PDA

View Full Version : The Clash

maebach
08-12-2005, 02:29 AM
My uncle and dad listened to them. They made me and I loved them. I think they were the best band out of U.K. ever. What do you think?

Barbarossa
08-12-2005, 08:41 AM
I like London Calling.. That's about it.

Celerystalksme
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
They are in my top 5 bands of all time...most probally sitting at no2. Their first 3 albums are pure greatness. Instead of having to listen to 5 different bands to listen to different kinds of music, The Clash did all that on one CD. I brought their 25th anniversary edition of London Calling and it stayed in my player for 6 months.

4play
08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
the clash are easily in my top 5 of best bands of all time. london calling is such a great album it sat in my car stereo for about 2 years.

aoyv73
08-12-2005, 09:38 PM
They were ok I prefer the who stranlers pistols and the late Ian Dury

missie
08-13-2005, 12:06 AM
I will never get bored of The Clash. :wub:

Although, "Should I stay, or should I go" pishes me off now.

Celerystalksme
08-13-2005, 12:49 AM

yes after they sold their souls and allowed it to be put in ads and shitty movies *sighs*

brotherdoobie
08-14-2005, 05:28 AM

yes after they sold their souls and allowed it to be put in ads and shitty movies *sighs*

Kids, not selling out...is so yesterday. ;)

Peace bd

Celerystalksme
08-14-2005, 06:31 AM

Peace bd

They didn't sell out, they sold their souls.

brotherdoobie
08-14-2005, 06:51 AM

Peace bd

They didn't sell out, they sold their souls.

I work 60-70 hours a week in 90 plus degree weather...If a company
wanted to buy one of my bands songs...I would sell my soul in a
heart beat. :)

However,I see your point...The Clash should have a little money in the
bank, and shouldn't have to resort to selling out.

Maybe,they have fallen on hard times...:(

Peace bd

3RA1N1AC
08-14-2005, 02:21 PM
london calling is solid, and the rest of the clash's albums have some moments. sandinista's a pretty interesting album, the period where they started experimenting with disco & dub sounds on stuff like "radio clash" and "magnificent seven." not always successful, but interesting enough. there's too much joe strummer worship nowadays, mick jones doesn't get nearly enough credit.

i can think of other 70z brit punk bands i prefer though. buzzcocks, slits, subway sect, gang of four...

They were ok I prefer the who stranlers pistols and the late Ian Dury

the sex pistols, EHHH. they were socially important but musically overrated. a case of being in the right place at the right time, more than anything. and brilliant management on malcolm mclaren's part. :P

ModestoMouse
08-24-2005, 05:05 PM
the sex pistols, EHHH. they were socially important but musically overrated. a case of being in the right place at the right time, more than anything. and brilliant management on malcolm mclaren's part. :P

right on bra, you know you're music! :01: