PDA

View Full Version : split from Too White

manker
08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm still twisted about it ,told my boy's not to worry I'd talk to the parents but english probably not their first langue. :(

Why do you make the assumption that your neighbours do not speak English coherently, just because they are Asian.?

Secondly, when doing so, you spelt the word language incorrectly.Spelt is wheat and the punctuation at the end of that first sentence is, quite frankly, an eyesore.

You have a valid point, it's a shame you spoiled it by throwing stones from within your glass house.

JeffBuckley
08-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Why do you make the assumption that your neighbours do not speak English coherently, just because they are Asian.?

Secondly, when doing so, you spelt the word language incorrectly.Spelt is wheat and the punctuation at the end of that first sentence is, quite frankly, an eyesore.

You have a valid point, it's a shame you spoiled it by throwing stones from within your glass house.

I was under the impression that when the word spelt is used as noun, it does indeed mean Wheat.

I was using the word Spelt as a verb, which I think is the past tense of the word spell.

Verb - A content word that denotes an action or a state

I might be wrong though.

Sorry about your sore eyes. *Hands Manker a bottle of Optex*

link (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/spelt#Verb_2)

JPaul
08-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm still twisted about it ,told my boy's not to worry I'd talk to the parents but english probably not their first langue. :(

Secondly, when doing so, you spelt the word language incorrectly.

I would suggest he incorrectly spelt the word "language".

He certainly didn't spell the word language "incorrectly". If he had he would have spelt the word "incorrectly", which looks entirely different.

Has watching too much Big Brother (which is any in my view) driven you mad at all.

Oh and welcome to the bored. So nice to see another new chap dive straight into "The Drawing Room", it used to be the last resort of the incontinent.

Busyman
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Wow, spelt is wheat. :ohmy:

You're a genius.

You have proven to be an avid googler. Perhaps there is a feature that you missed that can help you use it betta.

Gripper
08-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Bearing in mind possible dietary requirements.

Wouldn't want to offer an olive branch, only to find that the person doesn't eat olives.

One wouldn't want a fox's paw at the BBQ.
T'would not be a problem in britain now as fox hunting (with hounds)is now illeagle,but you get mt gist,you can do veggie bbq's or pork free,alittle research go's a long way,great little post though :)
Spelt (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=spelt) see how a little misunderstanding can be took out of context :)