PDA

View Full Version : lsass.exe keeps fecking terminating...

Smith
08-27-2005, 03:53 AM
Well tonights sucked major balls. My computer got infected badly by spyware and viruses, and i seem to have gotten it to a lever were i can work with it but its still acting a bit goofey.

Ive scanned in safemode with spybot and nod32 and removed a shitload of crap.

Now for some reason lsass.exe terminates randomly and shuts down my computer. Also alot of new processes that ive never seen before but are aparently "safe" have showed up in the task manager.

msiexec.exe
spoolsv.exe
(theres more but task manager decieded to freeze while i was typing this)
I also get random lockups. Im sure i havnt got all of the shit on here but ive gotten alot of it. I mean right when im writing this post task manager fucking froze. What else can i do?

peat moss
08-27-2005, 04:09 AM
I'v found an online virus scan helpful ,lsass can be a virus too .

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/lsass/

Don't give up but found the best virus removal tools are fdisk and format . :)

Smith
08-27-2005, 04:27 AM
Looks like i have the sasser worm, ive done a bit of research and it matches all my symptoms. Im running the removal tool right now, i hope it works.

peat moss
08-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Boy thats an old one hope you get it sorted .

Delorean
08-27-2005, 09:49 AM
You never know some worms are stelth and some others can disable any kind of anti-virus and its pretty hard to find them and remove them even with the tool remover...

Some other can even delete registry keys and values and hell you don't want this to happen. So you better get rid of the quickly!

Maybe there are more.. open the control panel, g Add/remove programms and check for any other installed programm that you have no idea where the heck it came from..

It would be better to format your pc to avoid the serching time and get rid of any other worm/virus/trojan or whatever sliped away.

Smith
08-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Hmm, im using the Kaspersky online scanner and its already found a trojan that NOD32 didnt..."Trojan.Win32.LowZones.bh"

Im starting to doubt nod32's capabilities. Should i swich to Kaspersky?

Smith
08-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Kaspersky online says i have 4 trojans.

C:\Program Files\Eset\infected\2I0SG3DA.NQF Infected: Backdoor.Win32.PoeBot.b
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\B8TXYGAB\pixs[1].ru Infected: Trojan.Win32.LowZones.bh
C:\WINDOWS\system32\revz.exe Infected: Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.yu
C:\zero.exe Infected: Backdoor.Win32.SdBot.xm

Suggestions on how to remove?

peat moss
08-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Would n't a trojan remover work better ? Mabye Trojan Hunter , did you try the trendmicro site I linked ? That has saved my friends a few times.

DanB
08-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Should i swich to Kaspersky?

Yes :)

Smith
08-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Ugh, fuck it, i keep removing them and new ones come back.

Im trying to format, how do i retart my computer so it starts with command prompt? I cant do it in safemode, and when i put the xp disk in it only wants to install.

peat moss
08-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Boot from cdrom .

Link : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=97309

Smith
08-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks, finally i got it going. To bad it had to come to this. Im starting to think about using Kaspersky once im up and running again. I mean its online scanner picked up 4 trojans that NOD32 didnt. Should i?

peat moss
08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Try it mabye you'll like it , I'm a Symantec fanboy so can't really say. But I use a trojan guard aswell as an antivirus . ;)

Smith
08-27-2005, 09:47 PM
I used trojan guard, i just couldnt find a crack so it would update :P