PDA

View Full Version : confused

snarfsnarf
08-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I have just finished downloading a torrent and I can't open any of the files. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I could do to try to open them? I was downloading Macromedia Studio Mx. Obviously, I have no idea as to what's happened. Sorry for sounding so noobish, but I am. Okay, thanks a lot.

Gripper
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Are they rared if so creat a folder and unrar them to it ,you should then be able to read the.nfo and enjoy your program.

snarfsnarf
08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
I downloaded WinRAR and tried to extract from those files, but I guess there is nothing to extract. The four file types are ccd, cue, img, and sub.

Gripper
08-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Look at the answers here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t93791.html they should help

orcutt989
08-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I downloaded WinRAR and tried to extract from those files, but I guess there is nothing to extract. The four file types are ccd, cue, img, and sub.

Those are disc images. The Macromedia Studio MX, is on 1 cd in reality. So these people made an "Image" of the disc that is sharable. Its like you have a virtual CD floating around on your computer that you can send to people, and they can "Mount" this on a virtual drive. You could download WinISO (Google it) and then you could double click the IMG file, and extract everything, and then run the setup file. Or you could get Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% or any other virtual drive software, to create a virtual drive to mount the image, and then it will autorun like a regular disc, and then it will install as if you inserted a disc into the drive.

snarfsnarf
08-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Thank you both for your help.