PDA

View Full Version : Prominent Aussie Politician's Suicide Attempt

3RA1N1AC
08-31-2005, 06:56 AM
for people who might not have heard of this story:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/shattered-brogdens-suicide-bid/2005/08/31/1125302574623.html?oneclick=true

News of Mr Brogden's collapse swept quickly around Macquarie Street, where his colleagues had been involved in a late-night numbers battle to decide who will replace the 36-year-old, who resigned on Monday after admitting to propositioning female journalists and referring to Helena Carr, wife of the former premier, as a mail-order bride.

theres prolly some fodder for discussion here, re: politics, media, social issues, work, play, and the contemporary attitudes of 'stralian society in comparison with its western cousins. some of the above or all of the above, i reckon. and it's an interesting story, besides.

j2k4
09-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I am relieved to find the human condition is all-pervading and that Americans are not alone in suffering it's effects. :dry:

Busyman
09-01-2005, 01:57 AM
I am relieved to find the human condition is all-pervading and that Americans are not alone in suffering it's effects. :dry:
Bullshit. Americans are the only one's suffering from the human condition.

It's fucking CaptainObvious. :dry:

j2k4
09-01-2005, 02:10 AM

Americans are obviously more cynical, too. :D

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 04:07 AM
This guy is a serial pest, he has a history of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards women, and an aggressive attitude to anyone who disagrees with him. He now makes a pathetic attempt at suicide, and is taken to hospital with "minor" injuries. Fucking wanker, typical conservative politician.

GepperRankins
09-01-2005, 04:40 AM

was there supposed to be a comma in the middle of that word or something?

j2k4
09-01-2005, 07:57 PM
This guy is a serial pest, he has a history of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards women, and an aggressive attitude to anyone who disagrees with him. He now makes a pathetic attempt at suicide, and is taken to hospital with "minor" injuries. Fucking wanker, typical conservative politician.

Has he been convicted of any of these serially pestilent behaviors?

BTW-

As it has been already firmly decided by the almost interminable beating of a certain (and certainly now-dead) horse, your U.K. definition of conservative does not match our own, thus your reference is not at all correlative.

Please try again, Ma'am. :huh:

whypikonme
09-02-2005, 03:34 AM

Has he been convicted of any of these serially pestilent behaviors?

BTW-

As it has been already firmly decided by the almost interminable beating of a certain (and certainly now-dead) horse, your U.K. definition of conservative does not match our own, thus your reference is not at all correlative.

Please try again, Ma'am. :huh:

Yes. (Of course you could have found this out for yourself, but hey ..)

l'm not English, and l wasn't talking about English pollies, the nationality of said pest should have been a clue, so whatever gave you that idea? Oh, l know, American Excess, that'll do nicely sir.