PDA

View Full Version : Am i doing something wrong?

E-Val
08-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Im new to this whole newsgroups thing so go easy :P

I have got grabit 1.5.3 and for example tried to get lost season 1 disk 2 (posted on this forum)

It downloads articles but they are only empty text files (e.g. Lost.S1.D2.NTSC.DVDR-RiVERDVD -[005108] - riverdvd-lost.s1d2.r03 yEnc (198) (by [email protected] (abdvdrcore)).txt)

How can i actually download the rar files??

Anyones help would be much appreciated.

RealitY
08-31-2005, 03:19 AM
Empty files are generally caused by poor retention which in short maens that they are no longer on the server your using. This can be caused when trying to access older articles or if the server you have has low retention. Many ISP only have 3 to 5 day retention and some dont even allow binaries at all. If you come to find that your ISP Usenet service is crap then you may want to consider a payserver like NewsHosting which is one of the best deals around. Of course if you do decide to signup with NewsHosting make sure to use our referral link at...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

brotherdoobie
08-31-2005, 04:50 AM
Im new to this whole newsgroups thing so go easy :P

I have got grabit 1.5.3 and for example tried to get lost season 1 disk 2 (posted on this forum)

It downloads articles but they are only empty text files (e.g. Lost.S1.D2.NTSC.DVDR-RiVERDVD -[005108] - riverdvd-lost.s1d2.r03 yEnc (198) (by [email protected] (abdvdrcore)).txt)

How can i actually download the rar files??

Anyones help would be much appreciated.

Do you use Zone Alarm?

Peace bd