its also a phone --- but incase it is what you're interested in, its really nice, and I would definately recommend it.

3RA1N1AC
08-18-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm going to ukraine next month to improve my russian ( unlike most americans who go there for other reasons).
why do most americans go to ukraine? to improve their ukrainian? (since the ukrainian language is different from russian) :blink:

leonidas
08-18-2005, 07:01 AM
ukrainian is kind of a mix betwen polish and russian, only people in the carpates, in the north-western part, and iouchenko are speaking it, it's not that interesting to learn. No lots of americans go there to get a wife, not only americans, french, english spanish, ect... women are great there, lost of them are educated, have a good behavior, off course are beautifull, they don't bullshit, are not wasted like most women in our countries, I personally think it might happend that I marry a women from Russia or Ukraine, you migh fAll in love easilly in those countries.