PDA

View Full Version : bragging

brenda
08-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't like to brag, but the reason I have been off-line so long is that I was in the last year of my degree.

I passed :w00t:

So now I'm back but everything is different.... where is everyone?????? have you all changed you names?????

Tom Bath is allright too

Guillaume
08-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Congrats, Brenda. :01:

Erm, degree of what, if you don't mind me asking? :unsure:

DanB
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Congratz :01:

JPaul
08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Well done mate, Fan Feckin Tastic.

I'm made up for you.

http://www.travelthere.com/ContalResources/site_images/img-congratulations.gif

Virtualbody1234
08-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Welcome back.

brenda
08-15-2005, 10:43 PM
It was a BA(hon) Cultural Studies Guillaume, and i'm proper made up. I celebrated the acheivement with a few pints of Somerset cider

DanB
08-15-2005, 10:54 PM
well done brenda :D

Santa
08-15-2005, 10:56 PM
which field did you specialize in cultural studies?

virtual discussion forums?

brenda
08-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Cheers honeys :D I feel like 4 years of :frusty: has become one massive :01:

I did specalize in technocultures one semester :shifty:

other subjects ranged from

- shopping
- global culture
- race
- the body as a cultural object
- urban life and city culture

I loved every minute of it

Rat Faced
08-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Congrats Brenda :)

Now how you gonna make that qualification pay?

edit: That sounds bad, but wasnt meant that way.. i meant, what job you gonna put it to etc etc etc o_O

Everose
08-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Congratulations, Brenda!

brotherdoobie
08-16-2005, 03:22 AM
Congrats...How are you going to make that degree pay? :lol:
I can't wait to be finished with school.

I'm a lazy sod...

Peace bd

manker
08-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Nice one, Brenda :D

Passing exams is teh roka. Well done indeed.

JPaul
08-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Cultural Studies Guillaume

Now that's a very specific field, difficult to see what your next step is (other than continued tax dodging). Whatever you decide I hope it produces barrow loads of cash. Oh and a bit of job satisfaction is always nice.

Gripper
08-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Nice work,did reading this forum help,'cause someone could write a paper on the stuff that happen's in forums :)

Guillaume
08-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Nice work,did reading this forum help,

We actually were her guinea pigs.

Where do you think all the members who stopped posting went?
Yep, that's right, dissection. :ph34r:

brenda
08-16-2005, 03:28 PM
I could join local or national government within the Culture & Sport Department but as a part-time disenter (is that the right word?) freedom fighter and general stirrer it would pain be to become a part of the system, even if I convince myself that I could be the enemy within.

What I'd really like to do (and I know how rediculous this sounds for a woman of the 21st century) is keep my part-time job and be a housewife, can't think of anything I'd rather do that keep house, cook, clean, interior design, craftwork and keep my fella satisfied and stimulated :unsure:

Does that make me certifiable?

Gripper
08-16-2005, 04:03 PM
No more like a mans version of the perfect woman:)

NikkiD
08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
What I'd really like to do (and I know how rediculous this sounds for a woman of the 21st century) is keep my part-time job and be a housewife, can't think of anything I'd rather do that keep house, cook, clean, interior design, craftwork and keep my fella satisfied and stimulated :unsure:

Does that make me certifiable?

No, it makes you honest. :) In a lot of ways it's a tougher job than going to an office everyday. Keeping a part time job would probably help keep your sanity intact and keep you from feeling trapped at home. Just don't let your fella take all those things you do at home for granted.

Congrats on your degree, sounds like a fascinating field of study. :D Now you need to do lots of travelling for a first-hand look at all of those different cultures.

Rat Faced
08-16-2005, 06:38 PM
:01: :01: :01:

but as a part-time disenter (is that the right word?) freedom fighter and general stirrer

I didnt need a degree.. :ph34r:

maebach
08-17-2005, 03:51 PM

So true. We need more of those kind :lol:

ruthie
08-22-2005, 06:34 AM
congrats, brenda..I'm starting school on Thurs..working on my BA..majoring in sociology with a concentration in criminology. It's going to be a long two years.
It's really nice to be able to be home...I've worked at home for years, and I have always enjoyed having my life to myself. Seemed like time to finish up school though.
Are you sending out applications?

brenda
08-23-2005, 09:06 PM
2 years will fly by Ruthie and you'll end up wondering where all the time went and how you could have fitted so much fun into those 24 mths!

Nah I've not applied for anything I enjoy having a simple life. Sure shoes are beautifully pieces of art but I've never had a desire to spend shed loads of cash. I'd just like enough money to have a small place in the country with reliable vehicle, internet access and a big enough garden to grow my own veg and share with a few animals :01:

j2k4
08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry to have lagged so badly in adding my congratulations, Brenda, and say that I hope you have survived the educational process unscathed. :)