PDA

View Full Version : How would you

ian_28
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Go about buying a island around thailand area as it is only a small island, how much would you think an island would go for with it's own beach. If you can tell me i will let you have a free holiday there when i buy it.

sparsely
08-22-2005, 09:44 PM
5 easy payments of 29.99

and one reaaaallly difficult payment.

now, where's my margarita, dammit? :angry:

Gemby!
08-22-2005, 10:04 PM
OI BITCH !!

... after that im lost .....

tesco
08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
5 easy payments of 29.99

And if you call now they'll throw in t hee fre potato peeler. :01:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
5 easy payments of 29.99

What would it take for you to throw in a few locals to oppress?

Gemby!
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
5 easy payments of 29.99

whats the number and where do i sign ? :w00t:

tesco
08-22-2005, 10:51 PM

What would it take for you to throw in a few locals to oppress?
Well as luck would have it, we'll do just that for the next 5 minutes, for no extra charge!

But wait, mention my name (rossco) and you'll only be required 1, that's right 1, payment!

This is a limited time offer folks, hurry up and call!

ian_28
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
erm i thought this thread was about how i can buy an island, if johnny depp can buy one so can i, you know the saying whats good for the goose is good for the ganda.

Rat Faced
08-22-2005, 11:15 PM
I know I could buy a 250m2 5 Bed/5 Bathroom house with swimming pool for about £100,000 over there... :unsure:

Only one km from the Hua Hin bypass road, this large, handsome villa sits on a large 8,610 sq.ft. plot with a huge freeform swimming pool and spa in the garden. Built with insulated walls and roof which keep the house cool, this is a home of western quality built in a quiet, rural location only 12 kms from Hua Hin town centre and beach.

Downstairs, the living and dining room has a grand entrance from the front porch and offers double doors leading out onto the 25 m² garden terrace overlooking the pool. The large modern kitchen is fully equipped with nice granite tops and hardwood cupboards. There is also a maid's room, two storerooms and a WC on the ground floor. The wide hardwood staircase leads to the four upstairs bedrooms, each with ensuite bathrooms and balconies. The master suite has a large veranda above the garden terrace

But an Island?

How big? Ammenities? How isolated...

You gotta give us something to go on here :angry:

Santa
08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
I thought you had to be married to a local in order own land or start a business in Thailand?
does that mean Johnny has been a naughty boy?

ian_28
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
the island is not that big i have a photo if i can post it on here, however the island is desserted and not much people visit it but can be visited by boat during the day, it has no accomodation but thinking of building something on it like a bed and breakfast or small lodgings hotel or a villa so people can stay i hope this helps.

Rat Faced
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Dont think so..

Found this one that may be more up ians street for about £1,000,000...

850m2 with 3512m2 of land, on the beach...

5 Beds, 7 Bathrooms..

This incredible luxury villa stands in lush gardens on the beach 40 kms south of Hua Hin, with priceless sea views over a charming bay dotted with islands, at the foot of a spectacular mountain on the edge of Khao Sam Roi Yot national park. Built by one of Hua Hin's best and most trusted builders, the superstructure of this house is of the highest quality. Only the best teak and hardwoods, and South African and Vietnamese granites have been used in the truly fabulous interior.

In front of the house are two swimming pools. The first - the children's pool, is long and narrow, only 50 cms deep, and the water falls out of the end into the main pool with is 7 meters wide and 25 meters long. The long, beach side of this pool features the "infinity" edge such that the water seems to tumble out into the sea. On top of the house, the penthouse suite features a heated spa, also with infinity edge, and the view over the bay is simply stunning. Behind the main house is a second house for guests with a 2-bedroomed apartment, triple garage with electric doors, a maid's room, utility room and storeroom. The main house also has a maid's apartment. Offers over 75 million baht only please, and viewing by appointment only.

Nice... wish i had JP or mankers money now :( (http://www.th-property.com/Luxury_beach_house_Hua_Hin.asp)

missie
08-22-2005, 11:29 PM
My family owned an island in Norway.
It only had gooseberries on it, but it was pretty cool.

Rat Faced
08-22-2005, 11:31 PM
@100%

Thai property law

Option # 2 - Limited Company - recommended.
Foreigners, aliens, or farangs, can form a Limited Company and register the land as owned by the company. The foreigner can personally own maximum 49% of the company shares, and the remaining 51% must be in the names of Thai nationals (39% - 61% at the time of registration of the property; can be changed after). The foreigner is named sole executive director in the company's Articles of Association, and the Thai shareholder nominees all sign undated Share Transfer Contracts at the time the company is being registered. This effectively puts 100% control of the company and its assets in the hands of the foreign director. The Thai shareholders have absolutely no executive power within the company, nor need they be consulted over any issues at any time. They can also be replaced anytime at the director's wishes. (A Thai Limited Company must have minimum 7 shareholders - for example, one foreigner and six Thais). Setting up such a company takes about half an hour and your signature about 30 times.

A popular misconception which causes foreigners unneccessary concern is that such companies are owned by foreigners and could be exposed to imagined special (future) legislation by an imagined (future) extreme nationalist government with the intention of robbing foreigners of their real estate investments in Thailand. The fact is, however, that Limited Companies are owned by the shareholders, not their directors, the foreigners. As such, Limited Companies are Thai juristic entities subject to Thai commercial law, and any changes to legislation must apply to all Limited Companies, not only those whose directors happen to be foreigners. Thai law, both commercial and personal, is not so very different from legislation in most other countries, and it applies to all juristic entities in Thailand, foreign or Thai.

TH-property's associated legal firm charges 22,000 baht for the establishment of a company with the minimum requirements for ownership of land. Such companies need not do more than own property, and the required yearly audit - 0.00 baht result - costs 10,500 baht.

Better than marrying a Thai and having everything in her name, i think :rolleyes:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Dont think so..

Found this one that may be more up ians street for about £1,000,000...

850m2 with 3512m2 of land, on the beach...

5 Beds, 7 Bathrooms..

This incredible luxury villa stands in lush gardens on the beach 40 kms south of Hua Hin, with priceless sea views over a charming bay dotted with islands, at the foot of a spectacular mountain on the edge of Khao Sam Roi Yot national park. Built by one of Hua Hin's best and most trusted builders, the superstructure of this house is of the highest quality. Only the best teak and hardwoods, and South African and Vietnamese granites have been used in the truly fabulous interior.

In front of the house are two swimming pools. The first - the children's pool, is long and narrow, only 50 cms deep, and the water falls out of the end into the main pool with is 7 meters wide and 25 meters long. The long, beach side of this pool features the "infinity" edge such that the water seems to tumble out into the sea. On top of the house, the penthouse suite features a heated spa, also with infinity edge, and the view over the bay is simply stunning. Behind the main house is a second house for guests with a 2-bedroomed apartment, triple garage with electric doors, a maid's room, utility room and storeroom. The main house also has a maid's apartment. Offers over 75 million baht only please, and viewing by appointment only.

Nice... wish i had JP or mankers money now :( (http://www.th-property.com/Luxury_beach_house_Hua_Hin.asp)

Bah, only 3 balconies on that side, should have at least 8.

Rat Faced
08-22-2005, 11:37 PM
the island is not that big i have a photo if i can post it on here, however the island is desserted and not much people visit it but can be visited by boat during the day, it has no accomodation but thinking of building something on it like a bed and breakfast or small lodgings hotel or a villa so people can stay i hope this helps.

KOH TAO: GULF OF THAILAND

Aou Mao Bay in the East side of Kao Tao. No development allowed. 45 minutes by speedboat north of Samui 1 hour 40min to Chumphon--airport. Undisturbed island retreat, Crystal clear water, coral reefs & marine life. Tourists 9 months of the year with flora forest & marine granite stone monuments. The French owner is selling the lease only:

Lease price: 6.5 rai= 5.500.000 baht negotiable & 58 rai = 29.000.000 baht

58 rai = 93,000m2 approx

£1 = 75 baht approx

Santa
08-22-2005, 11:38 PM
This effectively puts 100% in control of the company and its assets in the hands of the foreign director. :01:

interesting - thanks for the facts - so its not married but shared.

Rat Faced
08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
This effectively puts 100% in control of the company and its assets in the hands of the foreign director. :01:

interesting - thanks for the facts - so its not married but shared.

You'd be the foreign director though, and therefore have 100% control of the assets, although legally the assets are owned by the company you set up..

Loopholes in every system ;)

Santa
08-22-2005, 11:44 PM
but don't forget that you as a farang (idiot tourist) don't know the "system" and have to go through a mess to get to where you want...as added bonus.
i'm not critcizing them im just saying the cultural difference can be difficult

but im sure there are real estate companies out there which live on this law (aka johnny Depp) to make it easier.

Rat Faced
08-22-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm sure of it...

There property laws are really no different from most countries' though.

I'd have to go through the same rigmarole to buy a house in Poland.. except in Poland, I couldnt just have a company that owned property. The Company would have to actually DO something, like B&B etc..

At least in Thailand, i could have a company that just owned my property.

sparsely
08-23-2005, 01:21 AM
what was the original question?

ian_28
08-23-2005, 04:13 PM
i want to buy this island http://www.phukettourism.org/krabi/att_b_phaiisland.htm

tesco
08-23-2005, 05:12 PM
i want to buy this island http://www.phukettourism.org/krabi/att_b_phaiisland.htm
Buy it, and let us come visit it.
:)

ian_28
08-23-2005, 05:28 PM
yes but how would i buy it that is the question.

ian_28
08-23-2005, 05:30 PM
what i'm trying to say is that who would i contact about buying such a thing as that.

Gripper
08-23-2005, 09:37 PM
http://www.thaiproperty.com/
try this site seems to have a fair bit of info

Rat Faced
08-23-2005, 11:02 PM
what i'm trying to say is that who would i contact about buying such a thing as that.

As its sovereign Thai land and uninhabited, your 1st stop would be the Crown Property Bureau (http://www.crownproperty.or.th/)

I didnt realise you were serious :blink:

Santa
08-23-2005, 11:28 PM

that would be amazing

http://www.phukettourism.org/krabi/images/ko_phai.jpg

sArA
08-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Can I come too? :)

DarthInsinuate
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
heh, it's pronounced "fuck it"

ogie1konobi
08-24-2005, 01:14 AM
maybe your soul or just enough cash to buy the powerful people who dont care as much for that island

ian_28
08-24-2005, 02:28 PM

As its sovereign Thai land and uninhabited, your 1st stop would be the Crown Property Bureau (http://www.crownproperty.or.th/)

erm that site is all in thai language.

DanB
08-24-2005, 03:06 PM

use babbelfish then? :unsure:

Rat Faced
08-24-2005, 03:38 PM

You expect a Thai Government website to be in Greek or something? :rolleyes:

If you contact them in English, im sure they'll respond likewise..

The "Contact Us" button is the 3rd from the left (2nd yellow one).

GepperRankins
08-24-2005, 03:54 PM
say they're harbouring terrorists then join the army