PDA

View Full Version : peer to peer issue

underside
08-30-2005, 03:52 AM
The internet allows music to be shared in an ad-hoc manner by computer users completely bypassing conventional production and distribution networks and their embedded monetary exchange systems. Participants in theses peer to peer networks have been subject to litigation by publishers and creators. New legislation adopted by the federal government ensures not only the intellectual property and existing copyrights of creators but also attribution and so called moral rights over the use of original materials

I'm wondering how u guys see this issue. Do u see urselves as consumers or producers, do u wish to exercise ur moral rights and feel that artists' rights should be protected or do u see urselves as actors in a process of social transformation whereby creative works become part of the common cultural property of a globalised networked society?

Any feedback on how u feel about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Barbarossa
08-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I haven't really thought about it...

I just like getting free stuff. :)

Alien5
08-30-2005, 09:48 AM
i see myselves as actors in a process of social transformation whereby creative works become part of the common cultural property of a globalised networked society

dodgy368
08-31-2005, 01:47 PM
i see myselves as actors in a process of social transformation whereby creative works become part of the common cultural property of a globalised networked society

So do I.:lol:

zacspeed
09-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I think we're all thieving bastards!

:D

Hairbautt
09-06-2005, 11:38 PM
I just like getting free stuff. :)
Couldn't of said it any better. :)

Gripper
09-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Half the stuff released is shite anyway,it's nice to rip off the ripoff merchants and I agree with Barbarossa

Hanz™
09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I just would like us to go back to the times when Music was (practically) free.