PDA

View Full Version : mute firefox

slim150
08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Anyone know of an extension that will mute sounds coming from firefox? Or even IE for that matter. Basically the reason why is some flash games I enjoy playing have annoying repeative sounds with no way to disable it, and I want to play music while I play.

sparsely
08-22-2005, 10:08 PM
most flash things have a thign to turn of the sound.
yeah, that makes sense.

slim150
08-22-2005, 10:18 PM
most flash things have a thign to turn of the sound.
yeah, that makes sense.

you mean when you right click it? most of the games i play doesnt have that unfortuneatly

Cheese
08-23-2005, 12:17 AM
I was wondering about this a while back, some of the games in the arcade here don't have a mute option which is kind of annoying.

Santa
08-23-2005, 12:27 AM
google found this http://www.google.no/search?q=disable+flash+sound&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
not quite what you want but im sure youll find other solutions

"this is how you block background sounds:
put this in your userContent.css file:

/* block embedded sounds */
embed[src*=”.mid”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.mp2”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.mp3”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.mp4”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.wav”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.wma”] { display: none !important }

this will block anything in an embed tag with .mid … in it. unlike adblock, you can still search for mid on google :) and download mp3’s from a direct link, etc. you can also use this to block embedded mov, mpg, etc.

(on windows, you can find that here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxx.default\chrome\userContent.css)
(you have to create that file, it won’t be there if you haven’t already)

sparsely
08-23-2005, 01:08 AM
or use the ChromEdit extension to do it easily ;)

nice find 100

slim150
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
google found this http://www.google.no/search?q=disable+flash+sound&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
not quite what you want but im sure youll find other solutions

"this is how you block background sounds:
put this in your userContent.css file:

/* block embedded sounds */
embed[src*=”.mid”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.mp2”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.mp3”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.mp4”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.wav”] { display: none !important }
embed[src*=”.wma”] { display: none !important }

this will block anything in an embed tag with .mid … in it. unlike adblock, you can still search for mid on google :) and download mp3’s from a direct link, etc. you can also use this to block embedded mov, mpg, etc.

(on windows, you can find that here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxx.default\chrome\userContent.css)
(you have to create that file, it won’t be there if you haven’t already)

neat!