PDA

View Full Version : New Hard Rock Cafe in NYC

Jon L. Obscene
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
The new Hard Rock Cafe New York will officially open at its new location at 1501 Broadway upon the smashing of more than 100 Gibson guitars, branding the moment as the World's Largest Guitar Smash. The historic guitar smash and opening of the Times Square cafe will kick off a month-long celebration, which will include rockin' concerts and special events, as well as a grand opening party, featuring a live performance by VELVET REVOLVER. The grand opening celebration will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the U.S. by teaching children to become peacemakers in their schools and communities.

ffs, is that really needed? smashing up 10 grands+ worth of guitars when they could have given them away to underprivilaged budding musicians?
So many youngsters out there who have so much talent yet can only afford a cheap shitty guitar. And you got these muppets smashing up les pauls and sg's on concrete blocks.

Yeah a band smashing their gear up is one thing, but 100 guitars (gibsons no less) to open a cafe.?

The grand opening celebration will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the U.S. by teaching children to become peacemakers in their schools and communities.

See, they could have given the guitars to these schools and communities.
Makes you wanna cry :cry:

Jonno :cool:

DanB
08-13-2005, 10:44 AM
:wringhands:

Jon L. Obscene
08-13-2005, 10:54 AM
:huh:

What's that mean?

Guillaume
08-13-2005, 10:57 AM
:huh:
That makes as much sense as slaughtering a thousand cows to celebrate the opening of the local PETA.

Jon L. Obscene
08-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Exactly.

Cept slightly less messy :lol:

Busyman
08-13-2005, 02:22 PM
ffs, is that really needed? smashing up 10 grands+ worth of guitars when they could have given them away to underprivilaged budding musicians?
So many youngsters out there who have so much talent yet can only afford a cheap shitty guitar. And you got these muppets smashing up les pauls and sg's on concrete blocks.

Yeah a band smashing their gear up is one thing, but 100 guitars (gibsons no less) to open a cafe.?

The grand opening celebration will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the U.S. by teaching children to become peacemakers in their schools and communities.

See, they could have given the guitars to these schools and communities.
Makes you wanna cry :cry:

I never thought I'd say this about another but...

you are soooooo fucking liberal that it induces vomiting. :sick:

Cars shouldn't be smashed up in movies for it could provide a mother of 3 with transportation to and from work.

:sick:

Virtualbody1234
08-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Teaching peace by violently smashing guitars???

What is our world becoming?

brotherdoobie
08-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Guitars like being smashed. It puts them out of their misery...the misery induced by
hacks noodling away,thinking they have just written the definitive guitar solo.

Peace bd

Jon L. Obscene
08-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Cars shouldn't be smashed up in movies for it could provide a mother of 3 with transportation to and from work.

I knew someone would say that.
My response is to say that tv/movies generally only use the shells of cars they smash, or recon'd ones.
These guitars were Gibsons, cheapest one being £500 , most of which are upwards of £1000, quality instruments, one of the best.........why could'nt they use old fucked ones or cheap shit ones?

And besides........you're not a guitarist, I am/was and seeing that makes me cry (not litterally but you know what I mean) cos I hate seeing stuff like that broken up whether outside a cafe or on stage, Jimi Hendrix hated burning guitars ,he loved them, that was a stunt his manager forced him to do.
Get my point?

It's a bit like a new pc shop smashing a shitload of xt800's and Athlon 64's on opening day. Think of it like that.

@BD .....thats a really stupid statement :rolleyes:

brotherdoobie
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM

I knew someone would say that.
My response is to say that tv/movies generally only use the shells of cars they smash, or recon'd ones.
These guitars were Gibsons, cheapest one being £500 , most of which are upwards of £1000, quality instruments, one of the best.........why could'nt they use old fucked ones or cheap shit ones?

And besides........you're not a guitarist, I am/was and seeing that makes me cry (not litterally but you know what I mean) cos I hate seeing stuff like that broken up whether outside a cafe or on stage, Jimi Hendrix hated burning guitars ,he loved them, that was a stunt his manager forced him to do.
Get my point?

It's a bit like a new pc shop smashing a shitload of xt800's and Athlon 64's on opening day. Think of it like that.

@BD .....thats a really stupid statement :rolleyes:

@Jonno...I am also a musician. (drummer) Maybe it's the nature
of banging on something,that allows you to see the joy in the
destruction of our instruments...especially when played by
an noodling guitar player.

Peace bd

Jon L. Obscene
08-13-2005, 08:48 PM
No, if you're a drummer you just like seeing guitars get broked :P

lol, what is it? Drummers are failed guitarists and guitarists are failed drummers :huh:
Thats true, I can't play drums for shit :lol: having said that I ain't too sharpe on guitar either...........maybe I'm a plummer :01:

Guillaume
08-13-2005, 10:59 PM

lol, what is it? Drummers are failed guitarists
Nope, that's just because guitarists get all the chicks. :dry:

brotherdoobie
08-14-2005, 12:51 AM

lol, what is it? Drummers are failed guitarists
Nope, that's just because guitarists get all the chicks. :dry:

Not in my band....;)

Peace bd

Jon L. Obscene
08-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Mine either :( ........but then again I not got a band so does that mean I failed at all 3?? :cry:

Dammit :frusty: Maybe I'll take up sewing :huh:

Barbarossa
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Drummers are just guys that like hanging round with musicians ... ;)

EDIT: I hate needless destruction, I'd have had one of those guitars if no-one wanted them... Hard Rock cafes are shit anyways... :(

Jon L. Obscene
08-15-2005, 10:40 AM
EDIT: I hate needless destruction, I'd have had one of those guitars if no-one wanted them...

That, being my point.

DarthInsinuate
08-15-2005, 10:49 AM
i can't even afford a low-end gibson :dry:

when i become famous and big (6ft-ish) i'm gonna smash expensive guitars infront of the peasants

brotherdoobie
08-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Drummers are just guys that like hanging round with musicians ... ;)

They won't let me hang around...:cry:
I agree Hard Rock cafes are shit.

Peace bd

EDIT: I hate needless destruction, I'd have had one of those guitars if no-one wanted them... Hard Rock cafes are shit anyways... :(