PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Program That Lets Me Do This?

Rollin_On_Dubs420
04-13-2003, 02:25 PM
what i would like to be able to do is have a program be able to take my downloaded music files and be able to 'cut' out a part of it , like the intro or something like that. or even merge two files, and still be able to burn them on cd
there might be nothin like this but if there is id greatlyy appreciate the title of it and if i could just get it off kazaa
thanks in advance

Ad
04-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes Cool Edit Pro is in my opinion the best

Ynhockey
04-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Mp3 Direct Cut is a simple easy-to-use prog that can cut mp3s.

CoolEdit Pro, SoundForge and ACID Pro are professional tools that can do the above plus 3421313231 more things. But as far as i know, CoolEdit can't mix MIDIs with Waveforms, I might be mistaken though. However it's the most user-friendly of all of these, and ACID pro can actually edit MIDIs, which is very handy.

Ad
04-14-2003, 02:52 AM
CoolEdit can't mix MIDIs with Waveforms

i think it can there is an option to do a full mix down of ur MIDIS i might be wrong but

JaVnI
04-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Search internet audio mixer

Rollin_On_Dubs420
04-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Umm cool edit pro is too damn complicated for me :geek:
which program is easiest not for composing music but to just slplit, cut and merge files?
thats pretty much all i need
thanks

zolaisugly
04-15-2003, 04:07 PM
i have not used any of these prog found on this site but may find something here for

http://www.burnworld.com/software/mp3/join_split.htm

Ynhockey
04-15-2003, 04:46 PM
As I said before, use Mp3DirectCut for splitting and such.

@Adtothemp, can you try and find this option ? I tried, but couldn't :( I need it a lot 'cause mixing with ACID pro really sucks, because of the trouble recording. I would really appreciate knowing how to mix with CoolEdit Pro :) :)

NightCrawler
04-15-2003, 05:00 PM
If your using nero burning rom (a wicked cd/dvd burning proggy) it comes with a wav editor that supports mp3's thats not bad

Dapadipz
04-15-2003, 07:24 PM
If your using nero burning rom (a wicked cd/dvd burning proggy) it comes with a wav editor that supports mp3's thats not bad

Yep Good For me but wen saving save as WAV. i think the quality is much better than mp3pro. Then go on download.com and download dPoweramp (FREE WICKED CONVERTOR) convert to mp :D 3

LongJohn
04-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Well I was about to say that a good way would be to record audio into Sonic Foundry Sound Forge where you can edit the length of audio or cut into loops which are so many bars or beats long.
But you neednt even use Sound Forge - You could just do most easily in Sonic Foundry Acid Pro 4. When you put your tracks into this program it will 'beat match' the tracks to whatever tempo you want.

So if you import a track it automatically analyses and calculates the tempo so when you add a second track it will adjust the speed so that the two are perfectly in sync. This is very graphically laid out and an easy way to see what you are doing. You can cut up parts, copy and paste them, fade in, fade out, apply effects and mix it all down to one finished piece of audio - which you can sav in a variety of forms.

I work with a lot of audio software (have been for a while now) some of which is quite complex, and can be a real steep learning curve especially when looking at it for the first time, but the first thing that I looked at that made sense quickly was Acid. Just take some time to read the getting started part of the manual and you'll be bootlegging in no time. Great for dub.

The other thing you might want to have a look at ('cause they are fun anyway) is the virtual DJ apps such as Traktor or Mixmeister Pro - just like a set of decks for mp3s.

Have fun

LJ

Ad
04-16-2003, 04:21 AM
Ynhockey TO CREATE A MIX DOWN

First u have to to view multisession in this u paste all the tracks that u want to mix down in the multi view when it done u have finished it and am happy with the way it sounds the option is Edit mix down all wave forms then it mixs it to one whole wave form then u save it as mp3 or whatever DONE

Hope that helps i use it all the time for my work in radio

Ynhockey
04-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Ynhockey TO CREATE A MIX DOWN

First u have to to view multisession in this u paste all the tracks that u want to mix down in the multi view when it done u have finished it and am happy with the way it sounds the option is Edit mix down all wave forms then it mixs it to one whole wave form then u save it as mp3 or whatever DONE

Hope that helps i use it all the time for my work in radio

Unfortunately it didn't help :( 'cause a MIDI isn't a waveform. However, i think i've learned how to use ACID Pro better now and it's tolerable... to bad i have to stop using CoolEdit just because i don't know how to mix midis :(