PDA

View Full Version : ouch....

ooo
08-27-2005, 11:01 PM
so two computers were on in the same room, the monitor for one computer fell off, my brother's so smart he plugs it into an serial slot of the motherboard, so theres a spark, (computers were both on at hte time), we shut off both computers, i tried pulling out the main power cable and my name got shocked, then i picked up the monitor cable and the metal touched me and i got shocked again and it sparked on me, then i was showing what my brother did wrong and i tilted the case, he didnt get it so i show him again as my hand draws near i felt a current or something go through me and my whole arm went numb, right now I'm on my computer and theres 2 computers in the other room sitting around

the vga cable has a little piece of metal burnt and on one computer the serial thing is burnt, now how would i approach the cable and the computer? lol as i've already been shocked 2 times with a numb left hand right now

Vipergts662
08-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Shut the power off to the room at the circuit breaker

ooo
08-28-2005, 12:16 AM
i unplugged everything already just letting the computer sit around for a while, should i plug in the monitor cable even tho one of the chips are burnt

Virtualbody1234
08-28-2005, 12:19 AM
i unplugged everything already just letting the computer sit around for a while, should i plug in the monitor cable even tho one of the chips are burnt
No.

Peerzy
08-28-2005, 12:24 AM
so two computers were on in the same room, the monitor for one computer fell off, my brother's so smart he plugs it into an serial slot of the motherboard, so theres a spark, (computers were both on at hte time), we shut off both computers, i tried pulling out the main power cable and my name got shocked, then i picked up the monitor cable and the metal touched me and i got shocked again and it sparked on me, then i was showing what my brother did wrong and i tilted the case, he didnt get it so i show him again as my hand draws near i felt a current or something go through me and my whole arm went numb, right now I'm on my computer and theres 2 computers in the other room sitting around

the vga cable has a little piece of metal burnt and on one computer the serial thing is burnt, now how would i approach the cable and the computer? lol as i've already been shocked 2 times with a numb left hand right now

Mind telling me how one gets his name shocked :blink:

Wolfmight
08-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Maybe he meant something metaphorically?

That sounds pretty bad.

Just yesterday, I was right about to plug in the ol leaf blower, when my hand was shocked! I was so exhausted in the heat of the day, that my sweaty index finger was touching one of the prongs as I plugged it in! Good thing the electrical outlet had a breaker built-in, or I might has been toasted. Ironically, I was touching the "ground" prong of the extension cable as well.
It felt beat up for a few seconds, but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as your accident.

I suppose the lesson is, people shouldn't mess with electronics while exhausted or take some major caution around damaged electrical equipment.

I really hate those coaxial cables used to hook up Cable/Satellite/etc... Sometimes, there's a charge when you hook them up, leaving you with a shock.

tesco
08-29-2005, 03:20 AM
How can you plug a monitor cable into a serial plug in the first place. :blink:
They're both male :snooty:

edit:

I was so exhausted in the heat of the day, that my sweaty index finger was touching one of the prongs as I plugged it in!You can't get any sort of electricity form the ground plug, you must have touched one of the other prongs as well.

I really hate those coaxial cables used to hook up Cable/Satellite/etc... Sometimes, there's a charge when you hook them up, leaving you with a shock.
I get that too, at my grandma's house, scary. :cry:

ooo
08-30-2005, 02:53 AM
lol my brother did that, well that room is quiet dangerous right now cause theres 2 computers in it the backs are facing each other lol, one computers going to be gone soon cause bros leavin back to college, anyways bro plugged the monitor back into the computer and everythiing seems to be working lol, the extra electricity seems to have disappeared, he took it off w/ my keys -.-