PDA

View Full Version : help the poor newbie

DirtyG
08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
well im downloading a movei on bitcomet, its 4gb, gets to 96% and stops , nobody has got a 100% file?? how dosey is that not having a 100% file. anyway what can i do?

Gripper
08-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Use the search button,using the words "file stuck",lots of possible answers to the problem in there

DirtyG
08-22-2005, 05:34 PM
well im using bitcomet and i cannot seem to find a way to contact the owner of the torrent and i cannot open the files as they are. Theres only 144mb left to go out of 4gb so you can imagine how angry i am.

RPerry
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
perhaps the uploader has gone offline for some reason, how long has it been stuck ? This has happened to me on some smaller trackers, but the upoader has always come back :)

DirtyG
08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I had this on for most of sunday afternoon and i continued it again this morning . it stopped at 96.4% and been there for about 3.5 hours.

sArA
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Maybe the uploader's computer crashed, maybe his mum wanted to surf the net, maybe their kid brother wanted to do some online gaming, maybe they have gone away for a few days.......

There are many reasons why an uploader might disappear, a few days wait is not unusual, particularly if there are not many seeds. Just keep it open and wait, as RPerry said, they usually come back.

manker
08-23-2005, 09:03 AM
If the seeder doesn't come back:

Do a search on other torrest sites for the exact same file and try to jump on a torrent swarm.

Note: It has to be exactly the same file - for example, if you're stuck at 96% on The Skeleton Key TS xVID-LRC then jumping on a torrent labelled the.Skeleton.Key.TC.XviD-ASTEROiDS won't work. It has to be exactly the same file.

Once you've found it, tell your client to download it to the same folder as the one that's stuck at 96% is in.

Alien5
08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
If the seeder doesn't come back:

Do a search on other torrest sites for the exact same file and try to jump on a torrent swarm.

Note: It has to be exactly the same file - for example, if you're stuck at 96% on The Skeleton Key TS xVID-LRC then jumping on a torrent labelled the.Skeleton.Key.TC.XviD-ASTEROiDS won't work. It has to be exactly the same file.

Once you've found it, tell your client to download it to the same folder as the one that's stuck at 96% is in. you should delete the ms info document , before you start the download :)

zenonox
08-23-2005, 04:51 PM
just give it some time...

by the way: in Azureaus you can check the availability of a torrent

ModestoMouse
08-23-2005, 08:33 PM
just keep on leeching, the seeder probabally just left for a while. Chances are on a fairly active file that a seeder will come back. If you're the only leecher of the file however you could be waiting a looooooong time. It's best to leech in a swarm. I love the terminology!

theSpam
08-24-2005, 11:28 PM

The same infohash is also needed.