PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7 Beta

matt526
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I have installed Internet Explorer 7 Beta and have been using it for two days now. so far I like it :D . I know it’s only the 1st of two beta version but it’s already better then Internet Explorer 6
I really like the tabs!! :w00t:

Busyman
08-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I have installed Internet Explorer 7 Beta and have been using it for two days now. so far I like it :D . I know it’s only the 1st of two beta version but it’s already better then Internet Explorer 6
Is that your first time using a tabbed browser?

ziggyjuarez
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I hate tabbs:frusty: I hope Theres an option to turn it off :-(

matt526
08-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Is that your first time using a tabbed browser?

yes I have used tabs before in Netscape and Firefox

sparsely
08-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I see nothing to be excited about yet, but they're doing a decent job of trying to catch up with the last 7 years of browser development.
We'll see how the standards implementation goes.

tesco
08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I see nothing to be excited about yet, but they're doing a decent job of trying to catch up with the last 7 years of browser development.
We'll see how the standards implementation goes.
Won't be good: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t99845.html

sparsely
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah i know that...but they haven't implemented any of it in the beta 1 version...
the webstandards group is still working closely with microsoft, so there is reason to think they will likely make a great deal of progress...
they've had a lot of success working with Macromedia on Dreamweavers standards/css implemenation.

you can check out their blog updates here:
http://www.webstandards.org/buzz/archive/2005_07.html

ReVLer
08-18-2005, 10:48 PM
its too late for microsoft to try and get in the game, theres already a lot of browsers that are better than explorer will ever be, mozilla, opera, avant, etc

sparsely
08-19-2005, 12:29 AM
well even if you don't use IE, we (the internet-using community...which is pretty much everybody) need it to be a lot better than it is.
As it stands, I can't think of any other single thing holding back web development more than Internet Explorer.
The lowest common denominator is is pretty much defined by it's limitations.

Busyman
08-19-2005, 03:35 AM
It's not bad but nothing to get all uppity about.

I haven't noticed any major bugs but they have left alot of stuff out.

I see it mimics FF with the Manage Add-Ons options under tools. I also like it's FULL fullscreen mode.

So far though...nothing new.

1. In fullscreen mode cannot see start bar at bottom when moving cursor there.

2. Cannot access favorites in fullscreen mode.

3. No auto-hide of favorites in regular mode.

4. No button customization in fullscreen mode.

Weird too that the site I got the beta from was super fast.

I was downloading at 500-600kb/s. I got IE7 in a heartbeat.

Barbarossa
08-19-2005, 09:14 AM
It makes me laugh that people rush to try out every latest Microsoft beta release... :lol:

As if their alpha releases aren't buggy enough for you! :dry:

Busyman
08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
It makes me laugh that people rush to try out every latest Microsoft beta release... :lol:

As if their alpha releases aren't buggy enough for you! :dry:
What "rush"?

I got it in about 20 seconds.

I try just about all the new browsers as they come out.

So far IE7 is missing shit but hasn't crashed.

FF on the other hand has crashed numerous times for different reasons.

I just don't bother with it.

matt526
08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
for the last two days I have given FF 1.7.10 a real chance, and so far I like it.
I like it better then IE6 by far. we will have to see IE7 when the real thing comes out.
the only thing I don't care for in firefox are all the damn Extensions you have to install
however once they are installed FF is very smooth and easy to use.
I think IE7 will be almost if not as good.

Busyman
08-19-2005, 02:36 PM
for the last two days I have given FF 1.7.10 a real chance, and so far I like it.
I like it better then IE6 by far. we will have to see IE7 when the real thing comes out.
the only thing I don't care for in firefox are all the damn Extensions you have to install
however once they are installed FF is very smooth and easy to use.
I think IE7 will be almost if not as good.
I like the competition. MS would have to make IE 7 have more features tha FF and as I said, it looks like they are going that route. Right now though, IE 7 is a front end shell of a browser. Tabbed Window dressing.

The main difference I see is that IE has always had add-ons/plug-ins but they cost money.

In FF they are free.

Some of the same features in FF, I've had in IE for awhile.