PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent Movie.....Get Rich Or Die Tryin' trailer

Busyman
08-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/getrichordietryin/grodt_qt_l.html)

Looks pretty good. I think it's written by the writer of the Sopranos and was originally supposed to be titled "Locked and Loaded".

ziggyjuarez
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
I hate his music but the movie doesnt look too bad.They should do is follow him around with a cameria and film him shooting niggaz up in the club for real.

Busyman
08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I hate his music but the movie doesnt look too bad.They should do is follow him around with a cameria and film him shooting niggaz up in the club for real.
Who the fuck is "niggaz"? :huh:

ziggyjuarez
08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
its slang for people.mostlikely one of african history.I'v heard it in one of 50s songs.Aparently he hates them.

Busyman
08-16-2005, 05:09 PM
its slang for people.mostlikely one of african history.I'v heard it in one of 50s songs.Aparently he hates them.
Are you white?

neon
08-17-2005, 02:02 AM
yay 50cent leaching from pure artists again :)
arewell at least were not getting told "what to do and make"
stupid puppet, hope this move has some action in it though

maebach
08-17-2005, 05:07 AM
Are you white?

does it matter? and I too think this movies gonna suck like 8 miles

Mr. Blunt
08-17-2005, 05:11 AM
50 Cent sucks ass. The movie does look good though. I can't believe that 50 Cent hates "niggaz". :(

Monkeee
08-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Are you white?

Wow you serious? I loved the movie 8 mile, one of my fav movies!

Adster
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah well personally I hate rap but thats besdies teh point

i watched teh 8 mile for a laugh becaue I hate emenem and didn't think it was too bad.

but I can see being in the top 10 worst in teh IMDB site.. isnt Puff daddy crap or some other crap like that form pop artist are in there spice girls miarah Carey?

Formula1
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM

Wow you serious? I loved the movie 8 mile, one of my fav movies!

same here, 8mile was great.

Busyman
08-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Are you white?

Yes it does and 8 Mile was a good movie.

manker
08-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Why does it matter if he is white. Is 'niggaz' something you can only write if you're black.

Peerzy
08-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Are you white?

Are you American?

maebach
08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I didnt know so many people like 8 mile. I can't believe they make biographies of rappers.

Busyman
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I didnt know so many people like 8 mile. I can't believe they make biographies of rappers.
I wouldn't be too surprised. In America, rap is the top-selling music genre so movies and documentaries about rap would seem pretty smart to make.

A documentary about Green Day would probably do shit.....but then again it's also about how the movie was made and not always about who it was about that makes a movie good. :dog: Run-On :dog:

Cheese
08-17-2005, 06:40 PM
I have a video of 50 Cent getting booed off stage and cups of piss thrown at him at Reading last year. That was funny, probably the best film you'll ever see him in. Coincidentally, Green Day came on after him and rocked the place. :01:

ziggyjuarez
08-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I have a video of 50 Cent getting booed off stage and cups of piss thrown at him at Reading last year. That was funny, probably the best film you'll ever see him in. Coincidentally, Green Day came on after him and rocked the place. :01:
:lol: upload it

Busyman
08-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Reading what...Pennsylvania or is it somewhere in Europe?

That has got to be funny as hell. :lol: :lol:

Why the hell was 50 Cent even in the same concert as Green Day? :blink:

Smith
08-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Ugh, i guess hes making this because alot of people say hes a fake. Which im sure he is but whatever.

Busyman
08-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Ugh, i guess hes making this because alot of people say hes a fake. Which im sure he is but whatever.
....it could be because he wants to make money...

It's a smart move. I mean his first and second albums sold like a motherfucker.

Shit I even liked his first album. :blink:

People all around here know the beginning of In Da Club....

"Its your birthday...We gon' party like it's your birthday."

There are many rappers who aren't fake but just fucking stupid.

Rapper Cassidy is up for gun possession, murder, and more stuff. If you've got the money and you finally "made it", STFU, STFB and enjoy it.

Ironically, rapper 50 Cent's name was taken from a street thug named 50 Cent.

rnichilo
08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
hmmm interesting. :ermm:

maebach
08-17-2005, 10:59 PM
maybe it was a charity event?

Busyman
08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
maybe it was a charity event?
...or maybe it was a Green Day crowd and not a 50 Cent crowd. :1eye:

Cheese
08-17-2005, 11:14 PM

Reading, UK. Pretty much a rock festival which explains why 50 Cent got booed/booted off-stage by the crowd. Rockers don't like rappers.

I have no idea why the bookers decided to have 50 Cent there, to me it would be akin to having George Bush lecture at a Democrat convention...:ermm:

It's on all the filesharing networks (emule for sure) for those interested. I was there in person, actually felt sorry for the guy 'cos he tried to play out his set anyhows. I think the camping chair that was thrown at him was the last straw.

4play
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
the highlight of reading had to be throwing mud at 50 cent.

http://www.zen33069.zen.co.uk/50.mpg (10mb version )

cpt_azad
08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Are you white?

8 Mile was fuckin awesome man, it was a really good movie, especially for a musician (admit it, most people in music don't make good movies).

Busyman
08-18-2005, 12:43 AM

Reading, UK. Pretty much a rock festival which explains why 50 Cent got booed/booted off-stage by the crowd. Rockers don't like rappers.

I have no idea why the bookers decided to have 50 Cent there, to me it would be akin to having George Bush lecture at a Democrat convention...:ermm:

It's on all the filesharing networks (emule for sure) for those interested. I was there in person, actually felt sorry for the guy 'cos he tried to play out his set anyhows. I think the camping chair that was thrown at him was the last straw.
Hell there are many rappers that don't and it can't all be about jealousy 'cause he insults many of them.

I think he'll be shot soon. :( :)

Busyman
08-18-2005, 12:47 AM

Hilarious!!! :lol: :lol:

maebach
08-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Wasn't this movie shot in Toronto?

ziggyjuarez
08-18-2005, 05:29 AM

Hilarious!!! :lol: :lol:
not really.I was hopeing for a full out boooo! like jessica simpsons sister.

rnichilo
08-21-2005, 08:41 PM
deff looks good!

Busyman
12-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Saw it last night and sorry to say it but....it was good.:(

Interesting that the fat fella flunky for 50 Cent also played a fat fella flunky in 8 Mile.:huh: (I liked this better than 8 Mile btw)

I also have never seen Adewale play a part without an African accent. He was excellent.

It quite obvious who shot 50 but the movie tries to make it like a surprise and whatnot.

Now there needs to be a movie about how The Game got shot.

Formula1
12-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Lol, this got 2.4/10 from imdb.com :lol:

Busyman
12-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Lol, this got 2.4/10 from imdb.com :lol:
Too bad I don't go by internetgeekratings for my viewing choices.:ermm:

This review helps explain why.....

This movie is horrendous. The terrific directing cannot separate the fact that this movie is perhaps one of the worst 'I sell records, why not make an album?' movies ever. He cannot act, sounds like he is reading his lines from a textbook, and his feelings range from dumb to ohmygod! The visual style of this movie acts, and the whole film seems like a horrible stereotype developed by racists (of all colors) who see inner city blacks as nothing but criminals. It is a shame that nice movies set to an African American theme flop, but movies that showcase the worst in society that affect kids do so well.

This fella has a bug up his ass about stereotypes but the movie is the movie.
The movie had a black criminal enterprise so wtf is it supposed to have in it asians and cauc-asians? Hell the movie is somewhat biographical ffs.

The one line where 50 says, "I'm a gangsta and I'm proud of it" was the only time I can say he sounded like he was reading. Other than that, he was decent.

Wow and many of those reviews either..

Don't like 50's music adn don't like him anyway
Say he is depicting a bad stereotype so the movie sucked
Said ALL of the acting was horrendous

I was quite entertained by the movie and I'm no 50 Cent fan...but hell I also liked Menace II Society, Boyz In The Hood, and Paid In Full.:happy:

ApacNTS
12-11-2005, 05:48 PM
hah that video of him getting booed and stuff thrown at him was hilarious. "ah fucking hell, balls, get off the stage" haha so great.

Busyman
12-11-2005, 06:38 PM
hah that video of him getting booed and stuff thrown at him was hilarious. "ah fucking hell, balls, get off the stage" haha so great.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's was quite funny. Cheese said that was at a Green Day concert that he attended.

4play
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
it was reading festival green day where headlining.

99shassan
12-11-2005, 11:57 PM
How come there havn't been any TS or even TC's of get rich or die tryin?

lightshow
12-12-2005, 12:21 AM
How come there havn't been any TS or even TC's of get rich or die tryin?

I think you got that the other way around. TS's are more common than TC's....

And I'm still impressed whenever I see a TC because of the whole process involved in making it :drools:

99shassan
12-12-2005, 01:29 AM
it doesn't matter which way round i said it, its been out for a while. is it that crap. there must be worse taht gets released

KDB3K
12-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Indeed, I figured for sure that there would be more releases than this.