PDA

View Full Version : Someones trying to hack me....

Smith
08-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Well i just got my shit together after that last attack. This time i went with Kaspersky, and it seems it paying off.

I keep getting a warning that someone called "Lovesan" is attacking my network and that he was blocked. What should i do? I have never been warned that i was being hacked before...

It would seem that it keeps comming over and over again. What the hell is going on...

Im kinda scared :(

peat moss
08-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Turn off the notifications and be done with it . :D Your talking about a firewall
right ?

Virtualbody1234
08-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Why be worried when your firewall is doing its job?

Santa
08-30-2005, 02:04 AM
it seems you have a virus
http://www.google.no/search?q=Lovesan&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Smith
08-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Ugh, this only happened because i connected directly to my modem(stupid me). Now that im behind my router again it seems fine.

For some reason Kaspersky seems to slow done my computer alot...If im behind the router would it be safe to go back to trusty old NOD32?

iMartin
08-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Hmm...I get the same exact message from time to time, also from Kaspersky. I'm on a DSL line, direct connection, no router. Also, no firewall.

grooman
08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
yep, install NOD32. It's the best! :01:

Smith
08-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Ahh, well im back to nod32, so everythings good again.

iMartin, you should consider getting a router :D

Delorean
08-30-2005, 07:42 PM
If you have a firewall you don't need a router.

A compination of a firewall and the Ad-watch(ad-aware programme) and you have nothing to fear of hack attacks or spywares/adwares tracking cookies and other kind of craps.

Just install NOD32 too and your pc is almost 95% secure!

NOTE: YOUR PC IS NEVER 100% SECURE

{I}{K}{E}
08-30-2005, 08:44 PM

You use a router for sharing an internet connection.. you cannot do that with a firewall :huh:

orcutt989
08-30-2005, 08:46 PM

A compination of a firewall and the Ad-watch(ad-aware programme) and you have nothing to fear of hack attacks or spywares/adwares tracking cookies and other kind of craps.

What about if you turn off your modem? My cable modem has a "standby" button on it which shuts it off, so when you arent on the computer, people cant take advantage of your internet or get access.

Virtualbody1234
08-30-2005, 10:22 PM

What about if you turn off your modem? My cable modem has a "standby" button on it which shuts it off, so when you arent on the computer, people cant take advantage of your internet or get access.
That isn't 100% of the time. ;)

Smith
08-31-2005, 12:06 AM
Well im back with NOD32 and my router, i havnt had any problems so im happy.

Thanks guys.

fkdup74
08-31-2005, 01:11 AM

yer smoked out :lol:

I'd say, with just a firewall, AV and ad-watch (which is pish IMO)....
you might be at 75%.....maybe

a good trojan scanner will bump you up a few more points....
a router is not a bad idea, as it helps a bit as well
do you absolutely need it? no, I got by w/o one for a long time,
but it's still nice to have one now

for 100% protection form the network....just dont plug it in :P