PDA

View Full Version : top ten most worst shit albums of all time

Adster
08-26-2005, 08:58 AM
what would yours be?? you have to have heard it all the tracks!

Vargas
08-26-2005, 02:16 PM
I won a call in contest at a radio station and i got a copy of "carol bayer sayer - two"
i can't imagine a worse album

Smith
08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
I would say the self titles blink `182 album, yah i would break up with the band too if i produced shit like that.

Also, problly every emo band ever made(pussys)

sparsely
08-26-2005, 09:16 PM
do you actually know any names of any "emo" bands? :rolleyes:

BigBank_Hank
08-26-2005, 09:45 PM
I absolutely hated The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan. I listened to the album maybe twice cover to cover and the whole thing is just really weak. It just didn’t have the distinct White Stripes sound. It sounded more like a pop album that you would here on top 40.

sparsely
08-26-2005, 09:48 PM
:ohmy:

what about Little Ghost and I'm Lonely(but i aint' that lonely yet) ?!?!
those are great songs :D

trajillo
08-27-2005, 01:28 AM
anything:
green day
eminem
2pac
simple plan

you get my drift.

Smith
08-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Im gonna agree with you on the new greenday stuff because now you cant go 2 seconds without seeing them somewere, but there old stuff was ok (not to my taste but ok)

Adster
08-27-2005, 03:20 AM
heeh i agree with all the repys here so far

Green day blink 182= all songs sound the same lets learn 1 guitar chord

trajillo
08-27-2005, 03:45 AM
indeed that all suck big time.

pusher
08-27-2005, 04:11 AM
Five For Fighting's first album sucked really bad.

brotherdoobie
08-27-2005, 04:18 AM
I would say the self titles blink `182 album, yah i would break up with the band too if i produced shit like that.

Also, problly every emo band ever made(pussys)

Sparsley asked you a question? Do you even no any "emo" bands?
There are many diverse groups, that could be considered "emo"

Sunny Day Real Estate
Fugazi
Weezer
Jawbox
Coheed And Cambria
My Chemical Romance
Sparta
Husker Du
Mission Of Burma
Heroin

So, shut it...pussy.

Peace bd

3RA1N1AC
08-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Sunny Day Real Estate
Fugazi
Weezer
Jawbox
Coheed And Cambria
My Chemical Romance
Sparta
Husker Du
Mission Of Burma
Heroin
yeah but most of those bands are priddy shiddy. besides, like, husker du and mission of burma. and their emo-ness is... questionable.

not a very good argument in emo's favor. :P

as for the original question, it's difficult to put things in such extreme terms as "worst ever"... but then maybe i've been lucky to not spend a whole lot of time listening to music that i've thought was completely horrible. however! i bought joan of arc's first album shortly after it came out, on the recommendation of somebody whose tastes i generally trusted. they said it was a complex, challenging rock album, all that jazz. i guess that was closet emo fan code for "piece of crap." out of a few hundred LPs and just about as many CDs, it's the worst album i own and i wonder why i've never bothered to sell it. i never made the mistake of buying another record that tim kinsella had anything to do with.

Celerystalksme
08-28-2005, 01:03 AM
I can only name a few off the top of my head...they would be...

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish & The Hotdog Flavoured Water
Hed PE - Only In Amerika
Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights (I dont care what people say, it's an over-rated piece of shit)
Metallica - St Anger, Re-Load & Load
Puddle Of Mudd - (the 2nd album they made, i cant remember the title)
P.O.D. - (the album they made after Alive)
Simple Plan - (their first album)
Usher - 8701 or whatever it was called

thats 10...there is most probally more i hate, the interpol album i wouldn't of hated if it wasn't hyped and rated so much, but it was a fkn dissapointment when i first heard it. Everything else more than deserved to be on there.

j2k4
08-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Why would I want to torture myself by listening to all the tracks on an album the first track of which I could not abide without tearing my hair out?

How about a thread titled, Albums That Defied Listening To At All, At All...

3RA1N1AC
08-28-2005, 07:11 PM
maybe it's a generation gap thing? kids nowadays seem willing to spend more time trying to get a handle on seemingly difficult records that aren't necessarily sequenced in the conventional rock-album form. sure there are still plenty of albums that put the band's catchiest song at the beginning, and the slower subtler stuff evenly spaced throughout the middle, etc. but that isn't the absolute rule anymore.

imho the once "experimental" attitudes of the later beatles, beach boys, etc albums are becoming the norm, now. so... rather than expecting albums to be like a compilation of catchy singles padded with some filler material, young music fans nowadays think more in terms of the overall structure & consistency & such of each album. they're not so quick to write it off just because the first song stinks for instance, 'cause maybe it gets better toward the middle or the end, or maybe once they've heard the full album it'll all make perfect sense and suddenly that first song no longer stinks after they've got a more complete look at what the band's trying to achieve.

*shrugs* i guess i'm suggesting that the focus has shifted away, somewhat, from individual songs as discrete mini-works of art... and shifted toward the album as a larger more complex work.

j2k4
08-28-2005, 08:02 PM
maybe it's a generation gap thing? kids nowadays seem willing to spend more time trying to get a handle on seemingly difficult records that aren't necessarily sequenced in the conventional rock-album form. sure there are still plenty of albums that put the band's catchiest song at the beginning, and the slower subtler stuff evenly spaced throughout the middle, etc. but that isn't the absolute rule anymore.

imho the once "experimental" attitudes of the later beatles, beach boys, etc albums are becoming the norm, now. so... rather than expecting albums to be like a compilation of catchy singles padded with some filler material, young music fans nowadays think more in terms of the overall structure & consistency & such of each album. they're not so quick to write it off just because the first song stinks for instance, 'cause maybe it gets better toward the middle or the end, or maybe once they've heard the full album it'll all make perfect sense and suddenly that first song no longer stinks after they've got a more complete look at what the band's trying to achieve.

*shrugs* i guess i'm suggesting that the focus has shifted away, somewhat, from individual songs as discrete mini-works of art... and shifted toward the album as a larger more complex work.

As good an analysis as any...better than most, I expect. :)

missie
08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Eleventeen - Daisy Chainsaw
American Idiot - Greenday
Free All Angels - Ash
Gusto - Guttermouth
Walker - Joe Strummer
American Cheese - Nerf Herder

:snooty:

fkdup74
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
I absolutely hated The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan. I listened to the album maybe twice cover to cover and the whole thing is just really weak. It just didn’t have the distinct White Stripes sound. It sounded more like a pop album that you would here on top 40.

I actually bought that fkn cd :pinch:

1st cd I paid for in years it seems, and it sucked

never again :no:

it kinda soured me on the whole "let's go and spend money to support teh artists" idea :P

brotherdoobie
08-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Sunny Day Real Estate
Fugazi
Weezer
Jawbox
Coheed And Cambria
My Chemical Romance
Sparta
Husker Du
Mission Of Burma
Heroin
yeah but most of those bands are priddy shiddy. besides, like, husker du and mission of burma. and their emo-ness is... questionable.

not a very good argument in emo's favor. :P

as for the original question, it's difficult to put things in such extreme terms as "worst ever"... but then maybe i've been lucky to not spend a whole lot of time listening to music that i've thought was completely horrible. however! i bought joan of arc's first album shortly after it came out, on the recommendation of somebody whose tastes i generally trusted. they said it was a complex, challenging rock album, all that jazz. i guess that was closet emo fan code for "piece of crap." out of a few hundred LPs and just about as many CDs, it's the worst album i own and i wonder why i've never bothered to sell it. i never made the mistake of buying another record that tim kinsella had anything to do with.

It's not an argument for "emo". I'm just tired of hearing everyone jump on
the "I hate emo bandwagon". There are some great bands that are considered "emo".

To each their own. :)

Peace bd

brotherdoobie
08-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Eleventeen - Daisy Chainsaw
American Idiot - Greenday
Free All Angels - Ash
Gusto - Guttermouth
Walker - Joe Strummer
American Cheese - Nerf Herder

:snooty:

American Idiot rawks! :01: