PDA

View Full Version : Crc Error,

Wizzandabe
04-13-2003, 11:18 AM
i have downlaoded a 300mb file for kazaa, and i extract it and it comes up with a CRC error. is there any app that can fix this. i have herd that winace dose the job but that ant confermed. well is there?

ijc_2003
04-13-2003, 11:56 AM
nothing can fix a crc file not unless you download with emule or edonkey these 2 programs have the ability
to fix corrupted crc downloads its just that the fastrack network is to old and unreliable, if 1 person has a corruted file and he passes it on then everybody will have it to, spreads like a virus.

only way kazaa can fix it is download the file again, but then you can get a diffrent crc file error
as i had several times.

spudlover
04-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Do a search on K for the file that has the CRC error in.

Ad
04-13-2003, 12:25 PM
yeah ive had this happen and i couldnt fix it!! :(

Wizzandabe
04-13-2003, 01:14 PM
ok, damm. not to worry, i dled it againg. and can not look for the file that is curropt cos it is a 302mb bin file.

galilette
04-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ijc_2003@13 April 2003 - 11:56
nothing can fix a crc file not unless you download with emule or edonkey these 2 programs have the ability
to fix corrupted crc downloads its just that the fastrack network is to old and unreliable, if 1 person has a corruted file and he passes it on then everybody will have it to, spreads like a virus.

only way kazaa can fix it is download the file again, but then you can get a diffrent crc file error
as i had several times.
i encountered this yesterday
that rar pack contained an iso file, and after it is extracted, winrar reported a crc error
but i still got that file extracted. i terminated the winrar thread right after the whole file was extrated before winrar had time to make a crc check (seems this error occurs just at the end of that package, which i think might be a common problem)