PDA

View Full Version : Downloading At Below Zero

TrIpMiX
04-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Is this becuse their conection is that slow or are the just keeping to many slots open? Or is it just me who get a list whit 20 user that looks like this
and so on, this is very anoying, is their a remedy like som prog that will let me download from users that will give me, let say a least 5.00?

How many files are you shareing? I'm curious, Shareing 3428files at the moment (alot of crap some good). And at last do anyone know if there is a good copy of Daredevil on kazaa, if so what do i search for? thx

SAS
04-13-2003, 07:53 AM
Yep most of the bellow 1kbs are dilleups... :angry:
With K++ or more often Kazaa set to unlimited uploads…
When they should set there upload slot:-

56kbs - 1 UL
125kbs - 2 UL
600kbs - 4 UL
1 Meg - 9 UL

Can vary deepens on the files you are sharing…

Don’t forget as you may have read you can only download as fast as an Up Load speed…
In my case I have an NTL 600kbs UL of 120 ish so I have 3 slots open most user get around 12kbs as File sharing program will only use 10% of you band with any way…

I share any thing up to 1000 files I only have a 40gig HD need a new one…

What is your connection and K++ settings?

Regards
SAS :ph34r:

kylman5000
04-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I think all dial-ups should not share, and just let us do it. Because the way i see it, it just wastes my download bandwidth to download at .05kb/s of a 700mb movie! we should have a kazupernode only for people of high bandwidth.

I pay for extra bandwidth and so should they if they want free stuff. And with satilite now, you cant give me the reason that it is not availible in your area.

edit

Downloading At Below ZeroUnder zero is negative. You should have said, under 1.

SAS
04-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Kylman5000 you spot on mate... :P
But I am sure that this posting is about to turn ugly now the poor dialup are egoing to type like creasy to have there say, I have had this before with Online gaming… :angry:
One user insisted he could play online and not lag lol not funny XXXX dialups..

I apologies if you have dialup and you can’t get Broadband in your area yet…

Regards
SAS :ph34r:

TrIpMiX
04-13-2003, 08:19 PM
I am not quite sure about my connection but the fastes I can get a download to go is 80.00kb/s and my k++ settings are uploads 4, set
to optimal bandwhit use when comp is ideal, downloading 3 files at the time.

I apologies if you have dialup and you can’t get Broadband in your area yet…
I live in a VERY small country town in Norway B) , anyone can get it, it's 2003 evrything is wireless an shit.

I think all dial-ups should not share, and just let us do it. Because the way i see it, it just wastes my download bandwidth to download at .05kb/s of a 700mb movie! we should have a kazupernode only for people of high bandwidth.
I tought about that too, good idea kylman5000, and yeah below zero is kind of stupid ha :unsure:

Peace
TrIpMiX

Wizzandabe
04-13-2003, 08:23 PM
i got mine set yo 8.

J'Pol
04-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Seems a bit harsh, not to allow people with 56k connections to share. Just a bit elitist if you ask me.

I am lucky enough to have a cable connection, but then I make my own decisions and can aford it. There are people who either cannot get it, or cannot justify the expense.

There are others, perhaps living with parents, who don't have the choice and either their parents won't get it or again cannot afford it.

I am quite happy for people with a slower connection to share files with me. I would rather have them than a fast leech any day.

lawks
04-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Some of us are on a fast connection, and for some reason people keep aborting their downloads, in theory they should go at a reasonable rate, but it might be cause im on a uni connection and its a bit funny about letting people on the outside in. So its not just people on dial up and some people do have problems, they arent doing it on purpose!

phalkon30
04-14-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 02:34
I completely disagree with you on that

Who cares really? with multi sourced downloading, every little bit helps you get your file, so why does it matter?

Sure, when you download a file it would be nice to see if that user is dialup or cable (like winmx has), but the ping rates give you a decent idea of that even

RealitY
04-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by phalkon30+14 April 2003 - 07:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phalkon30 @ 14 April 2003 - 07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 02:34
I think all dial-ups should not share, and just let us do it. Because the way i see it, it just wastes my download bandwidth to download at .05kb/s of a 700mb movie&#33; we should have a kazupernode only for people of high bandwidth.
I completely disagree with you on that

Who cares really? with multi sourced downloading, every little bit helps you get your file, so why does it matter?

Sure, when you download a file it would be nice to see if that user is dialup or cable (like winmx has), but the ping rates give you a decent idea of that even [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t like seeing multiple below 1&#39;s either, but again as stated here, who cares.
As a former 56ker my ul was 1, now on cable at least 5 or more.

Switeck
04-14-2003, 01:45 PM
If you find someone with a slow upload speed (like 0.5KB/sec or less), message them with a reasonable (not angry) message that they may have their upload slots set too high.

For many users, it would ALSO help to set upload BANDWIDTH in Kazaa (lite++ for us...) to no more than the max upload speed our ISP allows. If you only have 128kbps upload bw on your cablemodem/dsl, and you have upload bandwidth in KL++ set to unlimited then it&#39;ll try to push out 200kbps in a second and >80kbps will fail, get lost, have to be resent, etc -- and your ISP is counting part of those oversends against your limited max speed -- so you end up getting LESS out than if set to 128kbps max in KL++. Plus, it makes everything else slower.

I&#39;d rather have 56k modems sharing only 1 slot at 24kilobits (that&#39;s 3 KB/sec) -- that way it doesn&#39;t hurt them as much... and a rare extra download source at 2-3 KB/sec is certainly nicer than the not-so-rare download speeds of <0.2KB/sec.

RealitY
04-15-2003, 12:02 AM
I might also add from another post...

I have noticed since upgrading to 2.10 and using kazap it seems something slowed down. WTF is it set for default to search every 10 seconds, this must eat bandwidth. I even remember earlier versions of Speedup warning not to over use as it would eat bandwidth as well. I am currently testing with kazap on and off, seems to f**k up dl speed and may conflict with Speedup running at the same time. I don&#39;t think 2.10 should have been packaged with both. There may be alot of users running this without even knowing it. I suggest you use Speedup and pause kazap (should be eliminated from the program). I set Speedup to Find More Sources every 60 seconds, what about the rest of you. I am swaying to believe this is to much and every 300 seconds or in between may be better.

Well thats it, for a couple of weeks I couldn&#39;t get speeds beyond 25kb/s, ocasionally 75kb/s but it dropped down quickly. I thought I might just be digging hard to find files, although I had mutiple users all with shiity width (below 1), they couldn&#39;t all be 56kers? I turned off KaZap and like magic 100kb/s steady and more&#33;&#33; Well so much for that.

One additional comment that was poted to the above was...

kylman5000 Posted: 14 April 2003 - 23:12
It all depends on the situation. I turn off kazap when i connect at above 50, otherwise, i just leave it on. just jump supernodes every couple of hours, if you cant find a fast user.

Funny to see his name in my post considering :rolleyes:
But this is true, and a happy medium. Although I have gone back to Speedup, remembering if it ain&#39;t broke and your happy (which I was), don&#39;t fix it (true up to a point).

phalkon30
04-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Kazap has been removed allready I think, and soon neither speedup nor kazap will be included, the latest k++ extensions will include a speedup utility built in

Searching any more than 30 seconds is insane and not needed, anything below 60 seconds IMO is too often

Ynhockey
04-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, personally i never used P2P when i had 56k. I just thought that i wouldn&#39;t be able to do anything with it and at that time i knew a lot of sites and FTPs where i could dl... unfortunately, they&#39;re all dead now :(

As for downloading below 1, it is a part of p2p. I&#39;m usually really happy to get 1 kB/s per source &#39;cause i often have 20+ sources for common files and the speed is good as far as i see it - i don&#39;t expect to get more than 20 kB/s anyway unless it&#39;s a really common file.

Anyway, if you leave a file for the night, who cares what speed you get ? 8 hours is usually enough to download anything on FastTrack, and if it isn&#39;t you still have school/work time which is around 9-10 hours, so you have 17-18 hours in total every 24 hours only to download&#33; Who cares if you sometimes get pathetic speeds ?

Anyway, that&#39;s my 2 cents.

m8t
04-18-2003, 01:02 PM
:o hi there &#33;
let&#39;s not get too elitist&#33; as already pointed out not every file swapper can afford cable. i had 56k i now have cable (been there done that). and don&#39;t forget the upload on your page might be .05kb and on nine other pages as well equalling a pretty good 5kps. as we already know the more we share the quicker it moves from .05 to 5kps. when someone is uploading from me at .25 kps or whatever. i never kick them, they are conscious of the slow uptake and quite alarmingly i get a message from the uploading user asking to let them hang in there. i have a standard reply TAKE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE, the file your uploading came from k++
regards
m8t :angry:

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by m8t@18 April 2003 - 14:02
:o hi there &#33;
let&#39;s not get too elitist&#33; as already pointed out not every file swapper can afford cable. i had 56k i now have cable (been there done that). and don&#39;t forget the upload on your page might be .05kb and on nine other pages as well equalling a pretty good 5kps. as we already know the more we share the quicker it moves from .05 to 5kps. when someone is uploading from me at .25 kps or whatever. i never kick them, they are conscious of the slow uptake and quite alarmingly i get a message from the uploading user asking to let them hang in there. i have a standard reply TAKE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE, the file your uploading came from k++
regards
m8t :angry:
That is a real sharers attitude.

Haven&#39;t had cause to do this for a while. You get the Top Man of the Day award.

Switeck
04-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by m8t@18 April 2003 - 08:02
and don&#39;t forget the upload on your page might be .05kb and on nine other pages as well equalling a pretty good 5kps. as we already know the more we share the quicker it moves from .05 to 5kps.
10 times .05kps is only .5kps -- if that&#39;s all your cablemodem is uploading, it&#39;s broken. :P

If you&#39;re sharing huge numbers of files (2,000+), it slows down your downloads and uploads a little. The &#39;sweet spot&#39; for me is about 300-500 files shared.

If someone is downloading very slowly from me, I message them and ask if they want any tips to speed it up.

phalkon30
04-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Uh, is there a mod in the house?

J'Pol
04-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Probably as well waiting until he´s finished then cleaning up the mess. He´ll just keep doing it anyway.