GepperRankins
08-19-2005, 02:02 AM
is this not more of a lounge topic?

Alien5
08-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Not again?

Everose
08-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Well, J2......seems you have only three posts on this forum.

Someone must really feel threatened by you to make you such a target.

Sorry state of affairs if you ask me. :(

GepperRankins
08-19-2005, 03:10 AM
oh it's more of an EATB topic. i thought you were commenting on why you hadn't posted recently, i didn't realise you had :naughty: honest.

it's billy setting me up, i swear :fear:

Everose
08-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Whatever.

GepperRankins
08-19-2005, 03:35 AM
you're now in the top ten on his hitlist :snooty:

Everose
08-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Well, that is apparently not a bad thing. ;) Looks like I will be in good company. :)

GepperRankins
08-19-2005, 04:11 AM
none of the geppers are on there. what are you talking about?

Everose
08-19-2005, 04:17 AM
Try harder. ;) I guess anything is possible. :D

GepperRankins
08-19-2005, 04:24 AM
*i started writing some mad story about him then realised it could go bad if he saw it, so i won't mention it until after this mess is sorted :schnauz:

Barbarossa
08-19-2005, 09:15 AM
So be it. ;)

Very strange.. I hope an admin can shed some light on this :unsure:

Bad luck, dude! :(

Rat Faced
08-19-2005, 11:21 AM
We're trying to figure out wtf is going on, and seeing if they can be replaced from a backup.

DanB
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
:(

DanB
08-20-2005, 01:09 AM
it seems someone really doesn't like you. I wonder how that could have happened

whypikonme
08-20-2005, 04:16 AM
Am l missing something here? You've disappeared, but you're still here? How does that work? :huh:

GepperRankins
08-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Am l missing something here? You've disappeared, but you're still here? How does that work? :huh:
click J2's name then click find more posts...

there should be about 4000 of them but there's only about 7

clocker
08-20-2005, 05:32 PM
If j2's post have disappeared for good then we have well and truly suffered a great loss.
Besides the accumulated wit and wisdom, the overabundance of multisyllabic words acted as an anchor, without which the entire Foum could come adrift and float away.

Biggles
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Such a loss could indeed interfere with cosmic balances and send our feeble planet hurling into the void.

:ph34r:

I do hope it is a mere technical glitch and the posts are restored. It seems inordinately childish of anyone to have deliberately hacked into J2s profile to do such a thing.

On the other hand, we have had a few on the lighter side of emotionally mature pass through our hallowed halls, I suppose anything is possible. :blink:

Rat Faced
08-20-2005, 07:08 PM
They're back now, arent they? :unsure:

Biggles
08-20-2005, 07:14 PM
They're back now, arent they? :unsure:

Yup!

manker
08-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Great news.

Now, is there any news on plugging the fucking great security hole that keeps allowing this type of thing to happen.

clocker
08-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Actually, I think he's disappeared from this thread now, too.

What is going on?

JPaul
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Actually, I think he's disappeared from this thread now, too.

What is going on?
Poor show all round methinks.

manker
08-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Obviously, someone has administrative access to FST and can delete stuff at will.

Maybe the team would like to address this now.

sArA
08-20-2005, 11:07 PM
The admins are looking into it again...meanwhile...deja vu..... :(

peat moss
08-21-2005, 04:35 AM
Nice thing is all lot of people are going to bat for him , trying to get it fixed . I know I'd be pissed of if it was me . But thought it was great that so many cared and want it corrected .

JPaul
08-21-2005, 08:39 AM
The admins are looking into it again...meanwhile...deja vu..... :(
Yeah right, you said that the last time.

Busyman
08-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Nice thing is all lot of people are going to bat for him , trying to get it fixed . I know I'd be pissed of if it was me . But thought it was great that so many cared and want it corrected .
Think about it.

It's a security risk....whether it's j2 or another member.

Admin must care.

manker
08-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Think about it.

It's a security risk....whether it's j2 or another member.

Admin must care.Yeah, they care enough to take exactly the same, useless, preventative measures as they did the last time it happened.

Pointless.
(http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=100662)

whypikonme
08-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah, they care enough to take exactly the same, useless, preventative measures as they did the last time it happened.

Maybe you should explain to them how to do it properly.

manker
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, they care enough to take exactly the same, useless, preventative measures as they did the last time it happened.

Maybe you should explain to them how to do it properly.There's no maybe about it and my feelings are well known - but you, what with being tied up being a professional arse at the club, might not be aware of this.

Since admin cannot prevent this from happening with this board software, we should go back to IPB.

whypikonme
08-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Maybe you should explain to them how to do it properly.There's no maybe about it and my feelings are well known - but you, what with being tied up being a professional arse at the club, might not be aware of this.

Since admin cannot prevent this from happening with this board software, we should go back to IPB.

Personal insults again? They really are no substitute for intelligence you know. Still, you do so well as a smartarse that l don't blame you for sticking with it.

PS: IPB has security flaws too, but of course you knew that.

manker
08-21-2005, 01:25 PM
There's no maybe about it and my feelings are well known - but you, what with being tied up being a professional arse at the club, might not be aware of this.

Personal insults again? They really are no substitute for intelligence you know. Still, you do so well as a smartarse that l don't blame you for sticking with it.

PS: IPB has security flaws too, but of course you knew that.See, you lament about the personal insults and then you fling one of your own.

Hypocrisy is the domain of the intellectually feeble.

Anyhow, On IPB there was one problem wrt security, as far as I'm aware. It was unrelated and the problem (smiley generator) was taken away. There were never problems of this nature.

Wheras IPB is certainly not a panacea, it is a proactive step in curbing this particular problem.

whypikonme
08-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Hypocrisy is the domain of the intellectually feeble.

l'm glad you agree, but it just makes me wonder why you persist.

Anyhow, On IPB there was one problem wrt security, as far as I'm aware. It was unrelated and the problem (smiley generator) was taken away. There were never problems of this nature.

Yes there are, as the admin of DietK will testify, their site was completely lost. IPB is currently at version 2.0.4, two of those upgrades were serious security patches.

Wheras IPB is certainly not a panacea, it is a proactive step in curbing this particular problem.

Don't you mean pancake?

notforlong
08-21-2005, 01:56 PM
deleted

RPerry
08-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, then...

Let's see, I can't access anything at all as j2k4, I can't get a new password as j2k4-it rejects my e-mail addy (already in use, you see), so I can't read the PMs I keep getting notes for.

I've gotten 3 unsolicited "you have requested a new password" e-mails from the board.

I whipped up a hotmail account just to post this little note.

Rossco:

I will be glad to provide any cooperation or info I have (which amounts to nothing, actually) so that you might get this sorted.

Problem being, you have to sort it to communicate with me, so...
lmfao.... oops :(

RPerry
08-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Obviously, someone has administrative access to FST and can delete stuff at will.

Maybe the team would like to address this now.

if this were true, some bastard would have done much worse, you saw what happened when someone gained access to a Moderators account .... Imagine worse if it were an admins account

JPaul
08-21-2005, 02:30 PM
I think it's an admin / mod who is sometimes a wee bit mental.

Occums Razor.

Why would someone hack the board and delete one persons posts. It seems a bit disproportionate

If it's someone who can hack the board then you really do have a problem and urgent action really is needed.

Everose
08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I am glad you made it back, J2. :)

Always makes me wonder, when one's posts have been removed, what undebatable truths they have spoken that cannot be discredited, therefore need to be destroyed. ;-)

Hang on to your tailfeathers, though. Expect alternative theories on what possibly could have happened to your posts. :lol:

lynx
08-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I wonder if he made an application to be JPaul's mortal enemy no 1?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t100738.html

Rat Faced
08-21-2005, 04:42 PM
J2 isnt the only one thats been affected this way in the past.

If it wasnt for TRShady, i'd say it was someone that hated Drawing Room posters :ph34r:

As it is, there is no evidence to say they were delibratly deleted.. they just disappeared.

If this is a hack, as has been suggested then we have a major problem, as has been pointed out.

If its a glitch in the program, we still have a major problem, but its not the same sort of problem that is necessarily cured by going back to a program we know is easily hacked.

Just hope kev has the patience to stay with us as we try and sort it out.. would be pissing me off big time. :cry:

whypikonme
08-22-2005, 03:04 AM
l think it's time to point the finger ... Manker did it!

manker
08-22-2005, 08:12 AM
l think it's time to point the finger ... Manker did it!:lol:

Ike and Ross (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1116684&postcount=16) already think it was me.

I think this presentiment is because of the oath of execration I've sworn on those who use bigger words than wot I do.

JPaul
08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
l think it's time to point the finger

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5382/boss12ux.gif

Barbarossa
08-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Just sneeze already!! :angry:

EDIT: Oh, thought this was the lounge..

Errr, on-topic... I could have sworn J2K4 started this thread, has he vanished again? :unsure:

Cheese
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Why just J2? There are loads of other obnoxious people on this board to delete. Including me.

GepperRankins
08-22-2005, 05:29 PM
maybe the vB coders hid some kind of delete everything easter egg that's activated by a word that they expected nobody to ever use.

however, it's cool to hate on billy. so he did it :dry:

RPerry
08-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Just sneeze already!! :angry:

EDIT: Oh, thought this was the lounge..

Errr, on-topic... I could have sworn J2K4 started this thread, has he vanished again? :unsure:

For whatever reason, the backup that was given to the team was old, hopefully they'll get a newer backup so they can replace the rest of the posts
:blink: