PDA

View Full Version : Michael Owen on drugs ?

peat moss
08-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Just kidding , but if he really wants to play at home why all the turn downs ?

The Spanish league is good but thought he wanted to come home to the Premiere league ? Is it just money or did I miss read something , how does one stay match fit if your on the bench ? :blink: New Castle would be a nice fit no ?

I read about this site today too thought it was funny some Yank kid havin fun .

Manchester Buccaneers :

http://spaces.msn.com/members/ManchesterBuccaneers/

Peerzy
08-27-2005, 05:01 PM
He's fifth in line at Real Madrid so he would get maybe 2-3 games a year. He hasn't rejected Newcastle, he's waiting to see if Liverpool (his old club) make a bid for him, if they don't im sure he will go to Newcastle, he would just like Liverpool better because he's already a fan favourite, they are in the champions league and have a far better chance of winning something than Newcastle, also he would get much better crosses, and balls from Gerrard and co than Newcastle, so is likley to score more.

maebach
08-27-2005, 06:14 PM
he would make a great partnership with cisse

Peerzy
08-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Why :unsure:

There bother the same type of player, pacy, if anything you want a tall goal poacher with a pacy striker.

maebach
08-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I think this is better than the Heskey/Owen partnership. I didn't like Heskey

Rat Faced
08-27-2005, 10:19 PM
He's fifth in line at Real Madrid so he would get maybe 2-3 games a year. He hasn't rejected Newcastle, he's waiting to see if Liverpool (his old club) make a bid for him, if they don't im sure he will go to Newcastle, he would just like Liverpool better because he's already a fan favourite, they are in the champions league and have a far better chance of winning something than Newcastle, also he would get much better crosses, and balls from Gerrard and co than Newcastle, so is likley to score more.

We have a very good Midfield :snooty:

Just no defence and one decent Striker with no upfront support..

And we only have a Team, not a Squad...

Souness really should just f*ck off, together with Shepherd... but unfortunatly, they are so far up each others arses, and dont give a f*ck what the fans or players want.

I'm not at all surprised that Owen doesnt really want to come to Newcastle atm... I dont think any player with a choice, in the Premiership, would unless they were mental.

Cheese
08-30-2005, 09:42 AM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=302694&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=OWEN+AGREES+MAGPIES+MOVE&channel=football_home

manker
08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
You think Newcastle might be able to score now :unsure:

Peerzy
08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Dunno, guess it's good news though, be good to see him playing football, but i think he'll have to be ill for every away Liverpool match :lol:

Cheese
08-30-2005, 10:22 AM

I reckon so, hopefully Fulham get a drubbing Saturday week. If they can't score I might give up watching puntsphere and start watching some lesser sport like basketball.

Cheese
08-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Dunno, guess it's good news though, be good to see him playing football, but i think he'll have to be ill for every away Liverpool match :lol:

They play on Boxing Day, should be fun.:unsure:

manker
08-30-2005, 10:41 AM

I reckon so, hopefully Fulham get a drubbing Saturday week. If they can't score I might give up watching puntsphere and start watching some lesser sport like basketball.I saw some girls playing that once.

It looked a rubbish game. The fans of it are rubbish too, they seem to encourage cheating :dry:

peat moss
08-31-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey was reading in the morning paper Alan Shearer, was burning up the phone lines trying to convince Owen to come to Newcastle . Smart boy, he was always one of my favorites .

manker
08-31-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey was reading in the morning paper Alan Shearer, was burning up the phone lines trying to convince Owen to come to Newcastle . Smart boy, he was always one of my favorites .If he was smart, he would have just phoned.

Smoke signals are so passé :snooty:

peat moss
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
I see he signed for 4 years at Newcastle .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/31/nowen31.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/08/31/ixhome.html

maebach
09-01-2005, 03:22 AM
4 years is alot. I think he'll be unhappy.

Peerzy
09-01-2005, 03:30 AM
He has a clause in his contact that says after 12 months, if any club offers £12M or more, Newcastle have to accept it. Ofcourse MO might not want to leave after 1 year and he might like it with Newcastle. Remember hardly any players see out there contracts. Most sign for 4 or 5 years and are either sold after 3 (after refusing to sign a new contract) or after 3 years sign an 'extension' which means instead of having only 2 years left, they have say 4.

If they refuse to sign a new contract and arn't sold at the end of the contract there free to leave to any club for free, so most clubs try to sell before that happens otherwise they lose out.

Thats one of the reasons MO went to R. Madrid in the first place. He had 1 year left with Liverpool and had refused to sign a new contract. If Liverpool had not sold him he would have gone ot R. Madrid after the year for free, and not the £8M he went for.

scribblec
09-01-2005, 06:59 AM
newcastle are trying to ruin emres career... and now owens too :@

i mean which idiot manager plays a player who isnt ment to have played for 6 weeks straight into the first game after world cup friendlies? :@

manker
09-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Since Owen's lacklustre press conference and the pitiful get-out clause in his contract came to light, it will be interesting to see how Newcastle fans take to him.

They are among the best and most loyal fans anywhere in the world but he's certainly no Shearer (I don't mean that in a playing sense) and I would expect him to get shite from some quarters of the support.

It's difficult for me to recall any major signing being so melancholy about his new club.

Cheese
09-01-2005, 11:52 AM
His get-out clause seems a bit more complicated than just £12 million next year and he can go, it also depends on NUFC's league position and qualification for European competition.

It would be a fucking blow to lose Owen and Shearer at the end of the season. I'd be gutted, like a Liverpool fan who has just realised their goalscoring legend will be playing for toon this season.

I think, for Owen, joining NUFC is akin to taking home an ugly bird after a night out. You'd prefer to be shagging a cute blonde with pert breasts but any hole's a goal...

manker
09-01-2005, 11:59 AM
I think, for Owen, joining NUFC is akin to taking home an ugly bird after a night out. You'd prefer to be shagging a cute blonde with pert breasts but any hole's a goal...:lol:

Noice.

I think he's damn lucky to be going there. The unique situation of his preferred clubs means that Newcastle is the best option he could have hoped for; the top three already having a full complement of top strikers, Liverpool being indifferent probably because of the way he blackmailed them into leaving and Real Madrid, plus other top foreign teams, not thinking he was up to the job.

Newcastle are a huge club who treat their players magnificently and the supporters treat them like gods. Maybe after he stops rolling his eyes, he'll realise that he's a fairly lucky chap to be playing for a team in which he could well be the final piece of the jigsaw.

billyfridge
09-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Owen's sad because we didn't want him at Man U

JPaul
09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I think, for Owen, joining NUFC is akin to taking home an ugly bird after a night out. You'd prefer to be shagging a cute blonde with pert breasts but any hole's a goal...:lol:

Noice.

I think he's damn lucky to be going there. The unique situation of his preferred clubs means that Newcastle is the best option he could have hoped for; the top three already having a full complement of top strikers, Liverpool being indifferent probably because of the way he blackmailed them into leaving and Real Madrid, plus other top foreign teams, not thinking he was up to the job.

Newcastle are a huge club who treat their players magnificently and the supporters treat them like gods. Maybe after he stops rolling his eyes, he'll realise that he's a fairly lucky chap to be playing for a team in which he could well be the final piece of the jigsaw.

He's happy because he is at the only club which would have been interested in him, for the reasons you stated.

He's sad because his new manager is a dirty, hacking, cheating, hun bastard.

The boy is simply a wee bit amphibious just now.

Cheese
09-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Owen's sad because we didn't want him at Man U

They were too busy making people redundant to sign anyone...

Peerzy
09-01-2005, 05:29 PM
His get-out clause seems a bit more complicated than just £12 million next year and he can go, it also depends on NUFC's league position and qualification for European competition.

Im not sure about the League position but in his contract it says he "needs to be play European football" whatever that means.

However i can imagine that NC are set to make massive ammounts of money on the shirts, and Owen related merchandise. If every NC fan buys the shirt at £30 then thats much more than the £4M difference between that the paid and his buy out clause.

If NC play there cards right they could make this move work for them as well as Owen.

JPaul
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Newcastle United fans buy the shirts anyway. If they just get a different name on it I don't see where the extra income comes from.

DanB
09-01-2005, 08:25 PM

Apparently the get out clause isn't in the contract he actually signed

Rat Faced
09-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Newcastle United fans buy the shirts anyway. If they just get a different name on it I don't see where the extra income comes from.

JPaul, I know a few people that have 2 or 3 of the current shirts.. with the different names on them.

You'd almost think that they all need to be wearing the same players name at the same time... and the day of the week defines which name is required.

Owen will be popular, so there will be a number shirts sold with his number and name on them, in addition to the normal sales.

Bit pathetic really.. :blushing:

DanB
09-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Have you got yours yet then? :unsure:

Cheese
09-01-2005, 10:00 PM

Mine's on order...

DanB
09-01-2005, 10:05 PM

Mine's on order...

:lol: :lol:

Peerzy
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Speaking of which, does anyone know where i can order a kits with names and numbers on them. Ebay is just full of fakes and im sick of buying them and having to send them back to get my refund.

maebach
09-02-2005, 03:52 AM
:lol: Newcastle and Liverpool, new rivalry?

Peerzy
09-02-2005, 05:06 AM
The Kop > Rocks > Owens Head

:unsure:

Cheese
09-02-2005, 11:16 AM
:lol: (http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=303448&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Latics+tried+for+Owen&channel=football_home)

peat moss
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
What does the Toon Army mean ? Saw a reference in the sports page about Newcastle fans .

Peerzy
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
It's a nickname, kinda like Man Utd are sometimes called the red devils, and Arsenal are the gunners.

manker
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
What does the Toon Army mean ? Saw a reference in the sports page about Newcastle fans .Toon Army = Newcastle fans.

manker
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
What does the Toon Army mean ?It's a nickname, kinda like Man Utd are sometimes called the red devils, and Arsenal are the gunners.No it's not :lol: :blink:

Cheese
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Toon = town.

peat moss
09-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Toon = town.

If they were called the Brown Ale's I would of understood . :D They sound like great fans tho ,did n't thousands turn out to greet the new player and his little girl ?

manker
09-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Toon = town.They sound like great fans tho ,did n't thousands turn out to greet the new player and his little girl ?That was Souness and Owen, the new player is a particularly wee fella but only the acutely myopic would mistake him for a little girl.

http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/dabs.gif

Illuminati
09-03-2005, 01:43 PM
I should have known this'd come up while I was away :lol:

TBH I offer my best wishes to Newcastle & Owen in what'll hopefully be a frightening combo. Seriously, I'm indifferent to Owen coming back to the Premiership.

What I had a problem with though was the thought of Owen coming back to Liverpool. This was a guy who basically went to the hot-shit at the time (Real Madrid) when Liverpool were pretty low and weren't winning much. A year later, Liverpool wins the Champions' League and he wants to come back. That smelt less of missing home and more of missing the silverware.

I also had a problem with some of the media begging for Owen to come back to Liverpool. Out of all the reporters, analysts, columnists, whatever - I only noticed one as being an LFC supporter. No one player defines a team - Same reason why I appreciate Gerrard's talents but don't bow down to Gerrardmania. :no:

Peerzy
09-03-2005, 03:06 PM
It's a nickname, kinda like Man Utd are sometimes called the red devils, and Arsenal are the gunners.No it's not :lol: :blink:

T'was drunk :blushing:

Peerzy
09-03-2005, 03:09 PM
I should have known this'd come up while I was away :lol:

TBH I offer my best wishes to Newcastle & Owen in what'll hopefully be a frightening combo. Seriously, I'm indifferent to Owen coming back to the Premiership.

What I had a problem with though was the thought of Owen coming back to Liverpool. This was a guy who basically went to the hot-shit at the time (Real Madrid) when Liverpool were pretty low and weren't winning much. A year later, Liverpool wins the Champions' League and he wants to come back. That smelt less of missing home and more of missing the silverware.

I also had a problem with some of the media begging for Owen to come back to Liverpool. Out of all the reporters, analysts, columnists, whatever - I only noticed one as being an LFC supporter. No one player defines a team - Same reason why I appreciate Gerrard's talents but don't bow down to Gerrardmania. :no:

Without Gerrard Liverpool are an avarage team, without Gerrard and Alonso your utter shyte. It doesn't help that your striker force is crap. Cisse is the best. Crouch is white Drogba. FM seems to have lost his finishing skill and seems to find the Premiership to fast paced.

Without Gerrard you would only have just scraped through the early CL quilifiers. To me Gerrard makes your team a good team, without him you would be a mid table team just getting in on a Euro cup slot.