PDA

View Full Version : Excel quiz

BawA
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
any one knows which formula adds a autofill filter in a cell, for example when going in a cell a drop down menu apears and gives some values.

Barbarossa
08-17-2005, 01:50 PM
any one knows which formula adds a autofill filter in a cell, for example when going in a cell a drop down menu apears and gives some values.

To do autofilter on a column, select the column, go to the data menu, then Filter, then tick AutoFilter.

To have a drop-down list for allowable values in a cell, go the the data menu, select validation, and select List, and choose a range of cells where the list values are held (usually hidden in the main spreadsheet somewhere)

BawA
08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
thanks dude, that realy worked.
i knew about that option but some how it didnt work, i couldnt select ranges by holding ctrl button but by highlighting it did work.
one more thing how can i hidde the source cells(for the list) from the page so it wont be printed, like u said hidden.

Barbarossa
08-17-2005, 02:10 PM
thanks dude, that realy worked.
i knew about that option but some how it didnt work, i couldnt select ranges by holding ctrl button but by highlighting it did work.
one more thing how can i hidde the source cells(for the list) from the page so it wont be printed, like u said hidden.

No probs..

I just normally choose an unused column for those values, and then opt to hide that whole column.

BawA
08-17-2005, 06:31 PM
but how to hide them, in cell format there is an hide option but it says to look the sheet and then the function will work.
edit:
got it.

Peerzy
08-19-2005, 08:42 AM
How did you get it to work?

Also where's the quiz :unsure:

Barbarossa
08-19-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure what he's on about. To hide a column, you don't need to protect the sheet. Just select the whole column, click on format, then column, then hide... :unsure:

...and you are correct, not much of a quiz was it? :snooty:

BawA
08-19-2005, 04:59 PM
barbarossa, i did the column hide thing but before i thought ur talking about the hide and lock option in cell format.

and btw i ment question

BawA
08-20-2005, 11:50 AM
hey one more question
how to convert an amount(number) to text.
eg:
one thousand two hundred thirty four

i tried a formula called BAHTTEXT, its supposed to do the job but the language is diffrent, help page says i must change the reginal option in Cp but i cant find a usefull thing there.

edit:
got it again
excel doesnt have this function on its on but with some add ons do it, also there is a script from MS which do this thing but its costumize for dollar only like it has cent and dollar word in it.

edit:
Fixed the Currency problem also.