PDA

View Full Version : Working On A New Drug....kinda

dwightfry
04-12-2003, 11:04 PM
I am working on making 'pot' pills. Basically THC pills, and I was wondering if anyone could come up with better ways to do this. Here are our ideas.

1. Boil an ounce in a pan with just enough water to cover them. (to extract the THC)

2. Then put that into a pan and bake it to evaporite the water.
or
2. Then put that into a food dehydrator to evaporite the water

3. Then put the remains in to the empty gel caps.

Another idea was
1. Put pot in empty gel cap
2. Put some sort of digestive enzyme in a second pill
3. Take the pills together. (this will digest the pot faster, so you will feel it more, and faster)

We (some friends) had arguments about what it takes to get high off pot. They said you need to bake it to extract the THC. I said that you don't need to bake it because you digest everything, you don't need to extract the THC. They said that maybe your stomach can't digest the regular pot leaves, and that is why you need to extract it.

ANY IDEAS?

(Just in case anyone is wondering why we want to make it. It would be nice for long car rides with your parents, It would be nice if you are going to school, you can just pop a pill at a bathroom break. It would be nice if you are at a place where you don't want to be and you can't leave.)

racer II
04-12-2003, 11:08 PM
It allready excists in pill form, it can help to get rid of pains (medical treatment)

clocker
04-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 00:04

(Just in case anyone is wondering why we want to make it. It would be nice for long car rides with your parents, It would be nice if you are going to school, you can just pop a pill at a bathroom break. It would be nice if you are at a place where you don't want to be and you can't leave.)
Both of your "scientific" methods are likely to result in the waste of a perfectly good bag of weed. We are going through a recession so this is definately NOT a "good thing".

If these are your reasons for wanting to make such a pill, may I suggest...

1. Try offering Mom and Dad a hit off your joint. Do you think they enjoy long car trips with YOU?

2. Drop out of school. Why waste your youth being places you don't want to be?

hobbes
04-13-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 00:04
I am working on making 'pot' pills. Basically THC pills, and I was wondering if anyone could come up with better ways to do this. Here are our ideas.

1. Boil an ounce in a pan with just enough water to cover them. (to extract the THC)

2. Then put that into a pan and bake it to evaporite the water.
or
2. Then put that into a food dehydrator to evaporite the water

3. Then put the remains in to the empty gel caps.

Another idea was
1. Put pot in empty gel cap
2. Put some sort of digestive enzyme in a second pill
3. Take the pills together. (this will digest the pot faster, so you will feel it more, and faster)

We (some friends) had arguments about what it takes to get high off pot. They said you need to bake it to extract the THC. I said that you don't need to bake it because you digest everything, you don't need to extract the THC. They said that maybe your stomach can't digest the regular pot leaves, and that is why you need to extract it.

ANY IDEAS?

I'm not a chemist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or I play one on TV (for my old school homies)

Look at what you are doing, it is not going to work.

When you extract, you want to target molecule(THC) to dissolve into the solvent (the water). All you are doing is boiling, then drying the leaf. So at best you are denaturing the active molecule with the heat and then dehydrating(removing water) the leaf. So you have accomplished nothing.

Possibly you may cause the cell walls to breakdown with the heat, then the THC will leak from the cells into the water. As you bake the water away you will cook the THC onto the baking pan. The pot leaves remaining now are devoid of THC and you have wasted your sample completely.

You need to understand that organic molecules are not water soluble, but rather lipid soluble. Be thankful for this property of our cell membranes and complex molecules, as you would dissolve taking a shower. That would suck!.

An oil (lipid) based solvent is what you need, but I can't help you any more than that.

The key to getting "high" is the rate of change of THC in the blood.

Andean Indians got a mild "buzz" off coca leaves containing cocaine. The chewing of the leaves physically disrupted the membranes and allowed release of the cocaine (Remember, you can not digest plant cell walls- eat some corn and see what I mean). It was then absorbed slowly over time by the stomach, giving minimal effect. Over the years we have figured out how to purify the active chemical to get higher concentrations. Next we learned that the lungs got the drug to the blood much faster than the stomach, so we found ways to smoke it. Then we learned to modify the chemical to make it more lipid soluble. Each step producing a new level of feeling "high".

The "we" is mankind, not me.

At any rate, gastric absorbtion via pills will never give you the same "high" as smoking, so I think you are doomed to failure. This is also why patients are allowed to smoke pot for the pain, it works better.

Theoretically, you would get drunk on beer quicker by aspirating it, but there might be some adverse side effects to that. :blink: (asphixiation).

So, I recommend that you get electrodes implanted into your brain that stimulate your pleasure center, and flip the switch to the ON postion when traveling with your parents.

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 03:03

So, I recommend that you get electrodes implanted into your brain that stimlate your pleasure center, and flip the switch to the ON postion when traveling with your parents.
I just had that done at the Canadian Apology Center!

It works GGGRRRREAT!

( As to the rest of your post... you sound like you have an excellent grounding in the sciences. However, I think that was more information than Dwightfry wanted to know...)

kAb
04-13-2003, 02:18 AM
oo oo. i got an idea! stop supporting terrorism.

lurker
04-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Copied from erowid vault, seems a rather simple extraction, so I can't vouch for how well it preserves the active chemicals but...here ya go

One may extract the active ingredients from marijuana using alcohol and then use this tincture to make a potent drink. The highest proof alcohol available should be used, preferably 190 proof grain alcohol, since the water in the alcohol will dissolve other chemicals in the marijuana that one wishes to avoid. Some suggest soaking the grass in warm water for a period to remove those chemicals but that presents a whole host of other and is not really recommended. One may simply place the marijuana into a bottle of grain alcohol and let the canabanoids leach out, but this takes 2-3 weeks of time. A faster method is to heat the alcohol to sub-boiling and stir in the marijuana. Great deal of care should be taken if this method is chosen as the alcohol is highly flammable. The resulting tincture, often called "Green Dragon", is a light to emerald green liquid, which can be drunk straight, but this is not recommended. Highly lauded is a drink of 3 parts lemon lime soda, 1 part green dragon and a dollop of honey served over ice.

Skillian
04-13-2003, 02:38 AM
Have you guys never eaten hash (solids), or put it in a cup of tea? It takes much longer to kick in but really hits you when it does. Surely this does the same thing, only without the need for science and the need to feel like you are taking chemicals with a pill?

hobbes
04-13-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 03:18
oo oo. i got an idea! stop supporting terrorism.
You know, that really is true.

You may be thinking about your little bag of green, without thinking of the bigger picture. Where it comes, how it gets here, etc.

In a very sombering nutshell, you are killing people every time you buy an illegal drug. And your money goes indirectly to drug lords that hold their respective countries for ransom.

If you would like a platitude: "Think globally, act locally".

Hobbes doesn't do illegal drugs, but then again not many rabbits do. :o

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 03:39

Hobbes doesn't do illegal drugs, but then again not many rabbits do. :o
How about this platitude...

"Grow locally, consume locally"?

Explain the pink eyes then, bucko. :o :o :o

kAb
04-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 18:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hobbes@13 April 2003 - 03:39

Hobbes doesn&#39;t do illegal drugs, but then again not many rabbits do. :o
How about this platitude...

"Grow locally, consume locally"?

Explain the pink eyes then, bucko. :o :o :o [/b][/quote]
where did you get the original cannabis? hmm?

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 03:46

Hawaii.

All the druglords must have been surfing that day.

kAb
04-13-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 18:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@13 April 2003 - 03:46

Hawaii.

All the druglords must have been surfing that day. [/b][/quote]
i doubt you just replanted the first weed you ever bought <_<

it all goes back to terror organizations eventually.

clocker
04-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 04:04

I suppose you buy into the " Drive a SUV, Support the terrorists" theory also, then?

I like Scotch, too.
So to all you Scottish terrorists- "You&#39;re welcome".

sArA
04-13-2003, 03:16 AM
Oh come on...get real&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; The terrorist hype is just one more way that &#39;they&#39; are trying to get us all to behave like nice god fearing little clones.... If you grow your own...there is no way anyone can say it has an impact on terrorism...and as the majority of UK green stuff is home grown skunk weed nowadays....I dont see the problem...of course, the US may have a different take....Since being here, I have found it damn difficult to score...but then I spend most of my time here.....l :rolleyes:

kAb
04-13-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 19:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@13 April 2003 - 04:04

I suppose you buy into the " Drive a SUV, Support the terrorists" theory also, then?

I like Scotch, too.
So to all you Scottish terrorists- "You&#39;re welcome". [/b][/quote]
no, but i don&#39;t support SUV drivers either.

start making the transition to keep the enviornment clean, make the switch, drive a prius :D

clocker
04-13-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 04:16

no, but i don&#39;t support SUV drivers either.

I dislike SUVs also ( albeit for entirely different reasons, I suspect) so we do share some common ground here kAb.

The proposition that my (lamentably) infrequent cannibis use supports global terrorist organizations strikes me as fallacious and knee jerk. "Just Say No"...hmmph. :angry:

sArA
04-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by clocker@13 April 2003 - 04:29

The proposition that my (lamentably) infrequent cannibis use supports global terrorist organizations strikes me as fallacious and knee jerk. "Just Say No"...hmmph. :angry:
Hear hear&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; pass the joint that man&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

clocker
04-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by sara5564@13 April 2003 - 04:43

Hear hear&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; pass the joint that man&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
I LOVE this woman&#33; :D :D :P

hobbes
04-13-2003, 04:21 AM
Hobbes has no problem with homegrown.

Clearly the legality of alcohol and the illegailty of Marijuana is political, historical and most importantly arbitrary. These drugs are essentially equivalent with the edge to marijuana in rapidity of absorbtion and lack of hangover (so I am told). The good thing about drinking is that it gives you something to hold in your hand, I enjoy the process of getting drunk, and it doesn&#39;t show up months later in random drug testing.

I really should have stated that I was taking about the more hardcore diversions.

sArA
04-13-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by clocker@13 April 2003 - 04:45

I LOVE this woman&#33; :D :D :P
xxxxx

:D :D :D :P :P

ProwL418
04-13-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Skillian@12 April 2003 - 21:38
Have you guys never eaten hash (solids), or put it in a cup of tea? It takes much longer to kick in but really hits you when it does. Surely this does the same thing, only without the need for science and the need to feel like you are taking chemicals with a pill?
the reason it takes so long to kick in is that thc is hard to digest, thus we include a "digestive enzyme"
usually the simplest answer is lecithin granules, they&#39;re pretty nasty to the taste but are very effective in speeding up the process.
also, Erowid (http://erowid.org) is one of the bset sites out there for reference and education.

fallenknight308
04-13-2003, 08:19 AM
I was going to stay ontopic, then I saw: The "pot supports terror" bull.
How can anyone believe that?
Terror is supported by: ME, every single time I drive my gas guzzling piece of sheit boat down to the store to get me beer, I&#39;m helping add to the problem, and you know what? I don&#39;t care&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Because I don&#39;t control foreign policy B)
As to the "pot pill thing" It sounds like it may be a little more trouble than its worth, but hey, if it gives you something to do? :lol:
(By the way there&#39;s Lots of oil in alaska, if no one knew that. but I guess some "green" party people didn&#39;t like the idea.................................. oh yah this topic was about weed................................................ <_<

N£MO
04-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Seems like alot of trouble to try and make a weed pill and whats the point?? :huh:

You can make hash cakes or even better skunk cakes and munch them when you feel the need,your parents never need know.

In the UK from time to time i have come accross cannabis oil,now that is mad shit...making pills with that would be ideal :&#39;(

dwightfry
04-13-2003, 12:16 PM
I thought this post was deleted. I came back last night and I couldn&#39;t find it, what a surprise to have 2 pages by this morning. :lol:

Thanks for all the replays that were on topic.

When you extract, you want to target molecule(THC) to dissolve into the solvent (the water). All you are doing is boiling, then drying the leaf. So at best you are denaturing the active molecule with the heat and then dehydrating(removing water) the leaf. So you have accomplished nothing.

The idea was that the thc comes out in oil form, therefor doesn&#39;t mix with the water...like you said. Then when you dehyderate you basically have resin on the bottom of the pan. It would work much like Banaba peels. (except banana peels don&#39;t do shit..........)

One may extract the active ingredients from marijuana using alcohol and then use this tincture to make a potent drink. The highest proof alcohol available should be used, preferably 190 proof grain alcohol, since the water in the alcohol will dissolve other chemicals in the marijuana that one wishes to avoid. Some suggest soaking the grass in warm water for a period to remove those chemicals but that presents a whole host of other and is not really recommended. One may simply place the marijuana into a bottle of grain alcohol and let the canabanoids leach out, but this takes 2-3 weeks of time. A faster method is to heat the alcohol to sub-boiling and stir in the marijuana. Great deal of care should be taken if this method is chosen as the alcohol is highly flammable. The resulting tincture, often called "Green Dragon", is a light to emerald green liquid, which can be drunk straight, but this is not recommended. Highly lauded is a drink of 3 parts lemon lime soda, 1 part green dragon and a dollop of honey served over ice.

If I were to use this alcohol method, then cooked the alcohol so it wasn&#39;t alcoholic anymore, and then dehyderated it....would that work?

the reason it takes so long to kick in is that thc is hard to digest, thus we include a "digestive enzyme"
usually the simplest answer is lecithin granules, they&#39;re pretty nasty to the taste but are very effective in speeding up the process.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Hand out one pill of green, and another pill of a digestive enzyme of some sort.

Seems like alot of trouble to try and make a weed pill and whats the point??

You can make hash cakes or even better skunk cakes and munch them when you feel the need,your parents never need know.

In the UK from time to time i have come accross cannabis oil,now that is mad shit...making pills with that would be ideal

It will be a lot of work, but in the end I think it is still worth it...we&#39;ll see. I&#39;m not making them for myself, I&#39;m making them for my friends, and I doubt they would ever get the energy to cook.

oo oo. i got an idea&#33; stop supporting terrorism

And now for the off topic post. Lets say that all the weed in america was grown by terrorists. Even so, somebody bought a &#036;1000 of weed from them, and using that, grew more, that got spread and more people bought it, and more people grew it until it was being grown all across america. Within a year people spend over &#036;100,000,000 on that pot. SO WHAT, out of that &#036;1,000,000,000 the terrorists get a measly &#036;1000. The damage has already been done. That&#39;s not to mention, that most of america&#39;s pot comes from mexico, and other southern countries.

If you are going to believe this &#39;pot funds terrorism&#39; campaign, then you have to believe that oil funds it. If we buy pot from terrorists, some of that will be reproduced and spread over until we have no use in buying more, where we can only use oil once. And look at where we buy it from, the middle east, where do the terrorists live, the middle east. What goverments fund the terrorist, the middle eastern governments, where do the middle eastern goverments get there money, OIL. What gets more money spent on it in any given year, pot or oil, OIL. If you are going to believe the pot campaign, how can you not believe the oil campagn.

NO MORE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; MY POST, I GET THE FINAL WORD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; START A NEW POST IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE THIS...please ;)

and back on the topic, one final question. Why can&#39;t you just swallow bud and get high off of it? If you digest everything, you are still digesting the THC.

EDIT: I just went tho the Erowid site, and they said that it was a myth that you must heat bud before consuming it. That it isn&#39;t true. Yesterday, I swallowed a 1-ies worth of pot and I felt like how I feel a couple hours after getting high. Then later, I swallowed 3 times as much, I felt the same thing faster, and much, much longer. So, if I just gave people an digestive enzyme, and a capsule of regular pot, would that work to some extent?

namzuf9
04-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by clocker+13 April 2003 - 03:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 April 2003 - 03:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@13 April 2003 - 04:04

I like Scotch, too.
So to all you Scottish terrorists- "You&#39;re welcome". [/b][/quote]
does this mean if I drink Guiness I&#39;m supporting th IRA?&#33;?

clocker
04-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 05:21
Hobbes has no problem with homegrown.

Why thank you, Hobbes.

Clocker has no problem with pinkeyes. :P

dwightfry
04-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Back to the topic please.

"The Avatar Man"
04-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 03:18
oo oo. i got an idea&#33; stop supporting terrorism.
YEAH FOOL

grow your own :P :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The Avatar Man"
04-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 13:55
NO
not until you stop supporting terrorism and grow your own :angry: :P

clocker
04-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@13 April 2003 - 13:52

does this mean if I drink Guiness I&#39;m supporting th IRA?&#33;?
Precisely.

Not to mention the Worldwide Urinalmakers Coalition.

clocker
04-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 13:55
How in the world did you expect to keep a bunch of dopers focused on one topic?

dwightfry
04-13-2003, 01:26 PM
It&#39;s kinda ironic, with me trying to get back on the subject, I ended creating a third subject. <_<

PLEASE, DON&#39;T WASTE MY TIME, I BEG OF YOU. :(

clocker
04-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 14:26

PLEASE, DON&#39;T WASTE MY TIME, I BEG OF YOU. :(
If time is of such importance to you then I think Hobbes has provided a fairly good scientific explanation of the processes involved and Prowl418 gave the specifics.

What more do you want? :huh:

I know I would like some Twinkies... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dwightfry
04-13-2003, 02:04 PM
I have several un-answered questions in a previous post.

1. I disagreed with hobbes explaination, and I gave my reasons. I believe that if you boil the pot in water, the thc oils will be extracted (not mixed with the water). Dehyderate the water, and all that is left is the oil of pure THC. Much like how smoking banana pill was supposed to work. Am I right? If I&#39;m wrong, then why?

2. If I extracted the THC with the alcohol method, and then dehyderated the alcohol, will that work. What will be left over from the alcohol, and what effects will that give?

3. Can you get a complete high by eating straight marijuana, In my experience, it seems so, but It could have just been the placebo effect. (I had enough to have a good buzz for over 4 hours)

4. Of what degree will supplying lecithin granules with the drug help in it&#39;s success?

ghost944
04-13-2003, 02:08 PM
If i was to boil some weed in water, pick out the leaves when i have finished , then finally drop some blocks of jelly/jello into the pan, mix it around a bit untill the jelly blocks have dissolved, then put it in the fridge untill the jelly has set.

Would i then have some jelly that gets you High? <_<

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ghost944@13 April 2003 - 15:08
If i was to boil some weed in water, pick out the leaves when i have finished , then finally drop some blocks of jelly/jello into the pan, mix it around a bit untill the jelly blocks have dissolved, then put it in the fridge untill the jelly has set.

Would i then have some jelly that gets you High? <_<
Why must you guys make life so difficult?

(btw... that jelly would taste like CRAP&#33;&#33;&#33;)

ghost944
04-13-2003, 02:52 PM
no the jelly has diffrent flavers like orange, strawberry... ect
So the flaver of the jelly would probable take away the Crap taste of the Water.

dwightfry
04-13-2003, 02:55 PM
They make tea that gets you high, so I would imagine that making jello out of the water would work... in theory.

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ghost944@13 April 2003 - 15:52
no the jelly has diffrent flavers like orange, strawberry... ect
So the flaver of the jelly would probable take away the Crap taste of the Water.
I seriouly doubt it, but you are welcome to try.

I still fail to see the point when there are far simpler and more efficient methods of achieving the desired result.

Progress marches on, I suppose....

ghost944
04-13-2003, 03:10 PM
so the jelly thing could work its just that i want to try something different than a smoke or cakes I am tottaly crap at rolling j&#39;s it takes me about half an hour to roll 1 now is that just the crappest rolling or what
i might try making some chocolate chip cookis there really nice but this time they will have some fun in them :)

clocker
04-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ghost944@13 April 2003 - 16:10

i might try making some chocolate chip cookis there really nice but this time they will have some fun in them :)
I&#39;m sure the Keebler elves would approve. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hobbes
04-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 15:04
I have several un-answered questions in a previous post.

1. I disagreed with hobbes explaination, and I gave my reasons. I believe that if you boil the pot in water, the thc oils will be extracted (not mixed with the water). Dehyderate the water, and all that is left is the oil of pure THC. Much like how smoking banana pill was supposed to work. Am I right? If I&#39;m wrong, then why?

2. If I extracted the THC with the alcohol method, and then dehyderated the alcohol, will that work. What will be left over from the alcohol, and what effects will that give?

1. I got the idea you wanted to put the pot leaves into the gel caps. My point was that the THC would be baked to the surface of the pan and no longer in the leaves. So if you lined the pan with something to absorb the THC, that might work.

This would allow you to use the same liner for multiple batches of pot to concentrate the THC and the liner will allow for easier absorption versus just eating the raw leaves as some THC will remained trapped in the leaves that you don&#39;t effectively chew.

2. I would not advise this. Again, I am not a chemist, but I do know that alcohol is flammable, and you will need to use a flame to remove the alcohol. Alcohol has a low boiling point and will evaporate before the water. So if you have 95% alcohol and 5% water, the THC should remain in the water that is not boiled off.

You have probably seen alcohol used on cooking shows. Notice how it blazes when exposed to flame (baked Alaskan). That is the alcohol burning off, leaving the flavor of the liquor behind. Those guys are using 80 proof (40% alcohol). You would be using 190 proof (95%) alcohol.

You would need to be very careful with your heat or else you will cause a fire or explode your beaker. Just ask Richard Prior how drugs and fire don&#39;t mix.

clocker
04-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 17:18

You would need to be very careful with your heat or else you will cause a fire or explode your beaker. Just ask Richard Prior how drugs and fire don&#39;t mix.
:lol: :( :( :( :lol:

Indeed.

Anyway, isn&#39;t THC commercially available in tab form already?

It too may be illegal, but better incarceration than incineration, methinks.

Skillian
04-13-2003, 05:50 PM
3. Can you get a complete high by eating straight marijuana, In my experience, it seems so, but It could have just been the placebo effect. (I had enough to have a good buzz for over 4 hours)

Don&#39;t know about the scientific questions but that one&#39;s a definite yes. Gets you higher than smoking it I think.

ghost944
04-13-2003, 06:27 PM
I asked my girlfriend&#39;s brother if he would come round and watch the football, so he did and because hes a cook i asked him if he would make me some chocolate chip cookies :) he did then while he was watching the rest of the football i went into the kitchen and threw in sum of the fun like i said in my previous post,
I had to wait till there was no one in the kitchen as my girlfriend doesnt like me having dope, They then went into the oven :) then were made :D i then got them all to myself because everyone else thought they tasted funny :) and now im high :D
The bad thing is it took a while to kick in, I dont think im gona try thre gello thing ciz ill just be wasting my dope.

clocker
04-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ghost944@13 April 2003 - 19:27

The bad thing is it took a while to kick in, I dont think im gona try thre gello thing ciz ill just be wasting my dope.
You could have just listened to me, but NOOOOOOO&#33;

I tried all this nonsense 40 years ago.
Did you think I was just speaking hypothetically?
Sometimes listening to one&#39;s elders DOES pay off.... ;)

ghost944
04-13-2003, 07:37 PM
sorry bout all of those spelin mistakes but i couldnt hit the keys properly.
Im not really bothered about it takin a while to kick in but gettin high off chocolate chip cookies is good because my mouth deosnt tase like i just drunk a glass of cats piss like it does when i have a joint.

clocker
04-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ghost944@13 April 2003 - 20:37
because my mouth deosnt tase like i just drunk a glass of cats piss like it does when i have a joint.
You need to abuse a better class of cats.

ghost944
04-13-2003, 08:00 PM
I tried that but every time i have a joint my mouth still tastes like cats piss

ProwL418
04-13-2003, 08:24 PM
check this out (http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq_eat.shtml)

and yes, lecithin helps tremendously.

j2k4
04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
I thought of a harangue about the propriety/viability/utility of attempting this mis-begotten experiment, typed it (WITH ALL ATTENDANT WIT AND CLARITY), then lost it due to a malfunctioning "add reply" key. I was, to say the least, disconcerted, and immediately found myself pining for that naturally occurring substance you speak of, so as to assuage my bitterness. I had to suffer without, but decided to spare you my screed and, instead, provide my insight in solving your problem.
I recommend Hobbes&#39; lipid approach, using a quality grapeseed oil as your transitional "lipid". Immerse your weed in the oil, just covering it, and replenish as it is absorbed. Once total absorption has occurred (approximately 10 days), heat the mixture to a constant 192 degrees Fahrenheit; maintain this heat for approx. 72 hours, replenishing the oil as needed. Stir gently and constantly. When complete, you will have a grapeseed/cannabis oil product of no particular "buzz" value, but you will have succeeded in extracting the tetrahydrocannabinol content from it&#39;s host medium (the weed) and effectively transferring it to the "lipid".
Also, after investing a minimum of 13 days in this pointless exercise, you will have either totally lost or greatly increased your desire to get high. Act accordingly.

dwightfry
04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
I was just now told that:

1. boiling the pot in water won&#39;t work.

2. Lecithin won&#39;t help

I&#39;m not surprised that #1 wouldn&#39;t work. But from what I&#39;ve read, including the post before this one, that lecithin does help, and a lot too. Does anyone else have any input on this. Anyone who has tried it? Knows that it does/doesn&#39;t work for whatever reason?

j2k4
04-14-2003, 12:06 AM
dwightfry (May I call you RENFIELD?)-you missed a post.........

Livy
04-14-2003, 12:14 AM
drugs are bad, mmmkay

clocker
04-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@14 April 2003 - 01:06
Dwightfry...

PLEASE do yourself (and all of us) a MAJOR favor and DO NOT ASK&#33;&#33;&#33;.....

j2k4
04-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by clocker+13 April 2003 - 19:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 April 2003 - 19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@14 April 2003 - 01:06
Dwightfry...

PLEASE do yourself (and all of us) a MAJOR favor and DO NOT ASK&#33;&#33;&#33;..... [/b][/quote]
The answer to the original question is 5 (FIVE) posts back...

clocker
04-14-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@14 April 2003 - 01:24

Oh, I think at this point the answer is irrelevant.

We&#39;re just in this for the entertainment value.

P.S. Your cockles wouldn&#39;t need warming if you&#39;d spring for decent shoes. ;)

Bass
04-14-2003, 12:48 AM
If you grow your own...there is no way anyone can say it has an impact on terrorism...and as the majority of UK green stuff is home grown skunk weed nowadays....I dont see the problem...
How do you know that then Sara? :D
I bet you can`t wait ta come home ;)
love `n` peace me dear,
Bass.

Bass
04-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Dwightfry,there is a method using petrol and acetone to extract the plant oil(like they do essential oils)but needless to say it is a bit dangerous if you don`t know what you`re doing.This method will, however, give you top quality on a very compact scale,very easy to drip into capsules, instantly absorbed once taken and very potent.
Have a search on the net,unfortunately I had a link my m8 sent me but I seem to have lost it.If I can get it, I`ll post it.
cheers and all the best,
Bass.

j2k4
04-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by clocker+13 April 2003 - 19:32--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 April 2003 - 19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@14 April 2003 - 01:24

Oh, I think at this point the answer is irrelevant.

We&#39;re just in this for the entertainment value.

P.S. Your cockles wouldn&#39;t need warming if you&#39;d spring for decent shoes. ;) [/b][/quote]
My cockles are wearing mocassins.

clocker
04-14-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Bass@14 April 2003 - 01:58
Dwightfry,there is a method using petrol and acetone to extract the plant oil(like they do essential oils)but needless to say it is a&nbsp; bit dangerous if you don`t know what you`re doing.
Oh yeah, this sounds like a brilliant idea....

At least you won&#39;t have to worry about those dreary car rides with Mum and Dad any longer.

fallenknight308
04-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by fallenknight308@13 April 2003 - 00:19
I was going to stay ontopic, then I saw: The "pot supports terror" bull.
How can anyone believe that?
Terror is supported by: ME, every single time I drive my gas guzzling piece of sheit boat down to the store to get me beer, I&#39;m helping add to the problem, and you know what? I don&#39;t care&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Because I don&#39;t control foreign policy B)
As to the "pot pill thing" It sounds like it may be a little more trouble than its worth, but hey, if it gives you something to do? :lol:
(By the way there&#39;s Lots of oil in alaska, if no one knew that. but I guess some "green" party people didn&#39;t like the idea.................................. oh yah this topic was about weed................................................ <_<
I retract my last post.
This just in: it seems terrorism is caused by, COW FARTS&#33; Thats right, cow farts :blink:
You see, when a cow farts it releases methane into the atmosphere, and.................................................

j2k4
04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by fallenknight308@14 April 2003 - 02:53
This just in: it seems terrorism is caused by, COW FARTS&#33; Thats right, cow farts :blink:
You see, when a cow farts it releases methane into the atmosphere, and.................................................
I wondered when someone else would catch this-

Cow farts cause terrorism AND also erode the ozone layer&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

We know it is true because Al Gore says it is.

And, you know, he&#39;s not at all bitter about the election.

He&#39;s thinking about growing a new beard and is mulling a guest appearance on "South Park" (if he can secure final edit).

dwightfry
04-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Okay, here&#39;s the deal.

I am going to attempt using alcohol (everclear) to extract the THC. I can&#39;t use oil because the gel caps will disolve if I use a liquid, and oil won&#39;t dehyderate. I will also use lecithin granules in hope that it will do the job faster. Plus, it will only take a few hours to make rather than 2 weeks.

I decided to go with the alcohol plan because I read that if you extract it in this way you add the liquid to any drink to get you high. They said one teaspoon will get you high, two teaspoons will get you stoned, three teaspoons will fuck you up. If this is true, then one teaspoon dehyderated would become just enough for a capsule. Plus, not only does this completely take away all the harm that smoking it causes, but the lecithin is fantastic for your body, so it will almost be healthy to take the pills.

I&#39;m not making this for me, I&#39;m making it more in hopes to make money selling it to some friends who are in highschool and college. They were talking about how they had to smoke up in the driveway of the school and figuared this could be a safer (not getting caught) alternative if it works, and I could make some extra cash. If it doesn&#39;t work, it&#39;s no big deal. I worked some odd jobs yesterday to pay for everything, so I wouldn&#39;t be losing any cash.

j2k4
04-14-2003, 02:03 PM
I respect your intent, dwightfry. You go, you altruistic capitalist pig&#33;&#33;&#33;
If you succeed, the world will be a better place, and your wealth will surpass that of Mr. Gates. :D :D
Just be careful with the Everclear&#33; ;)

oldmancan
04-14-2003, 04:09 PM
:shifty: Gentlemen and Ladies, if I may...

Anytime THC is injested it will take longer to kick in and last much longer. Can&#39;t offer any opinion regarding the enezyme (but it makes sense).
For your car ride or whatever bake some cookies , it will be the easiest.

For the whole capsule thing...USE NO HEAT...instead go COLD&#33;&#33;&#33;

I don&#39;t have the time to write a long discourse. I suggest searching for "bubble hash". Easy to make, inexpensive materials, SAFE. Just fill the caps with the bubble hash.

Search here (http://www.overgrow.com)

I offer this with no prejudice. Be good to yourselves.

clocker
04-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by oldmancan@14 April 2003 - 17:09

I don&#39;t have the time to write a long discourse. I suggest searching for "bubble hash". Easy to make, inexpensive materials, SAFE. Just fill the caps with the bubble hash.

Search here (http://www.overgrow.com)

Perhaps you might consider heroin.
It already comes prepackaged in a easy consumer friendly form.
No muss, no fuss, no complicated, potentially fatal chemistry.

Oh, I forgot...

DRUGS SUPPORT TERRORISM&#33;&#33;&#33;

SUVs SUPPORT TERRORISM&#33;&#33;&#33;

ergo-

DRUGS SUPPORT SUVs&#33;&#33;&#33;

Believe it.

dwightfry
04-14-2003, 08:13 PM

Search here

The link didn&#39;t work.

Well, it&#39;s cooking now. Everything seems to be going as planned. The everclear is a nice emerald green, just like they said it would be. I got the capsules, and I got the Lecithin. I&#39;ll post the results tonight.

clocker
04-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@14 April 2003 - 21:13

Well, it&#39;s cooking now. Everything seems to be going as planned. The everclear is a nice emerald green, just like they said it would be. I got the capsules, and I got the Lecithin. I&#39;ll post the results tonight.
I wouldn&#39;t bet the farm on that, kiddo.

Z
04-14-2003, 08:53 PM
why dont you just smoke it man? :lol:

clocker
04-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Z@14 April 2003 - 21:53
why dont you just smoke it man?&nbsp; :lol:
Apparently Mr. Dwightfry has a ScienceFair project due this week.

Build a mountain out of a molehill. Marijuana is obviously so cheap and easily available in his neighborhood that this seemed like a GOOD IDEA&#33;

btw- I believe I suggested he just smoke it on the first page of this Godforsaken thread. If I had his dope and he had my coffee this whole thing would have turned out much differently, I can assure you... :P

Blue_Seraphim
04-14-2003, 10:59 PM
recipe for pot brownies.

Take a pot and melt a whole tub of butter in it slowly on simmer. Take all the leaves and stems from a freshly cut plant. Preferably HQ strains(never tried with any other than kb strains). DO NOT USE BUDS&#33;&#33;&#33;Place in the pot of butter. You want to fill a large pot. Allow to simmer slowly for a couple hours. When done strain the butter and the leaves, stems etc. refrigerate. Make your favorite recipe for brownies(store brand whatever) and inplace of regular butter or other liquids use the stuff you made with the plant.

takes some practice but it works. best brownies ever. my friend ate one and a half and was scared to go to sleep. He&#39;s a regular pot user too.

If you can&#39;t get the materials :&#39;(

dwightfry
04-15-2003, 12:05 AM
......it didn&#39;t work. :( LOL :lol:

I got halfway there.....and It stayed there for a few hours. It was shitty pot. I just smoked some, hardly did anything. On the bright side....I have enough everclear to last me a year. ;)

clocker
04-15-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by dwightfry@15 April 2003 - 01:05
On the bright side....I have enough everclear to last me a year. ;)
Not if you do it right.

oldmancan
04-15-2003, 06:06 PM
:huh: Like to try again, Dwightfry? Try reading this, it is exactly what you asked about: Medicinal Marijuanna Caps.

here (http://overgrow.com/growfaq/1253)

Btw I still suggest reading about bubble hash. Use search engine at above site. ;)

Offerred without prejudice.

dwightfry
04-16-2003, 01:23 AM
I was thinking about trying again because, seriously, THAT POT SUCKED&#33;&#33;&#33; But I don&#39;t have the money now. I have to go to bed now, I got to get up early, but I will read about bubble hash and that other link tomarrow. I am still convinced there is a way.

clocker
04-16-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by dwightfry@16 April 2003 - 02:23
I am still convinced there is a way.
Truly, the spirit of Thomas Edison lives on. :P

j2k4
04-16-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by clocker+15 April 2003 - 23:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 15 April 2003 - 23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dwightfry@16 April 2003 - 02:23
I am still convinced there is a way.
Truly, the spirit of Thomas Edison lives on. :P [/b][/quote]
Maybe a move to Menlo Park would help, then......inspirational purposes?

Clocker-you are a ground-breaker&#33;&#33;
FORGE AHEAD&#33;

clocker
04-16-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@16 April 2003 - 06:10

FORGE AHEAD&#33;
Hardly.
As one who flogs obsolete technologies for shekels far be it from me to discourage Dwightfry in his pursuit of a solution to a problem that was solved oh, say a 1000 years ago. I myself have been working on a project that I like to call "the wheel"... <_<

off topic: Have you noticed that quotes are now auomatically purged of profanity? Who do you suppose has that thankless task?

Got_brains?
04-16-2003, 11:18 AM
http://www.troop751.com/Guy laughing.gif

j2k4
04-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by clocker+16 April 2003 - 00:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 16 April 2003 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@16 April 2003 - 06:10

FORGE AHEAD&#33;
Hardly.
As one who flogs obsolete technologies for shekels far be it from me to discourage Dwightfry in his pursuit of a solution to a problem that was solved oh, say a 1000 years ago. I myself have been working on a project that I like to call "the wheel"... <_<

off topic: Have you noticed that quotes are now auomatically purged of profanity? Who do you suppose has that thankless task? [/b][/quote]
Nah-

I meant "plussed".
Very innovative; compelling, even. I predict an occasional PM re: this.

I agree with the purging of profanity-Let&#39;s test the system further by seeing what they do with self-censorship:

AHEM--------------F**K&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Is it still there? :D

BTW-Those of us who flog obsolete technologies are to be honored as cultural elders; please continue to work with pride.

dwightfry
04-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by oldmancan@15 April 2003 - 19:06
:huh: Like to try again, Dwightfry? Try reading this, it is exactly what you asked about: Medicinal Marijuanna Caps.

here (http://overgrow.com/growfaq/1253)

Btw I still suggest reading about bubble hash. Use search engine at above site. ;)

Offerred without prejudice.
I think I might try it (when I have the cash), the only prob is that If distributing it, I won&#39;t have a fridge to keep them in. I know It wouldn&#39;t be the greatest idea, but perhaps I could wrap the pot/oil mixture in a small piece of plastic wrap, and then place it in the gel cap. eating plastic wrap wouldn&#39;t harm ya.......would it?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

It will be a while, but if what they say is true about one pill keeping you high for 4 hours, then it&#39;s worth a try.

Here is why I am still willing to try again:

1/4 oz of pot costs &#036;40. (schwag (sp?) not nug)
1/32 oz of pot will/should make 4 pills so 1/4 oz will make 32 pills.
If one pill can get you high, then I could easily sell one pill for &#036;3.50.
32 pills would make me &#036;112.
I could make &#036;72

Even if I sell them for 2 bucks a piece, I would still make &#036;24

clocker
04-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@16 April 2003 - 16:21

Here is why I am still willing to try again:

1/4 oz of pot costs &#036;40. (schwag (sp?) not nug)
1/32 oz of pot will/should make 4 pills so 1/4 oz will make 32 pills.
If one pill can get you high, then I could easily sell one pill for &#036;3.50.
32 pills would make me &#036;112.
I could make &#036;72

Even if I sell them for 2 bucks a piece, I would still make &#036;24
With such enormous profits to be made it&#39;s certainly no wonder you&#39;re willing to risk imprisonment in the pursuit of your dream.
Let&#39;s see... &#036;112 times 52 weeks...hmmm. carry the 4...why that&#39;s &#036;5824 a YEAR&#33;

You could buy a YUGO&#33; :D :D :D

clocker
04-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@16 April 2003 - 13:26

BTW-Those of us who flog obsolete technologies are to be honored as cultural elders; please continue to work with pride.
Thank you for your support.

I shall continue to hold my head high.

Right up to the moment that I starve to death... B)

dwightfry
04-16-2003, 04:21 PM
With such enormous profits to be made it&#39;s certainly no wonder you&#39;re willing to risk imprisonment in the pursuit of your dream.
Let&#39;s see... &#036;112 times 52 weeks...hmmm. carry the 4...why that&#39;s &#036;5824 a YEAR&#33;

You could buy a YUGO&#33;

Well, actually, it&#39;s a lot less then that.

First of all, it would be only &#036;72 times 52. So that&#39;s only &#036;3744. I would have to sell 32 pills in a week....that probably won&#39;t happen. And most importantly, I&#39;m not going to be the one selling it. I&#39;m giving it to my best friend to sell for 50% of the profits (he&#39;s a dealer, and much more of a pothead then I am. He has more buyers and more connections), so in the end, it will be &#036;1500 at most, BUT, what you don&#39;t know is that Rachel and I living off of less then &#036;10,000 a year. so, even an extra hundred a month would be FANTASTIC&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

j2k4
04-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by clocker+16 April 2003 - 10:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 16 April 2003 - 10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@16 April 2003 - 13:26

Thank you for your support.

I shall continue to hold my head high.

Right up to the moment that I starve to death... B) [/b][/quote]
Starve?

Surely a Yugo is within reach?

RollUrOwn
04-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Dude ------- just smoke it the way it was made.......

oldmancan
04-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@12 April 2003 - 16:04
I am working on making &#39;pot&#39; pills. (Just in case anyone is wondering why we want to make it. It would be nice for long car rides with your parents, It would be nice if you are going to school, you can just pop a pill at a bathroom break. It would be nice if you are at a place where you don&#39;t want to be and you can&#39;t leave.)
:huh: I thought you were planning to share but now it seems to be about making a profit. Capitalist. The advice was free, do with it what you will.

However, I refuse to participate any further in your endeavor. Good Luck. Be Good to Yourself.

clocker
04-16-2003, 06:15 PM
See what happens when BIG MONEY enters the picture?

Bass
04-17-2003, 02:21 AM
Do you think they`ll get Johnny Depp to play Dwightfry in the movie :D ?
cheers,
Bass.

dwightfry
04-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Believe me, I&#39;ve given away more weed then I have EVER smoked. I&#39;m a lightweight, I take 2 maybe 3 hits and I&#39;m done. I give the rest of the bowl to whoever I&#39;m smoking it with. Drug dealing is a business, everyone who has ever sold a drug was doing so for profit, so don&#39;t make it sound like I&#39;m a bad person because I need a way to make ends meet. Nobody would go out of there way to spend 40 dollars on pot, 10 dollars on gel capsules, and whatever else they need, spend a few hours of there time making something, and then give it away.

If someone came on here asking how to make meth, would you expect them to give it away? I will share them, give them away when I feel like it, it&#39;s inevitable, but can you honestly say that selling it for profit will make me a bad person?

oldmancan
04-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Dwightfry
I apologise if I insulted you. I do not think you are a "bad" person at all. Nor do I think somebody who make a profit is nessesarily a bad person. I look back at my previous post and think that may have been a little curt. I was pressed for time and had a bit of an attitude going on, nothing to do with anything here.
If I had originally known the info you requested was for the purpose of generating a profit I probably would have just read on and not responded. But that&#39;s just me. But thinking about it, maybe I would have responded because I had concerns about some of the ideas being offered and the health risks, not to mention fires etc.
Like I said I thought you were just gearing up for a road trip or something. Good luck and good health to you. :beerchug:

dwightfry
04-18-2003, 01:55 PM
No prob. Thanks for all your help. ;)